A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Site outage
icon8.gif Site outage  [message #72176] Sat, 19 November 2016 23:09 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We came under some sort of attack today. As you will be aware, we were pretty much dead in the water on the forum, thjough most of the main site functioned.

My email is still suffering. Please do not expect replies for a while

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Site outage  [message #72177 is a reply to message #72176] Sun, 20 November 2016 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Take care timmy. I hope you're doing well.
And thanks for making iomfats.
Take care.

~J
Re: Site outage  [message #72179 is a reply to message #72176] Sun, 20 November 2016 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

I have been here on this site a little while and wanted to post a big thank you to tim and anyone else who contributes to running it.

The approach is relaxed and sane, which makes the site standout as a place for gay writers and people wanting to read and comment by email or on the forum. When I compare here to some other sites, well quite frankly, this site is a breath of fresh air, and a big plus for the gay community.

I know it must be a lot of hard work to keep things running smoothly, but it's appreciated.
Re: Site outage  [message #72180 is a reply to message #72179] Sun, 20 November 2016 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

"William King wrote on Sun, 20 November 2016 07:22"
I have been here on this site a little while and wanted to post a big thank you to tim and anyone else who contributes to running it.

The approach is relaxed and sane, which makes the site standout as a place for gay writers and people wanting to read and comment by email or on the forum. When I compare here to some other sites, well quite frankly, this site is a breath of fresh air, and a big plus for the gay community.

I know it must be a lot of hard work to keep things running smoothly, but it's appreciated.

--

I'll happily second that.
Re: Site outage  [message #72182 is a reply to message #72180] Sun, 20 November 2016 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Quote:"
ivor slipper wrote on Sun, 20 November 2016 09:10
"William King wrote on Sun, 20 November 2016 07:22"

--

I'll happily second that.

--
Thank you. You have both hit upon the climate I strive for. I want, always, a light and non intrusive hand on the tiller. I believe in the innate goodness and good sense of folk to behave well, and I rely on it until it goes awry. At that point it becomes a benevolent dictatorship.

With regard to stories and authors, as long as the tales are well crafted and within our niche with some exceptions, and I like them, then they make the cut. We do not 'critique' tales here. There are literary sites for that, where work may be submitted to be taken to pieces in a 'caring and sharing manner'. What we do here is to appreciate stories.

There are also no unusual or arduous conditions imposed upon authors here. No first claim omn their body of work, no requirement for some weird concept of loyalty, just a fond hope that authors will continue to offer us stories.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2016 16:58]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Site outage  [message #72186 is a reply to message #72176] Wed, 23 November 2016 13:16 Go to previous message
Ashdaw is currently offline  Ashdaw

Toe is in the water

I am sorry to hear about this Tim. Was the problem fixed?
Previous Topic: Terms
Next Topic: Dammit, I still know today is a 'special' date
Goto Forum: