A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The 31 Genders of NY
The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72621] Sat, 25 February 2017 09:30 Go to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Have we finally gone too far with this hippie bullshit politically correct fluid gender crap?
Can we finally all agree that we've hit the bottom of the barrel and plowed right through into the ground?

New York City has released a list of genders worked out with NYCPride that are now legally protected groups.
31 genders.
Really?
Really!
Have a look. Pick any site. I'm sure you can read it for yourself.
Am I out here by myself in finding this just way over the top?
Does each of the 31 genders get their own symbol to put on the bathroom and locker room doors so we all know where they have to go?
Some of them are obvious duplicates. I mean, come on. Who are these people kidding? The Tran-Sexuals are really that different than the Trans-Sexuals that they have to divide off into their own gender? WTF is going on in this world? I'm surprised that MALE and FEMALE were even included. Will the Tran-Sexual symbol differ enough from the Trans-Sexual gender so that I will be able to tell which bathroom each is supposed to use? Seriously? WTHMFF? (What the holy mother fucking fuck?)
Are these people really being discriminated against? Do they really all need individual protection? If so, why aren't the press reminding us of those cases every day, over and over and over and over, the way they do with so much other obvious bullshit? I don't know of a single case of someone actually not being hired because they have some gender issue or another. Except the guy below and the ones like him, for obvious reasons they can't possibly be employed except in very extreme, unusual kinds of jobs.
And who uses what bathrooms, changing rooms, showers, locker rooms, and such segregated facilities? Seriously, do each of the 31 genders get their own symbol to put on the bathroom and locker room doors?

I think the "Inclusive Bathroom" should be mandated law instead. Anyone not 'identifying' as Male or Female should use the "Inclusive Bathroom" and every place where someone feels they should have one should install one, and that employee should never be allowed to use either of the other bathrooms, ever. The only exemption is if the construction of a third bathroom would cost more than about a quarter of a year of post-taxes profits before itemized deductions. If it costs more than that, then there aren't more than a couple employees, and that small a business shouldn't shoulder the needs of a single person over such a thing. The bathrooms in that small a business would probably be a single multi-purpose one anyway. A customer can go elsewhere and take their money with them, an employee shouldn't push his sole needs on such a small employer and can use the probably one bathroom or one of the Male or Female ones which in such a small business would most likely be single user sized anyway, so it wouldn't matter much. But the big places like chain stores and restaurants can easily afford it out of a single month's profits after taxes and deductions.

And this guy ... I don't want to even discus this freak. Please don't tell me anyone here thinks this guy should have some kind of special privileges or special considerations or special rights. Maybe free mental care and housing in a proper facility. Or to just be left alone and leave me and mine alone. But no, I have to see him on my television and read about him in my news and applaud and support him. That's his family's job. And he's not transgender, he still has his original equipment. Words mean nothing to these people. He's a crossdresser and a mental retard. Oops, I used a politically incorrect term. He is mentally challenged.
If I ever find him (or someone like him) using a bathroom or other such facility currently being used by one of my nieces or grandnieces he'll be in for a long stay in an American hospital bed. He's interested enough in women to knock one up and have seven kids, so he has no place in womens' bathrooms or such places if he comes to the US. Give him an empty coffee cup and a sheet of paper and he can go out behind the dumpster if he's so special he can't use the mens' room.
He sure can't have a job as a six year old girl. That's against the law in most countries. He must be going to suck off his adopted parents. I hope he eats them out of house and home for enabling this insanity.
He needs psychiatric help, not coddling and special rights. He needs to grow the hell up or get on some meds. Or just keep his play acting behind his own doors, like normal people do. Or he could just leave me the hell alone so that I can leave him the hell alone, but no, I have to hear about him at least once a month from some liberal freaksho lunatic who says he so inspiring and such a free spirit and we have to protect him and people like him from harm. No, we need to protect him and people like him by leaving him the hell alone.
And what kind of couple would want a 65 year old penis-positive 6 year old daughter? Are they long-time friends oir relatives? Why wasn't that asked? Who are they? And why are they doing this? Why wasn't that asked? Do Canadians have a tax deduction for dependents, and does that couple claim her as their adopted six year old daughter? Why wasn't that asked? Or was I too flabbergasted or laughing too hard during those questions?
And why do I have to keep being reminded of this guy over and over? I think some of my elected officials are retarded. "Oh, Canada is so free. This man is an example of how our own people should be so free!"
Piss off!
END SCREED
I have a lot of pent up typing lately.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 February 2017 10:00]

raysstories.com
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72622 is a reply to message #72621] Sat, 25 February 2017 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The answer is to create inclusive facilities, as you say, with due regard for privacy of all. I dislike being peered at when at the urinal waiting for an unwilling stream of pee to start.

I suspect the issue that prevents "inclusivity with privacy" is the desires in the minds of those who resist. They know they want to look, or to touch. The Bible is a problem in religion oriented areas. In Wales there was a problem with fathers and sons being naked after working in the coal mines in the same pithead baths, once. The bible prohibits parents and children from seeing each other naked.

Forget the nut job from the Daily Mail. In the UK we do our best to disregard the trash in that alleged newspaper. He's just a nut job.

My view is that sex (gender is a grammatical construct, nothing to do with the sex of an individual) of a person is their business. I happen to be the same sex inside as my genitals suggest. I have a cousin whose genitals are at variance with her sex. She would look odd standing at a urinal with her skirt raised, so, wisely, she uses the ladies toilet. No-one cares because most people are not pruriently interested in other people's genitalia.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 February 2017 10:33]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72625 is a reply to message #72621] Sat, 25 February 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Diatribes based on Daily Mail articles are pretty much of a "houses builded upon sand" !

But I don't really think this rant is going to be productive for any of the younger people who occasionally visit, and I don't think that it's going to make anyone feel that this really is "A Place of Safety". I hope that when Smokr sobers up he might see fit to edit it down to make his points (whatever they actually are) in a far less confrontational fashion.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72627 is a reply to message #72625] Sat, 25 February 2017 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Rants are not helpful, certainly. It is important to put the rants into perspective. I think it is unhelpful to question the sobriety of a poster. That tends to be an ad hominem attack, and is to be avoided even if one feels it to be justified. Rather, look at the post and extract from it that which is useful. Let us take the useful elements forward, while considering why the hostility is present.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 February 2017 11:00]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72628 is a reply to message #72622] Sat, 25 February 2017 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Quote:
timmy wrote on Sat, 25 February 2017 10:33
Forget the nut job from the Daily Mail. In the UK we do our best to disregard the trash in that alleged newspaper. He's just a nut job.

--

The Daily Mail. Recently banned by even Wikipedia as a source, due to its "sensationalism and downright fabrication".

'nuff said

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72629 is a reply to message #72628] Sat, 25 February 2017 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The problem with the Daily Mail is that many folk, especially its loyal readership, fail to understand that it is not reliable, that it is a sensationalist, trash talking paper.

Wikipedia has long argued individually that it is not what they term to be a Reliable Source. I have a long history of editing there since 2007 and I have watched and participated in the discussions. The Daily Mail qualifies as a reliable source in the same way that KellyAnne Conway speaks the truth. Mostly lies, sometimes truthful.

However, those outside the UK shores see it simply as a newspaper with a long pedigree, and have no tools to analyse its content, so take it on trust

Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72631 is a reply to message #72621] Sat, 25 February 2017 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew is currently offline  Matthew

Toe is in the water

I think you make some good points and i don't really disagree, but to be honest, when someone swears and uses all cap words in posts, i kind of take what they're saying less seriously, i just feel like if someone has a legitimate opinion to share, than they can do that without resorting to swearing and shouting, which can change a good opinion that is quite insightful into something that just comes across as hostile and aggressive

So for me, less hostility and more just letting your views and opinion do the talking and don't distract us from what you're trying to say, by being so angry and hostile

Out of curiosity though, what is the difference between Trans-sexual and Tran-sexual, apart from having one less S in the name, i am genuinely confused and i haven't read any articles, so i am clueless and the fact there are apparently 31 different genders is quite bewildering 

[Updated on: Sat, 25 February 2017 13:50]

Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72634 is a reply to message #72622] Sat, 25 February 2017 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Sat, 25 February 2017 10:33The answer is to create inclusive facilities, as you say, with due regard for privacy of all. I dislike being peered at when at the urinal waiting for an unwilling stream of pee to start.

I suspect the issue that prevents "inclusivity with privacy" is the desires in the minds of those who resist. They know they want to look, or to touch. The Bible is a problem in religion oriented areas. In Wales there was a problem with fathers and sons being naked after working in the coal mines in the same pithead baths, once. The bible prohibits parents and children from seeing each other naked.

My view is that sex (gender is a grammatical construct, nothing to do with the sex of an individual) of a person is their business. I happen to be the same sex inside as my genitals suggest. I have a cousin whose genitals are at variance with her sex. She would look odd standing at a urinal with her skirt raised, so, wisely, she uses the ladies toilet. No-one cares because most people are not pruriently interested in other people's genitalia.

--

Timmy, in my younger years I studied the bible A LOT, and the passages of the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible which say something like "kids shall not see the nakedness of their parents" in Leviticus chapters 17-19 actually are euphemisms for "having sex with" (whoever or whatever mentioned person or group).  So in Leviticus, if you see the phrase, "thou shalt shall not see the nakedness of" that means don't have sex with that person or group.  

This is a problem for those who take the Bible too literally as it reads in English (or whatever language), where euphemisms translated literally do not have the same meaning as implied in the original language. Another example of a literal translation not being clear in modern English is the phrase "cover his feet."  That is a euphemism for peeing or crapping or "using the bathroom"  Sometimes in the biblical Old Testament the phrase "dog" is used to mean a male prostitute or male who "services" other males.  Sometimes it is obvious by context, but not always.  

A careful reading of the Bible shows nudity is not forbidden, and parents and children being nude in the same shower is not a problem.  The problem comes when passages not meant to be taken literally are taken literally, in life or in the Bible or some other work.

I am by no means a Bible scholar.  But I have studied enough about the "Christian Bible" to know that much confusion comes from not knowing the cultural norms at the times when the passages were written down.  Instead, people look at a literal translation of the old words into today's word equivalent word and get something waaaay different than that which was originally intended.
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72637 is a reply to message #72634] Sat, 25 February 2017 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I knew about "knowing" but was unaware of "seeing" as euphemisms for sex. Thank you. Those oddly translated passages without contemporaneous context have caused a load of trouble

Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72638 is a reply to message #72628] Sun, 26 February 2017 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"NW wrote on Sat, 25 February 2017 06:12"

"Quote:"
timmy wrote on Sat, 25 February 2017 10:33

--

The Daily Mail. Recently banned by even Wikipedia as a source, due to its "sensationalism and downright fabrication".

'nuff said

--
Exactly my point! Why in the hell do ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and API and UP keep dredging this story up and throwing it out at us? And why in the hell would a US congresswoman stand on the floor of congress and extole this guy and his story as an example for Americans to follow? That's my whole point. The youth see the media coverage and think, "Wow, everyone thinks this guy is cool! How can I be that cool and that famous and get mentioned by a congresswoman on the floor of congress too?"
It's not even news, yet I have to be reminded of him and his story at least once a month, and even by a libtard congresswoman in an official capacity. WTF is going on with my country? It's being burned to the ground by liberal students who think they have a right of free speech that includes preventing different free speech with violence while wearing balalaikas and wielding truncheons. They bashed and burned their own auditorium rather than let a conservative talk there who was invited by the students and the faculty. They did this while claiming the speaker was a fascist. WTF?

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2017 03:44]

raysstories.com
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72639 is a reply to message #72638] Sun, 26 February 2017 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Oh, we can also get into these claims that KellyAnn Conway is a liar and broke ethics rules. I can blow them all out of the water. Bring them on. Those are more examples of "Say anything and do anything to make Trump and his people look bad."
Like the charge of ethics violations. A bunch of libtard lawyers say she violated rules about not doing commercials for a product owned by another politician in office. She didn't do a commercial. She replied when asked about Nordstrom's dropping Ivanka Trump's cosmetics line. There was no reason to drop the line other than partisan bickering and petty vindictiveness. They sold them for years and years, until her husband beat out Hillary for president, and then suddenly Nordstrom's dropped the entire line.
KellyAnne was asked about that, and her reply was.
"It is just a wonderful line. I own some of it," Conway said. "I'm going to give a free commercial here. Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online."
She was fighting back because the product line was dropped for no reason other than her husband beat Hillary, whom the CEOs of Nordstrom's contributed to heavily. End of matter.
They jumped on that and proclaimed it breaks the ethics guidelines. Which it does not. She was not a paid endorser. She did not recieve money or services for pitching the products. She answered a question about the banning of the product line by the 'journalist' and then they claim she is a paid endorser and guilty of ethics violation. Give me a fucking break. She was trapped into that and if you look, you can clearly see it. The charges were ready and printed and sent in within a day of her statement. It was a trap. No one has ethics violation charges completed with date and time of the violation ready within a day, let alone then submited the very next morning. Trap, and Conway fell into it.

Here's one of her "lies"...
"If you are part of team Trump, you walk around with these gaping, seeping wounds every single day." -- Kellyanne Conway, 1/29/17
She is using something called a euphemism. I guess the libtard press is not familiar with that term. She was talking about how the press is making such bizarre and outrageous claims about anyone even slightly associated with Trump. When you are called a racist, bigot, homophobe, misogynist, sexist, and fascist, among nearly every other possible slur, every day, day after day, you being to feel like you're wounded physically. We're all gay, we know that feeling. But the press takes the line, removes the words before it and after it, and tries to make everyone believe she's talking about real physical wounds. And just to make sure you think that's what she means, they use a picture from The Walking Dead to lead the article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yes-kellyanne-conway-act ually-said-this_us_588fd71ce4b04c35d5835180
It's disgusting.

Now, anyone who likes is free to bring me any claim of KellyAnne Conway deliberately lying. Do it. I want to know if she does deliberately lie, like the democrats did for the last eight years and weren't challenged a single time by the sycophant drooling media.
Find them, bring them here, and let's see if she really lies, or if it's the media spoon feeding you lies.

raysstories.com
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72640 is a reply to message #72638] Sun, 26 February 2017 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Just curious where all of these "sources" are hounding us with the story. I did a search on ABC, CBS, CNN ,NBC, and even FOX and came up with nothing about any Stefonknee Wolscht.

That some obscure tabloid would come up with something that makes the National Enquirer look legit isn't grounds to check if the sky is falling. I used to read comic books as a kid, but there ain't no flyin' Superman just yet.

The author doth protest too much... methinks.
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72643 is a reply to message #72640] Sun, 26 February 2017 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

I can understand where Smokr is coming from.  I realize that people want to feel special and unique, which isn't always easy, but sometimes it seems like we're so determined to do so that we start getting really weird when doing so.  I remember seeing a comic a while back where a school teacher is in front of her class.  On the left side of the chalkboard was the alphabet, and on the right side was a variety of letters (starting with LGBTQ) and symbols (asterisk, etc.), and there was just as many in that group as there was in the standard alphabet.  The teacher was saying that the group on the left was the alphabet, and on the right side was "all the orientations you can choose from...so far."

Now, again, I know everyone wants to be special and unique, and I'll let everyone in on a little something - each of us already is.  Coming up with a new phrase to try to distinguish yourself is unnecessary.
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72645 is a reply to message #72643] Sun, 26 February 2017 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

The author watched the news at work the other night, as it was on the television in the break room. We all watched the anchor introduce the story, and we all looked at each other in disbelief as she called this guy a hero.
Before that I heard the story on the radio on the way to the grocery store about ten pm at night.
I watched CSPAN and was told by Maxine Waters that he was a hero that Americans should look up to and emulate. Oh, GOd. I thought about Maxine Waters. I need to wash my brain out with soap. What a foul thing that woman is.
I'm sick of hearing about him. If the media would leave it alone I would. The next time I see it in print I'll come post it. If I haven't burned out by then and just given up on the whole affair and life in general.

raysstories.com
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72647 is a reply to message #72637] Sun, 26 February 2017 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackboy is currently offline  Jackboy

Toe is in the water

In the first place, I would never touch such a rabidly Right Wing rag as the Mail.

I just don't know what to make of that individual.
The laid back version of me (which forms about 90+ %) thinks it is his/her own business;
and nothing to do with others; and the story should be kept within their own circle.

But the fact is, that various Media interests and a certain political type in the USA
suggests this is someone (or thing) to look up to and accept as normal. I don't think so,
and I don't have to. No offence but I would not spend a second ranting about it; whether in support
or opposition.
(I wonder if someone could confirm rumours that it was done to evade the IRS authorities, on grounds of age exemption)?

Now some people here have begun to know me as an active ASB (Adult Schoolboi).
Virtually all of my clothes are for ages 11-12-13, but my boyish physique determine that.
Age appropriate clothes simply look ridiculous on me.
I also love wearing shorts and other boyish clothing including uniforms, as I participate in Role-play
and re-enactments of authentic school scenarios. This includes authentic C/P in its realistic
proportions. I don't attend 'whacking Only Parties'. Again, my physique determines my Role Age.

But all of this said, I would not dream of putting my story out for Mass Media consumption.
Nor do I think it would be of any interest to readers and viewers;
SO why does the Regressive in the story think it would be of interest to anyone else?
(Unless a lot of money changed hands.
Personally- I don't care if anyone else on Earth needs to be made Aware that I am an ASB - or that someone in Toronto
wants to live as a six y/o girl. But three things I DO know..

1. That most of me can pass for the Role and age that I re-enact; and this is not just my own view.
2. There isn't a hope in hell, that the subject in the story could ever pass for a girl that age.
3. ALL of my activities involve Consenting Adults.

Jack.

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard#
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72648 is a reply to message #72647] Sun, 26 February 2017 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Slavery is coming back under Trump.

MSNBC, NBC's so-called Main Stream News Broadcasting Station... a station that claims on it's homepage...
Breaking news and in-depth analysis of the headlines, as well as commentary and informed perspectives
Saturday on MSNBC's AM Joy program while talking about President Donald Trump's presidency, Michelle Bernard, the president and CEO of the Bernard Center for Women, said,"When you say 400 years, you know what that harkens back to is slavery coming back right around the corner," Bernard said. "[T]he point is you can't help but think it, and that's what's really sad."

No, what's really sad is you, on a nationally broadcast "news and informed perspectives" program, claiming that you can't help but feel that slavery is coming back, right around the corner, under Trump's presidency. Remember, that was the topic of the program, as usual, ever since his election, every Saturday on AM Joy, it is Trump's presidency and how bad he is, and how bad his cabinet is, and now, how slavery is coming back, is right around the corner. That is what is really sad.
This is MSNBC. NBC's news channel. Their big Saturday morning news show, AM Joy. Shown on broadcast, cable, and satellite, as well as online. Major news network's news channel. One of the big three. You don't get any more 'mainstream' than NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN. Fox is growing, and now, under all this media bias, is growing faster.
Be warned, slavery is now coming back, is right around the corner, under Trump's presidency.
Just warning you. That's all. It must be true, the woman in charge of the Bernard Women's Center says so. And Bernard's Center is no piddly little group no one has ever heard of. If you pay attention to that stuff at all you know Bernard's is a temple of women's rights. It was, anyway. Now it's the whistleblower on the fact that Trump is bringing slavery back, right around the corner. And it's sad.

And, really, the whole point about 6 year old girl man is that I even know about it. He lives in Canada. Why is his story in my media? And more than once? And why am I supposed to consider him freer and a role model? Why is he even known outside his town? Why do the press insist I know about him? Why is he being pushed as a role model? Why should I care? Why did they waste that time on him when they should have told us something useful and news worthy? WHY?
And he is only one example. The mass media is simply disgusting, and so many don't see it, and follow it, and believe it, and then act ridiculously, and it is leading to fires on college campuses and riots in the streets. And in the schools!
They are burning my country because a non-politician is president, a guy who has no obvious dirty laundry they can use, so they're conducting war on him because he is a sexist, a homophobe, a racist, a fascist, and a misogynist. Or so they keep pounding into the collective consciousness.

Trump wasn't my pick, I didn't even vote for him. I couldn't vote for either one of them. I'd die before I voted for Hillary. But he's not any of these things they want to make us believe he is, and they know it, but they are clearly making a huge portion of the population believe this shit. And that huge portion of idiots is burning the colleges and rioting in the streets based on those lies!
This is highly and entirely disturbing!
This is America, not some third-world shit hole ruled by war lords and drug kingpins, with blood in the streets and riots in the schools. But it's becoming one. Rapidly. On media lies.
And we have teachers in the schools telling kids that Trump isn't the real president, that he's illegitimate, that he should be impeached, that they should use violence against him. We do! Google that shit and then deny it. Grade schools, middle schools, high schools, colleges and universities. If one person had done this to Obama the media shit storm would have been epic. But it's Trump, so it's not in the big media much at all if at all and gets buried - it's fine.
And now we've got the mainstream media making claims that Trump is insane. Yes, actually insane.
There is no emote for that kind of eye-rolling gasp.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2017 06:57]

raysstories.com
Re: The 31 Genders of NY  [message #72649 is a reply to message #72647] Sun, 26 February 2017 06:49 Go to previous message
Jackboy is currently offline  Jackboy

Toe is in the water

NOTICE-

PLEASE IGNORE THE LINK ON MY PREVIOUS POST.
I should have included the following one..

https://68.media.tumblr.com/3f4ef4f61f387e47ee72c89b30bdb15a /tumblr_okmngjYrxb1udfddro1_540.jpg

Jack.
Previous Topic: Should we continue with writing challenges?
Next Topic: Deprecated words, insults and attacks
Goto Forum: