A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A Good Deed
A Good Deed  [message #74845] Sun, 09 September 2018 09:29 Go to next message
Dominick St James is currently offline  Dominick St James

Toe is in the water

Sky News extract:

"A schoolboy has been praised for helping a distraught Year 7 pupil who got lost on his way home after his first day of high school.

"Tom O'Brien, 15, gave the 11-year-old £10 after discovering him crying on a bus in Liverpool. He also ordered a cab to collect him from the next stop after he had got on the wrong bus from Holy Family Catholic High School in Thornton.

"The younger boy, without any money or a mobile phone, had no other means of getting back to his home in Netherton. Two fellow Year 7 students, Harry Campbell and Dylan Robson, stood with him while he waited for the cab to arrive.

"Tom's generosity did not go unnoticed, with the mother of one of the children on the bus sharing the act of kindness on Facebook. Ruth Furlong wrote in a post: "There really are some truly decent kids out there!

"An year 11 lad came over to them all asking how their first day went? He spots a new kid crying because he's gotten on the wrong bus and it's getting further away from where he lives. It's ok mate, don't worry, you'll be home soon' he told him. He whipped out a tenner and arranged for a taxi to pick him up at the next bus stop and made sure he got home safe."

https://news.sky.com/story/teen-praised-for-helping-crying-y ear-7-boy-on-wrong-school-bus-11493060[/font-size]

[Updated on: Sun, 09 September 2018 09:32]

Re: A Good Deed  [message #74847 is a reply to message #74845] Sun, 09 September 2018 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Human decency is alive and well.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A Good Deed  [message #74933 is a reply to message #74847] Thu, 27 September 2018 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

"timmy wrote on Sun, 09 September 2018 15:50"

Agreed. But, a tenner. Blimey! I got 50p a week pocket money, and 30p extra fagging for a house prefect.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: A Good Deed  [message #74937 is a reply to message #74933] Fri, 28 September 2018 13:03 Go to previous message
William King is currently offline  William King

Toe is in the water

"Camy wrote on Fri, 28 September 2018 01:59"

"timmy wrote on Sun, 09 September 2018 15:50"

Agreed. But, a tenner. Blimey! I got 50p a week pocket money, and 30p extra fagging for a house prefect.

--
But you're like how old Camy? I got half a crown... lol. So you got twice my rate and we are now in the 21st century where prices have gone up just a bit 🤣🤣🤣
Previous Topic: The boy on the boat made me think of this
Next Topic: Blue Can of Paint
Goto Forum: