A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Michael Arram his stories.
Michael Arram his stories.  [message #69322] Thu, 19 March 2015 12:07 Go to next message
Topher is currently offline  Topher

Getting started

I have been really impressed by this author. His stories are well thought out and inspired in a lot of ways. I expect that a TV company could in reality make a TV show based on his writings. The attention to detail is a master class in its own way. I do wonder how many authors base their writing on events that have happened to them rather than events that they wished could have happened?

I found the emotions in Mike's writing spot on. I could in reality picture myself sitting in each scene watching the action take place.
Re: Michael Arram his stories.  [message #69323 is a reply to message #69322] Thu, 19 March 2015 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I agree with you. The fantastic world he creates works because 95% of it is real, and the 5% is founded in reality. The trick of writing any story, but especially in writing fantasy, is to found it on a solid base of reality

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Michael Arram his stories.  [message #69332 is a reply to message #69323] Fri, 20 March 2015 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paulj is currently offline  paulj

Likes it here

It was Michael Arram's 'Henry in the Outfield' that was the very first story that I came across by pure chance on the 'Nifty Archive'
He then announced that his stories were coming here. I then found so much else.  It was actually Michael who inspired me to 'have a go' at writing.

I did, it seemed to work...

I agree, his writing is highly polished and so very professional in many ways.  Paul Jamison
Re: Michael Arram his stories.  [message #69469 is a reply to message #69322] Mon, 13 April 2015 13:39 Go to previous message
Topher is currently offline  Topher

Getting started

I have just finished reading all of Michael's stories now and have genuinely been hooked from start to finish. I have never regretted coming to the end of a story so much. I would have been really rather happy to carry on reading these adventures. Such a shame he stopped writing.

Previous Topic: The Axis Trilogy
Next Topic: Fitting In, by Andrew Foort
Goto Forum: