A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Who are today's young teen gay icons
Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75216] Fri, 23 November 2018 12:16 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Way back when this site started peole were drooling over:
  • Aaron Carter
  • Taylor Hanson
  • Jonathan Taylor Thomas
  • Elijah Wood

And that was just a few.  Jaxsper Finn wrote a whole slew of fan fiction about Hanson, the band, and was raided by Hanson;s lawyer, so the story goes.

Today, who do we have as candidates for drool?
  • Ronan Parke, who has grown into a good looking young man?
  • Carson Lueders?
  • Troye Sivan?

Who else?

Or have gay teenagers moved on, somehow, and found each other? Maybe the Aaron Carter fascination was based on tougher times when it was safe to fantasise about an impossible dream?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75218 is a reply to message #75216] Fri, 23 November 2018 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Well, I think the boyband One Direction has something of a following.  Other than that, I don't know too many current teen celebs that have a huge following (not like Aaron Carter had - going off of some celebrity fanfic like on Nifty, you'd think he'd been regularly shagged by his brother Nick, the other members of Backstreet Boys, and practically every guy who'd ever been on the Backstreet Boys tour bus for more than 15 minutes).

Justin Bieber might be one (or may have been one, once upon a time, depending on whether or not he could still be argued as being relevant).

Looking over the gay/celebrity section of Nifty, I don't see too much standing out in the area of teen celebs, though how much you might want to view that as an indicator I don't know.  (Asa Butterfield has come up a little bit, though.)
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75220 is a reply to message #75218] Fri, 23 November 2018 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisr is currently offline  chrisr

Getting started

"Mark wrote on Fri, 23 November 2018 14:00"

Justin Bieber might be one (or may have been one, once upon a time, depending on whether or not he could still be argued as being relevant).

--
Indeed. Mr. Bieber is now just a few months shy of the quarter century mark!
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75221 is a reply to message #75216] Fri, 23 November 2018 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

In the mid 1990's I was in love with Joey Lawrence when he was in "Blossom" and later "Brotherly Love" (sitcoms in the USA). His younger brother Matt was hot too. 😀
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HbD8Pxob-k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pmD9hAg1B3E

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2018 22:30]

Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75222 is a reply to message #75221] Fri, 23 November 2018 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It seems like there is no-one today, just nostalgia.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75223 is a reply to message #75222] Sat, 24 November 2018 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Composer is currently offline  The Composer

Toe is in the water

which, as we all know, isn't what it used to be.
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75224 is a reply to message #75223] Sat, 24 November 2018 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"The Composer wrote on Sat, 24 November 2018 13:36"
which, as we all know, isn't what it used to be.

--

Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75228 is a reply to message #75216] Sat, 24 November 2018 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I wondered about William Franklyn-Miller, but he is just handsome, not a gay drool icon.

Is it that the phenomenon has passed?

Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75240 is a reply to message #75216] Mon, 26 November 2018 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnnyd is currently offline  Johnnyd

Getting started

Troye Sivan is def a gay teen idol.  Most of his work has been in music, but he has also been an actor.
most recently a small role as a gay teen in Boy Erased...in theaters in the US now. Was also in Spud with 
John Cleese a few years ago.  He has a pretty big following.  He's done a variety of YouTube videos too. 
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75241 is a reply to message #75240] Mon, 26 November 2018 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Johnnyd wrote on Mon, 26 November 2018 22:43"
Troye Sivan is def a gay teen idol.  Most of his work has been in music, but he has also been an actor.
most recently a small role as a gay teen in Boy Erased...in theaters in the US now. Was also in Spud with 
John Cleese a few years ago.  He has a pretty big following.  He's done a variety of YouTube videos too. 

--
While you are right, and he is, and he is easy on the eye, he is not the same type of 'drool over' icon that the demonstrably heterosexual pretty boys were 15-20 years ago

Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75391 is a reply to message #75216] Tue, 08 January 2019 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Fatima is currently offline  Ian Fatima

Getting started

I'm finally getting around to a response, a few months late! The following are not necessarily huge idol names, but rather some personal current favorites:

Model Boys - these boys are all adorable: Patrick Michael Heaney, Francisco Lachowski, Freddie Ransom, Landon Cole, Manu Rios, Mitch Hewer, Alex Ruygrok, and Alec Golinger. 

Also, many singers, such as Charlie Lenehan (of Bars and Melody), Benjamin Lasnier, Carson Lueders, Cody Simpson, and Lenni-Kim (check out his sexy "Miraculous" and "Yolo Live" on Youtube). 

Another singer, Max Jendrzezak, a.k.a. Max Angel, has young-age videos on Youtube such as "Capitaine Abandonne" and "Tout Va Bien."  He also has recent sexy, buff pictures on a number of Instagram pages such as MaxAngel_Officiel and MaxAngel_Live.

One of the most promising new faces is a young teen singer from Sweden, Theoz Theodor Haraldsson. Check out his great Youtube video entitled "Helt Ensam Pa Skara Sommarland." Also, check out his Theoz Instagram page, for hundreds of great photos. He is still young but has great potential. Timmy uploaded a picture of him on his nerdyhottubexpert Tumblr page. As you can see, he's a stunner:

[edited to allow folk to download the picture, but not to display it in plain sight. We have moved awaay form displaying pictures of young gentlemen ~timmy]

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2019 12:37] by Moderator

Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75392 is a reply to message #75391] Tue, 08 January 2019 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The list is interesting, but there are no names that stick out in the same manner that, say, Aaron Carter, or Talyor Hanon did twenty or so years ago

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2019 12:38]

Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #75721 is a reply to message #75392] Wed, 01 May 2019 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

Ronan Parke Came out in Feb of this year. Although in the interview he said he was never IN the closet but BGT made him act straight.  Billy Gillman is back as well. And pretty hot.

Wisdom does not come with age. It occurs because of it.
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #78400 is a reply to message #75216] Sun, 06 November 2022 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Recent news about the passing of Aaron Carter made me think of this thread.
Re: Who are today's young teen gay icons  [message #78419 is a reply to message #78400] Tue, 29 November 2022 00:51 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I'm deep in the nostalgia with David Cassidy...don't know much of recent gay idols...
Previous Topic: Kiwi... In Memoriam
Next Topic: What part does your sex play in your life?
Goto Forum: