A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > LGBTQI+ News
LGBTQI+ News  [message #72297] Thu, 15 December 2016 14:03 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have just edited the home page to give this more prominence. The news page gets updated around noon UTC daily.

A lot of the news is currently very Trump centric. I appreciate that some folk felt they had to vote for him because they support the party he pretends to represent, and that's ok. Hillary was no great shakes as a candidate either. But the world and especially LGBTQI+ folk, are scared as hell of the arrogant dictator, and the news there reflects that. I try to prune the overt politics, especially that not relevant to 'us', but it can be hard.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: LGBTQI+ News  [message #72298 is a reply to message #72297] Thu, 15 December 2016 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

I often click that link to read what's going on in the pink (or should that be rainbow - I like both) world. Just so you know it's not a waste of time and is actually really useful.
Re: LGBTQI+ News  [message #72299 is a reply to message #72298] Thu, 15 December 2016 21:21 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

THank you, William. I confess I do wonder, sometimes, if it is worth it. It is auto-complied, but I spend time editing the compilation.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Welcome Nigel Gordon
Next Topic: PRIDE: You Can't Heal If You're Hiding from Yourself ~ Ronald Holt
Goto Forum: