A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Some interesting new tales
Some interesting new tales  [message #72190] Thu, 24 November 2016 10:00 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have three historical tales, one a smidgen out of our niche, a thing I accept from time to time when the story values are right. This one is right. We have one theatrical tale, too.

In my mind each of these deserves its own thread.

There are more tales, too, that are worthy of note. The thing is, each story that makes the site is one I know has virtues. I wish more folk, in addition to the regulars who notice good tales, woudl tell us what they think about the stories and topics raised.

Notice that there is not always sex.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Some interesting new tales  [message #72191 is a reply to message #72190] Thu, 24 November 2016 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

I've been snared by 'Drummer Boy' - a very entertaining blend of historical fact with likeable fictional characters.
Re: Some interesting new tales  [message #72193 is a reply to message #72191] Thu, 24 November 2016 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
ivor slipper wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 12:46I've been snared by 'Drummer Boy' - a very entertaining blend of historical fact with likeable fictional characters.

--
That is a terrible pun!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Some interesting new tales  [message #72194 is a reply to message #72193] Thu, 24 November 2016 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 17:44
"Quote:"
ivor slipper wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 12:46I've been snared by 'Drummer Boy' - a very entertaining blend of historical fact with likeable fictional characters.

--
That is a terrible pun!

--

Sorry Timmy, but it was meant to be cymbolic Razz
Re: Some interesting new tales  [message #73850 is a reply to message #72190] Mon, 08 January 2018 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The Taz and Kodak tales have developed into a trilogy. WHat do you think of them?

Re: Some interesting new tales  [message #73851 is a reply to message #73850] Mon, 08 January 2018 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Taz and Kodak tales are from Rick Beck.  Of course they are good.
Re: Some interesting new tales  [message #73852 is a reply to message #73851] Mon, 08 January 2018 20:13 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Mon, 08 January 2018 18:09"
Taz and Kodak tales are from Rick Beck.  Of course they are good.

--
There is a danger that we take excellence for granted Smile

Previous Topic: Reading beneath the surface
Next Topic: Starting Over
Goto Forum: