A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Chris James RIP
Chris James RIP  [message #75702] Sun, 21 April 2019 21:51 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

AwesomeDude has announced the death of Chris James on 19 April 2019

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2019 08:15]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Chris James RIP  [message #75703 is a reply to message #75702] Mon, 22 April 2019 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Well, Damn... 😢

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Chris James RIP  [message #75706 is a reply to message #75703] Mon, 22 April 2019 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

If the link to AwesomeDude above appears to be broken. Try this:

http://forums.awesomedude.com/topic/10951-popular-ad-author- chris-james-has-passed/

Pedro
Re: Chris James RIP  [message #75727 is a reply to message #75702] Mon, 06 May 2019 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Though I'm a bit late responding to this, I am sorry to learn of his passing.  We didn't communicate much, but I did like his works (the first one of his stories I read was when I found "Adam Conquers Earth" when he posted it over on Nifty).  While we all know that death is a part of life, it is still hard to see one of our own go.
Re: Chris James RIP  [message #75729 is a reply to message #75727] Mon, 06 May 2019 08:30 Go to previous message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

In my opinion, the version of "Adam Conquers Earth" here on IOMfAtS is considerably superior to the one on Nifty.

Here is the link to chapter 1:       http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/james/adam-conquers-ear th/01.html
Previous Topic: What Happened to D'Artagnon?
Next Topic: New faves
Goto Forum: