A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies
U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70232] Wed, 23 September 2015 05:04 Go to next message
Ashdaw is currently offline  Ashdaw

Toe is in the water

How does anyone here feel about this? I doubt that anyone would be willing to say that this was ok and from what I have read, it isn't JUST American soldiers that are being told this, British, Canadian and Australian soldiers have been aware of this for sometime and can say nothing. it never ceases to amaze me that these low-life muslims have the gall to HANG gay men and boys then, they go and do this sort of thing and, it appears they do it with impunity. I have seen a pic taken of a boy of 6 who was RAPED and then MURDERED. These people are scum and need to be eradicated.
============================================================ ===================================================

KABUL, Afghanistan -- In his last phone call home, Lance Cpl. Gregory Buckley Jr. told his father what was troubling him: From his bunk in southern Afghanistan, he could hear Afghan police officers sexually abusing boys they had brought to the base."At night we can hear them screaming, but we're not allowed to do anything about it," the Marine's father, Gregory Buckley Sr., recalled his son telling him before he was shot to death at the base in 2012. He urged his son to tell his superiors. "My son said that his officers told him to look the other way because it's their culture."Continue reading the main storyRelated Coverage

Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70233 is a reply to message #70232] Wed, 23 September 2015 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Appalling!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70234 is a reply to message #70233] Wed, 23 September 2015 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

It is bad enough that this is happening but, it is MUCH worse that these people are being told to shut up?
So much evil in the world and no one to stand for these poor kids. Sad
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70235 is a reply to message #70234] Wed, 23 September 2015 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

I take exception to this whole "story" by Russell Goldman of ABC News as planting even more seeds of war and destruction.  I say that because, after 13 years of killing and occupation the Brit, Australian and American public justifiably begins to wonder why we are still there.  Stories like this fuel the insane policy to continue on.

I read the New York Times article and as the Times often does, they hype the drama with comments like "screaming boys"

I do believe that there is a lot of regrettable behavior completely foreign to coalition forces, but what are they doing there is the first place?

Afghan culture forbids any sex with a woman outside of marriage and considers it a serious crime because women are regarded as property.  

(You will note that the man raping the 14 years old girl was then ingenuously compelled to marry her.)  

Many men go through life without ever having sexual encounter with a woman and it is not because they are homosexual.  

If fact, heterosexual men prefer boys for lack of anything else because they do not like men and they do not consider themselves homosexual. 

You can find the same reprehensible behavior every hour of every day in US prisons where they regularly sentence young people to long terms in prison for minor crimes.  These boys are regularly made into sex slaves.  If the boys in US prisons seek help their life is surely in danger. 

Because of the unnatural prohibition of sex with women, having sex with boys becomes the only viable option for many men. 

I have no doubt that the same social customs were in place before the wars starting in the 80's with the Soviet invasion.   (We are talking 40 years of war less one decade.)

The major side effect of years of war is to upset traditional family life and send fathers and sons into the field to mead out or suffer death and destruction.  These men have willingly or were compelled to take up arms leaving their own wives and children unprotected on a landscape of chaos created by us. 

My dear fellow members, "What do you expect to come out of this?"

Why are you people so surprised?  Why is your focus so narrow?  Since when do drone assaults on wedding parties have a positive results?   Since when do nighttime raids where the men over 15 are shot or taken away leaving women and children defenseless are going to give positive results.  What is the object other than to further the cause of war..

I do know that stories like this are designed for a purpose and that is to further rally the public and justify death and destruction.  As far as I can see, they are just getting started. 

"Quote:"
The first casualty of war is the truth...

You will recall that the move into Iraq in the first Gulf War was prompted by a woman claiming the Iraqi soldiers pulled babies out of incubators and thrown onto the cold floor..   Story carried by the New York Times on the uncorroborated testimony of one person.  Later was proven to be false.

Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld held up an elaborate illustration of bin Laden's secret hideout in Tora Bora for all the TV networks.  The drawing depicted elevators, computer rooms and a store house of weapons.  The New York Times dutifully carried the story without investigation.   None of it was true.

As for ISIS there are serious questions from the Guardian and the Huffington Post and numerous other sources as to where ISIS is getting encouragement and funding. The air strikes are hitting Syrian infrastructure not ISIS.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2015 16:06]

Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70238 is a reply to message #70235] Thu, 24 September 2015 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

The entire middle-east is a yeast-infected camel's anus and we have no business sticking our noses into it. We'll just end up with shit on our faces.
The rape of boys or girls or men or women should not be ignored, allies or not. Sometimes I just wish it would all be turned into a glowing glass desert and have it over with.

raysstories.com
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70241 is a reply to message #70235] Thu, 24 September 2015 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
larkin wrote on Wed, 23 September 2015 13:30I take exception to this whole "story" by Russell Goldman of ABC News as planting even more seeds of war and destruction.  I say that because, after 13 years of killing and occupation the Brit, Australian and American public justifiably begins to wonder why we are still there.  Stories like this fuel the insane policy to continue on.

I read the New York Times article and as the Times often does, they hype the drama with comments like "screaming boys"

I do believe that there is a lot of regrettable behavior completely foreign to coalition forces, but what are they doing there is the first place?

Afghan culture forbids any sex with a woman outside of marriage and considers it a serious crime because women are regarded as property.  

(You will note that the man raping the 14 years old girl was then ingenuously compelled to marry her.)  

Many men go through life without ever having sexual encounter with a woman and it is not because they are homosexual.  

If fact, heterosexual men prefer boys for lack of anything else because they do not like men and they do not consider themselves homosexual. 

You can find the same reprehensible behavior every hour of every day in US prisons where they regularly sentence young people to long terms in prison for minor crimes.  These boys are regularly made into sex slaves.  If the boys in US prisons seek help their life is surely in danger. 

Because of the unnatural prohibition of sex with women, having sex with boys becomes the only viable option for many men. 

I have no doubt that the same social customs were in place before the wars starting in the 80's with the Soviet invasion.   (We are talking 40 years of war less one decade.)

The major side effect of years of war is to upset traditional family life and send fathers and sons into the field to mead out or suffer death and destruction.  These men have willingly or were compelled to take up arms leaving their own wives and children unprotected on a landscape of chaos created by us. 

Why are you people so surprised?  Why is your focus so narrow?  Since when do drone assaults on wedding parties have a positive results?   Since when do nighttime raids where the men over 15 are shot or taken away leaving women and children defenseless are going to give positive results.  What is the object other than to further the cause of war..

I do know that stories like this are designed for a purpose and that is to further rally the public and justify death and destruction.  As far as I can see, they are just getting started. 

You will recall that the move into Iraq in the first Gulf War was prompted by a woman claiming the Iraqi soldiers pulled babies out of incubators and thrown onto the cold floor..   Story carried by the New York Times on the uncorroborated testimony of one person.  Later was proven to be false.

Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld held up an elaborate illustration of bin Laden's secret hideout in Tora Bora for all the TV networks.  The drawing depicted elevators, computer rooms and a store house of weapons.  The New York Times dutifully carried the story without investigation.   None of it was true.

As for ISIS there are serious questions from the Guardian and the Huffington Post and numerous other sources as to where ISIS is getting encouragement and funding. The air strikes are hitting Syrian infrastructure not ISIS.

--
That doesn't work for me. That it is custom and practice to have mutual enjoyment with boys is quite different from raping boys, or girls or men or women. Pleasure, mutual pleasure, is excellent. Rape and other brutality is disgusting.

The argument about it being right or wrong to be in these places is a different topic. We are there. We see abuse. We should be stopping it,  and in all its forms.

I want to see a person stoned for adultery as much as I want to see anyone raped. For the avoidance of doubt, that is not at all.

I have some doubts about the tabloid nature of the NYT. It seems as reliable as the Daily Mail, but the story exists, true or untrue, and my comment of "appalling" stands

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70243 is a reply to message #70241] Thu, 24 September 2015 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

Quote:
timmy wrote on Thu, 24 September 2015 08:59
larkin wrote on Wed, 23 September 2015 13:30I take exception to this whole "story" by Russell Goldman of ABC News as planting even more seeds of war and destruction.  I say that because, after 13 years of killing and occupation the Brit, Australian and American public justifiably begins to wonder why we are still there.  Stories like this fuel the insane policy to continue on.

--
That doesn't work for me. That it is custom and practice to have mutual enjoyment with boys is quite different from raping boys, or girls or men or women. Pleasure, mutual pleasure, is excellent. Rape and other brutality is disgusting.

The argument about it being right or wrong to be in these places is a different topic. We are there. We see abuse. We should be stopping it,  and in all its forms.

I want to see a person stoned for adultery as much as I want to see anyone raped. For the avoidance of doubt, that is not at all.

I have some doubts about the tabloid nature of the NYT. It seems as reliable as the Daily Mail, but the story exists, true or untrue, and my comment of "appalling" stands

--Timmy, with the upmost respect. 

When was I being an apologist for these cultural aberrations?  At best I was making cultural observations, commenting on the consequences of a brutal and ugly war.

In war after war they have used, true or false, emotional charged issues through the media to drive acceptance of a vastly larger blood-bath.  This is the lens that I view these stories.  

The core of my argument is that this human tragedy is being used to fuel the profit making engine of war with all the human misery that it brings.  The outrage over rape and abuse is being used to manipulate people into compliant acceptance of more war.  

What is the immediate solution, air strikes, drones, boots on the ground?

Ask yourself, is any one of these 7 nations, better off today after a US invasion along with help from an obedient UK?  

Why is Britain, the birthplace of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND), so silent with the US move to install brand new nuclear missiles in Germany, rekindling the Cold War into something even more irrational.  

Where are the protests over this?  Why are people so silent?
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70246 is a reply to message #70243] Thu, 24 September 2015 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm not arguing about whether or not anyone should have gone there with troops. That is a large and different topic. 

Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70247 is a reply to message #70246] Thu, 24 September 2015 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Folks, this is not a new phenomenon, nor a new news story.

A Member reported on it, and we discussed it at length some years ago after the airing and subsequent release to DvD of 2010's The Dancing Boys Of Afghanistan, a segment of the Public Broadcasting Service's (PBS) unit Frontline anthology series, Episode N° 536.

Until Canada's Bill C51 is withdrawn by Parliament, I've unfortunately had to take my server in Calgary dark, so I'm unable to provide you links to my database of LGBTQ film; but, for those interested in viewing the documentary, if you send me a PM requesting it, I will by return message provide you with a link to my Mega "Lock-box" whereby you will be able to safely and securely download the film once I have re-upped it to that account.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sun, 04 October 2015 02:39]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70252 is a reply to message #70247] Fri, 25 September 2015 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Maybe this old and maybe the media is using the story but, the fact remains, the boys are being ABUSED.
There are so many reasons why this could be discussed and why it is inflammatory but, like I said, the boys are being ABUSED.

These mozlems hang Gays, they push them off buildings and then they go and use little boys for sexual gratification
and then you have the people in power that are supposed to be against it but hide behind the orders. More than sad.
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70253 is a reply to message #70252] Fri, 25 September 2015 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Ashley

I wasn't suggesting otherwise; only that we had previously gotten all riled up about this very topic.

Personally, I think it is reprehensible that agents for any responsible jurisdiction of competent authority should not act... very vocally, and with their feet, cutting all financial aid and what all else might be prudent in supporting their action.

In this time and place it is not alright; in any time or place it would not be alright; it has never been alright; but, it has only been recently that we've individually or collectively had the balls to up and say so.  Just as we didn't have until the 1980's to say that abuse of women for whatever the cause was not right; nor, in other recent times for society to say that abuse of another for their age, or religion, colour or creed was not alright.

We're evolving Ashley; and so we bloody well should, and the abuse of youngsters, regardless of their sex, by the Catholic Church, or anyone else is definitely not kosher; nor should it be, or the abuse of anyone, either mentally or physically and otherwise for any reason by anyone.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

P.S.

>yeast-infected camel's anus<

Smokr®,  I loved your comment. Thank you for saying what I have long held to be true.

Corrigendum:

Links to prior threads on this topic:

http://forum.iomfats.org/m/62009/

http://forum.iomfats.org/m/62045/

[Updated on: Fri, 25 September 2015 15:07]

Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70303 is a reply to message #70253] Fri, 09 October 2015 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Abusive sex with young boys does seem to be part of the culture and accepted as 'normal' there, like hiding women's faces in public and not giving girls the same opportunities for education, etc. Although I'm not comfortable with the idea of U.S. soldiers being told to ignore it, I'm not sure that the soldiers who see it could do anything useful that might cause the degree of cultural change required to stop it. Of course something should be done, but I doubt the average G.I. is in a position to do it.

Has anyone seen The Kite Runner?
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419887/>

Anyway, the politicians and military top brass have great ability to ignore or distort inconvenient truths. e.g. They accept Turkey's excuse that it's bombing ISIS when it's really bombing Kurds, but they don't hesitate to condemn Russia when it uses the same 'ISIS' excuse to bomb anti-Assad forces. Why let morals or truth get in the way of the purely pragmatic goal of not wishing to antagonise Turkey?
More: Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies  [message #70367 is a reply to message #70303] Mon, 19 October 2015 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

The following featured article was covered by Pink News October 19th 2007, eight years ago almost to the day, yet in 2015 little or nothing apparently has actively been done about this; so no Ashley and others I haven't forgotten about it, my having stumbled across this item as I did my daily early morning random review of World and Gay-related News.

Dancing boys a mark of prestige in Afghanistan

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Change of policy?  [message #70458 is a reply to message #70232] Wed, 28 October 2015 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Pentagon investigates Afghan sex abuse coverup claims
Re: Change of policy?  [message #70459 is a reply to message #70458] Thu, 29 October 2015 00:27 Go to previous message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

I'll believe it when they restore the Captain, promote him to Major, and can the crap out of everybody else up his chain of command. (Ditto the Sergeant who worked with him.)
Previous Topic: Mainstream Scientific Study Concludes HIV Does Not Cause AIDS - Thoughts?
Next Topic: Is it ok to feel negative about something "different" or is it Prejudice? (merged threads)
Goto Forum: