A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > It's Time for Christmas Wishes, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees
It's Time for Christmas Wishes, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #75315] Fri, 21 December 2018 08:43 Go to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Another very good story from Geron Kees.  

Kippy is becoming more and more assertive as the confidence in his skwish grows.  Ricky as well has much more to do and be in this story than in many of the previous Charlie Boone" stories.  And I loved meeting Ricky's Uncle Bob, and look forward to seeing him in some of the future stories.  Just when I think that Geron can't come up with another unique locale for his Charlie Boone stories, he proves me wrong.  (And that's great, Geron-- you are indeed welcome to keep proving me wrong!)  I reccommend this story.

While it is helpful if one has read the other seven Charlie Boone stories, this can be read alone-- with the understanding that you will probably want to go back eventually and read the rest of the series in order.  But if you have read the other stories in the Charlie Boone series, you will get the most out of this story.

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/geron-kees/charlie-boon e/08.html
Re: It's Time for Christmas Wishes, Charlie Boone by Geron Kees  [message #75348 is a reply to message #75315] Sat, 29 December 2018 22:56 Go to previous message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

I missed your review in all the clamor leading up to my Christmas (which was very fun, even though no elves put in an appearance this year!). Thank you again for the kind words.

I don't think there will be a lack of locations for Charlie and Kippy and friends to visit in the future. Fantasy has that facility kind of built into it - that you can simply create anything that you can imagine in the way of locales for a story. As a liflelong reader, I have a kind of soup of imagery inside my head supplied by thousands of other writers. It's impossible not to take bits and pieces from the things I have read, and build them into new - or mostly new - scenarios. I never consciously borrow - I doubt most writers do - but it is a sure thing that everyone that writes is influenced by the things that they have read in books or seen in any of the various visual media. And that covers a lot of ground!

So I think Charlie and his friends have quite a number of places left to go.

Happy to have you along for the journey!

[Updated on: Sat, 29 December 2018 23:00]

Previous Topic: A Rotten Christmas by Jolyon Lewes
Next Topic: 2018 Queue Status
Goto Forum: