A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Fine Young Animals - Straw Poll
Fine Young Animals - Straw Poll  [message #74302] Sat, 21 April 2018 06:25 Go to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

An interesting question about how we perceive photos has arisen in a feedback conversation I have had about the FYA challenge stories. Don't look at it again, but when you first saw the picture, and before you read the stories, did you think that the briefs were white and the colour balance in the photo wrong (which could due to the strong back light from the window) ? Or did you see the shorts as pink? 

It doesn't matter at all as far as the challenge stories are concerned, I am just intrigued as to how many of you saw it the same way as I did.

[The forum polling system has failed, so I've edited this post to remove that and add this poll below. You will need to register your vote again. ~timmy]

Fine Young Animal Straw Poll

Without looking again at the photo are the shorts pink? Or are they white and the colour balance in the photo wrong?

Pink, definitely pink!
Poor colour balance. They're white!
Can't decide or remember

Current Results

[Updated on: Sun, 22 April 2018 08:35] by Moderator

Pedro
Re: Fine Young Animals - Straw Poll  [message #74307 is a reply to message #74302] Sun, 22 April 2018 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Once you've registered your vote go back and stare at the picture again. See if your first answer was correct!

That Fine Young Animals picture

I checked out my answer.

My first answer was correct!
Got it wrong. These things happen
I just like answering surveys!

Current Results

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Fine Young Animals - Straw Poll  [message #74449 is a reply to message #74307] Sun, 10 June 2018 06:09 Go to previous message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

On careful examination I don't think the color balance is off; there are too many whitish surfaces in the picture that look right -- the floor, the wall behind them, and the piece of paper or whatever being held near the left edge of the picture. On the other hand, the boys themselves look a little pink to my eyes; it's possible that it's a lighting effect.
Previous Topic: The Bombardiers
Next Topic: Stories on N***y
Goto Forum: