A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > My First Time As Soni
My First Time As Soni  [message #70705] Fri, 01 January 2016 17:41 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

My First Time As Soni is pretty short. The author ought to have been here long ago, though some of his stories are outside our niche.

This isn't the first in this genre and it will not be the last. I welcome the subtle difference from our more mainstream fare.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 January 2016 17:41]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: My First Time As Soni  [message #70706 is a reply to message #70705] Fri, 01 January 2016 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Yes, a somewhat different tale and none the worse for it. I'll certainly be reading chapter two etc.
Re: My First Time As Soni  [message #70708 is a reply to message #70706] Sat, 02 January 2016 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

I agree, a very welcomed kind of different.
Don't be afraid to throw more story in there Jared. The character seems to have a lot to say.

raysstories.com
Re: My First Time As Soni  [message #70854 is a reply to message #70708] Tue, 19 January 2016 04:53 Go to previous message
JaredDreamer is currently offline  JaredDreamer

Getting started

Thanks all, for the kind encouragement. I don't typically write transgender stories, so "Soni" was a toe in the water, trying something new. Or maybe more accurately, an attempt to redeem myself. I'd done a transgender story before in another venue not suitable for replay here, and was taken to task by several readers in the trans community for making my young lead character too sexually eager. "Soni" seemed to put me back in their good graces with her more gentle heart and self-doubt. In any event, it made me cry at the end, which is the most rewarding kind of writing. Glad you enjoyed it. 
Previous Topic: The Chronicles of Valana Volume 1: Shadowlands
Next Topic: New Here: Need Help Finding Stories In My Wheelhouse.
Goto Forum: