A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Cold, Wet, and Muddy
Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71312] Tue, 29 March 2016 10:44 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have just preannounced this on the site home page.

Cold, Wet, and Muddy is a picture story challenge, open for submissions soon. I decided to pre-announce it to give folk more time to enter. As I had typoed on the page, Submisisons open on 28 April 2016.

I have now corrected the page!

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2016 10:45]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Submissions are open  [message #71434 is a reply to message #71312] Thu, 28 April 2016 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have one already, and a scent of some more.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71508 is a reply to message #71312] Fri, 06 May 2016 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Early Warning:

may be about to extend the entry period.

It is likely.

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71510 is a reply to message #71508] Fri, 06 May 2016 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

I hope not.

That is not said simply because my entry is already submitted and I want to pull the drawbridge up behind me, but because the original period should be more than adequate for authors to write a 'short' story.
Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71511 is a reply to message #71510] Fri, 06 May 2016 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The problem is that the site takes an annual vacation, and the availability of internet where I am staying is not guaranteed.

The vacation was booked after the challenge was announced

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71524 is a reply to message #71511] Sun, 08 May 2016 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Now closes on 2 June 2016

icon13.gif Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71565 is a reply to message #71312] Sat, 14 May 2016 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil is currently offline  Neil

Getting started

Unfortunately, I don't seem able to access the stories..
On my IPad, I can find the list of stories, but there don't seem to be any links attached. Can you help?

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71567 is a reply to message #71565] Sun, 15 May 2016 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Neil wrote on Sat, 14 May 2016 22:19"
Unfortunately, I don't seem able to access the stories..
On my IPad, I can find the list of stories, but there don't seem to be any links attached. Can you help?

--
This is because the stories in this challenge will only be released on 3 June when the challenge voting period starts. This is to give everyone an equally muddy playing field.

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71571 is a reply to message #71567] Sun, 15 May 2016 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil is currently offline  Neil

Getting started

Thanks for the info. Roll on June 3rd!
Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71694 is a reply to message #71312] Fri, 03 June 2016 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We are up and running. Yes, it is currently 2 hours before noon UTC, but the stories are published and the polls open when the server clock strikes noon.

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71695 is a reply to message #71694] Fri, 03 June 2016 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

So, chaps, what do we think of the challenge as a whole, and this crop of tales?

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71711 is a reply to message #71695] Fri, 10 June 2016 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolyon Lewes

Toe is in the water

Timmy, your story Aufgestellter Mausdreck is quite simply the sweetest, gentlest and most evocative story I have read on this splendid website. It is warm and witty, written with great tenderness, beautifully paced and, like the main protagonists, full of surprising delights. It certainly deserved my votes.

Jolyon
Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy  [message #71712 is a reply to message #71711] Fri, 10 June 2016 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Jolyon Lewes wrote on Fri, 10 June 2016 13:13Timmy, your story Aufgestellter Mausdreck is quite simply the sweetest, gentlest and most evocative story I have read on this splendid website. It is warm and witty, written with great tenderness, beautifully paced and, like the main protagonists, full of surprising delights. It certainly deserved my votes.

--
You are more than kind. Had I been braver it would also have been true. Smith N is real and, while not playing effective rugby, and not getting muddy, was that lad. He knew with precision how he affected others, me included. He had the most amazing legs...

Re: Cold, Wet, and Muddy has closed  [message #71734 is a reply to message #71312] Thu, 30 June 2016 17:02 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

And here are the overall results:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=2847&private=0

That's what makes it fun. Finding out what readers enjoy and all the rest of it

Previous Topic: ... again...
Next Topic: Mooi
Goto Forum: