A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Halloween 2017
Halloween 2017  [message #73580] Tue, 31 October 2017 08:28 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have quite a crop this year. We group special occasion stories together, and have subsections! Go us!

Here is all Halloween. 2017 has nine tales! Wow!  Bet you can't read all by the end of Fright Night!

In a couple of days time a serial starts which, arguably, could have been part of it, too!

[Updated on: Tue, 31 October 2017 08:28]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
The pros and cons of taking quality for granted  [message #73589 is a reply to message #73580] Fri, 03 November 2017 18:53 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

An author of one of the Halloween tales asked me if anyone was reading, "because there had been scant email feedback." All of our authors deserve feedback. There's awasy something good we can say about a tale, and, should there be a criticism, we can always deliver it in a way that helps the author add future value.

I can tell you that folk are reading.

I think the issue is that here, on this site, we take quality for granted. And so it takes an absolutely exceptional tale to garner feedback.

Let's break with that taking for granted concept.  I alwasy give the writers here feedback. I do it when they send material to me. Sometimes it's as simple as 'yes please!' other times I am effusive! Ok, chapter 57 gets a 'thank you!' for I, too, am expecting quality by then!!!

I also give good authors elsewhere feedback. Sometimes I invite them here, too.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 November 2017 18:54]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Oliver of the Adirondacks
Next Topic: REQUIEM FOR THE BEE.
Goto Forum: