A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn
Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn  [message #72397] Wed, 04 January 2017 20:34 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Last night I re-read Towards The Decent Inn. I've not ventured back there for many years. I'm glad I started to read the series again.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn  [message #72414 is a reply to message #72397] Mon, 09 January 2017 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am now several stories in, and enjoying them immensely.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn  [message #72426 is a reply to message #72414] Wed, 11 January 2017 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

As I re-read I am also attending to a few minor formatting issues, but I keep being distracted by the quality of the plot and the writing. Henry is now in Finkle Road, and I am not even half way through.

Re: Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn  [message #72447 is a reply to message #72426] Wed, 18 January 2017 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have now completed the entire series. As a side issue I think I nuked a load of strange errors, but I know for sure I never got them all. If folk let me know by email what and where they are I'll get the rest.

That was both a marathon and hugely enjoyable. For me it beats Game of Thrones hollow. While I have obviously read it before, I have read it anew. Michael Arram, you have deprived me of sleep, and I am grateful for it.

I also love the fact that the tale of yours that I am publishing now led me back to these pastures. The new story is an amazing read, and the old series is astounding

Re: Revisiting old tales - Towards The Decent Inn  [message #72454 is a reply to message #72447] Fri, 20 January 2017 22:51 Go to previous message
George is currently offline  George

Getting started

Almost the same thing happened with me. On the strength of the writing in Terre Nouvelle I have started on Aram's old stories which I never read. First up was Towards the Decent Inn

George Gauthier
Previous Topic: Rompecabezas
Next Topic: Billie Joe Walker Jr
Goto Forum: