A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Knots, by Elias Scott
Knots, by Elias Scott  [message #71998] Thu, 20 October 2016 08:39
timmy

Has no life at all

Just over a year ago, Elias and I chose to start to publish Knots here. I met it on Nifty and was interested in its portrayal of protagonists that I failed to like easily, in a plot that shows them make many miss-steps, and by no means all with 'lived happily ever after' endings. Elias does not write a fairy tale. 

What he does write is a true love story, warts 'n all.

There are, currently, five books, all of which can be found from his index page and a sixth is in gestation.

The writing is easy to read, draws you in, and takes you past what I found to be my increasing dislike of the main protagonists because I knew them well enough to want to know what happens next. And there are very likeable characters along the way. There is a movie here, though it could not be made with the age group that is required because of morality and prurience. Perhaps it could be made in Denmark, but certainly not in the USA

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: The Boy at the Park by Elias Scott
Next Topic: P.E.S.I. by Jobe
Goto Forum: