A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > "May I Help You?"
"May I Help You?"  [message #71794] Fri, 12 August 2016 10:22 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The next challenge is previewed as the current one closes for submissions. "May I Help You?" gives the writer the challenge of avoiding the obvious.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "May I Help You?"  [message #71820 is a reply to message #71794] Thu, 25 August 2016 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There have been several expressions of interest and early notifications of entry. I like that. I've put my own fingers to the keyboard and written one for the challenge, too. I don't seem to come first! We have a current author who writes very well who is more popular in style, which is no bad ting, but it is all for fun, and a test of whether one actually can do it!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "May I Help You?"  [message #71855 is a reply to message #71794] Mon, 05 September 2016 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We are open for submissions!

This picture is a lot of fun, but is a true challenge. How do you write a story about what you see yet avoid the cliché?

icon14.gif The voting period is open  [message #71990 is a reply to message #71794] Tue, 18 October 2016 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yes, the runners and riders are through the starting gate, and they're off!

Please don't forget the overall rating as well as the survey on the individual tales

Re: The voting period is open  [message #71993 is a reply to message #71990] Wed, 19 October 2016 16:34 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

There is now a randomised rotation of the list of entrants. That has to be a good thing.

Every time the challenge page is refreshed the order of the entrants changes.

Previous Topic: The Punch and Judy Show by Jolyon Lewes
Next Topic: The Boy at the Park by Elias Scott
Goto Forum: