A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Abide with me
Abide with me  [message #71445] Fri, 29 April 2016 19:21 Go to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

No-one in the UK ought to not know of the Hillsborough disaster, but for those overseas who are unaware of the significance of the event are recommended to explore the following link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20782891

If it is blocked to non UK residents, use a UK based proxy.

To read the very short story, click on the spoiler tab

Toggle Spoiler

Timmy this is a posting I've made on another forum and this seems to me to me to be the most appropriate place here, but if you want to move it, feel free.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2016 20:36]

Re: Abide with me  [message #71446 is a reply to message #71445] Fri, 29 April 2016 21:11 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

This is an area that has long been overdue for resolution. Appalling work from the emergency services resulted in many deaths. There was some excellent work that day, too, marred by the poor organisation of the others.

After that day the way the guilty colluded to avoid their guilt being known was and remains shameful.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Are beauty standards racist?
Next Topic: Hi....
Goto Forum: