A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Alike in Dignity
Alike in Dignity  [message #75685] Wed, 10 April 2019 11:27 Go to next message
ducklike is currently offline  ducklike

Getting started

I am in the middle of reading this story by Mike Arram, which I found on Awesome Dude. It features Henry Atwood and some old friends from the Peacher saga, and a second plot line with a new cast.  It doesn't move the saga forward but it is a great stand-alone tale, and solidly in our niche. Any reason why it isn't on IOMFATS?
Re: Alike in Dignity  [message #75686 is a reply to message #75685] Wed, 10 April 2019 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The reason will be that Mike has not sent it to me. If you would like to ask him to then I will publish it with pleasure.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Alike in Dignity  [message #75687 is a reply to message #75686] Wed, 10 April 2019 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The good news ia that I have all the chapters ready to start on Friday. There is no bad news. 

[Updated on: Wed, 10 April 2019 14:33]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Alike in Dignity  [message #75688 is a reply to message #75687] Thu, 11 April 2019 03:22 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

It was a very well done story, as are all of Mike's stories. Great plot, suspense, love, romance, conflict, disappointment. And I like that he doesn't take the expected or easy way out with the ending. 

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: Gay fiction written by women
Next Topic: 2019 Queue Status
Goto Forum: