A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > "Shit Eating Grins"
"Shit Eating Grins"  [message #69852] Tue, 30 June 2015 14:05 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Has anyone ever looked at the phrase 'Shit Eating Grin' in any detail?

Do folk really grin when they eat shit?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "Shit Eating Grins"  [message #69855 is a reply to message #69852] Tue, 30 June 2015 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

I am afraid to think,...could it have anything to do with the phrase, "Candy Ass?"
Re: "Shit Eating Grins"  [message #69867 is a reply to message #69855] Thu, 02 July 2015 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

It's the grin someone wears when someone else has to eat shit. "Eat shit" is when you've been proven wrong, and have to eat your own words.
So you wear it when you've proven someone else wrong, or, made them eat their own words, or, eat shit. You can also wear it when you've dissed someone really well. Hence, the phrase, "Eat shit."
When person-a proves person-b wrong, person-a wears a shit-eating grin at person-b, because person-b has to eat their words concerning their bull-shit theory/idea.
Timmy? Did you get a peek at The Circle Cubed? This is a scene in it. Or is this another 'coincidence'?
I had this discussion with friends about that phrase when we were teens. Yeah, we were an odd bunch, sitting around talking about phrases. Usually after a movie, when we were dissecting it, the dialog, etc.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 July 2015 10:28]

raysstories.com
Re: "Shit Eating Grins"  [message #69868 is a reply to message #69867] Thu, 02 July 2015 12:33 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Smokr wrote on Thu, 02 July 2015 11:17It's the grin someone wears when someone else has to eat shit. "Eat shit" is when you've been proven wrong, and have to eat your own words.
So you wear it when you've proven someone else wrong, or, made them eat their own words, or, eat shit. You can also wear it when you've dissed someone really well. Hence, the phrase, "Eat shit."
When person-a proves person-b wrong, person-a wears a shit-eating grin at person-b, because person-b has to eat their words concerning their bull-shit theory/idea.
Timmy? Did you get a peek at The Circle Cubed? This is a scene in it. Or is this another 'coincidence'?
I had this discussion with friends about that phrase when we were teens. Yeah, we were an odd bunch, sitting around talking about phrases. Usually after a movie, when we were dissecting it, the dialog, etc.

--
I suspect coincidence Smile I'm good at those!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: posting avatar
Next Topic: Congratulations to our American friends!
Goto Forum: