A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Feeling sad and nostalgic
Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74230] Sun, 01 April 2018 03:56 Go to next message
Paulo is currently offline  Paulo

Getting started

I am feeling really nostalgic these days. I am seeing myself as a middle-age man, even though I am just a teen boy. Is this part of growing up? Really, I am listening to "coming-of-age" musics and watching the same type of movies, which make me even more sad.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74234 is a reply to message #74230] Sun, 01 April 2018 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think it may be unusual, but I also have no idea what is usual.

Perhaps you might put some flesh on how you are feeling for us? Are you projecting being middle aged, for example, or are you considering that you feel middle aged now?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74236 is a reply to message #74230] Mon, 02 April 2018 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisr is currently offline  chrisr

Getting started

Welcome to our lives! When I was in grammar school I sometimes missed kindergarten. Middle school brought fond memories of grammar school. High school of middle school. And college... well, that's all sort of vague, come to think of it! After that the ride gets so fast that you can barely hang on for dear life, let alone wax nostalgic except every once in a while when one or two of these great writers remind us how magnificent the trip has been and really is. So buckle that seat belt and hang on for one helluva ride.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74243 is a reply to message #74230] Tue, 03 April 2018 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe.mx is currently offline  Joe.mx

Toe is in the water

Hi Miguel 😀 i was a 15 years old teen when the "reality" of my sexuality "hits me" , in that time i wanted to grow up quickly , i wanted to be free , i wanted to be more wise , now in my 34 i wish that i could go back to my teens years , even better, to my childhood , no sense right?

It will get better Miguel , hang in there and stay here with us , we are here...

Tell us how you are feeling and we can give you advice , we walked that road that you are walking ✌

Be strong , so that nobody can defeat you ,
Be noble , so that nobody can humiliate you,
Be yourself , so that nobody can forgets you.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74244 is a reply to message #74230] Tue, 03 April 2018 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe.mx is currently offline  Joe.mx

Toe is in the water

Hi Miguel 😀 i was a 15 years old teen when the "reality" of my sexuality "hits me" , in that time i wanted to grow up quickly , i wanted to be free , i wanted to be more wise , now in my 34 i wish that i could go back to my teens years , even better, to my childhood , no sense right?

It will get better Miguel , hang in there and stay here with us , we are here...

Tell us how you are feeling and we can give you advice , we walked that road that you are walking ✌

Be strong , so that nobody can defeat you ,
Be noble , so that nobody can humiliate you,
Be yourself , so that nobody can forgets you.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74253 is a reply to message #74230] Thu, 05 April 2018 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

From my mid-teens to my mid-twenties, I always felt about ten years older than I actually was, so I might understand a bit about this. In my case, the compensation was that I felt as though I didn't really age at all during my "middle years", and felt roughly the same from age 35 until I suffered a back injury at 49.

As for watching "coming of age movies", well, I still do. I think they represent possibilities; ways that I could have handled things, different paths that I could have taken. I don't think there's anything wrong with that ... in some ways, they offer clues to possible ways forward and I hope Miguel that something in one of them touches you and helps you find whatever direction you need.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74410 is a reply to message #74234] Thu, 31 May 2018 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

"timmy wrote on Sun, 01 April 2018 11:12"
I think it may be unusual, but I also have no idea what is usual.

Perhaps you might put some flesh on how you are feeling for us? Are you projecting being middle aged, for example, or are you considering that you feel middle aged now?

-- I feel like my life is getting worse day to day. So, I can just think that, when I get older, I will be un unhappy person. But I'm also feeling older now, like, I was not expecting that growing up would be so bad. The nostalgia feeling about my childhood (or even about when I was 11, 12) is making my life get empty each day.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74411 is a reply to message #74236] Thu, 31 May 2018 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

"chrisr wrote on Sun, 01 April 2018 22:23"
Welcome to our lives! When I was in grammar school I sometimes missed kindergarten. Middle school brought fond memories of grammar school. High school of middle school. And college... well, that's all sort of vague, come to think of it! After that the ride gets so fast that you can barely hang on for dear life, let alone wax nostalgic except every once in a while when one or two of these great writers remind us how magnificent the trip has been and really is. So buckle that seat belt and hang on for one helluva ride.

-- That's very sad for me to think. But well, I have to move on, as you have said.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74412 is a reply to message #74243] Thu, 31 May 2018 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

"Joe.mx wrote on Tue, 03 April 2018 05:31"

-- When I was a little child, I thought I would be a free boy in the future. Now, I am less free and I will not be a boy soon. I miss being a boy, I think the " not being a boy" is the best way to express what I am feeling.
Re: Feeling sad and nostalgic   [message #74413 is a reply to message #74253] Thu, 31 May 2018 05:21 Go to previous message

Getting started

"NW wrote on Thu, 05 April 2018 12:21"
From my mid-teens to my mid-twenties, I always felt about ten years older than I actually was, so I might understand a bit about this. In my case, the compensation was that I felt as though I didn't really age at all during my "middle years", and felt roughly the same from age 35 until I suffered a back injury at 49.

As for watching "coming of age movies", well, I still do. I think they represent possibilities; ways that I could have handled things, different paths that I could have taken. I don't think there's anything wrong with that ... in some ways, they offer clues to possible ways forward and I hope Miguel that something in one of them touches you and helps you find whatever direction you need.

-- Thanks for the words. I'm trying to "forget" this melancholic aspect of my life, now.
Previous Topic: On A Darker Note
Next Topic: Call Me By Your Name
Goto Forum: