A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Cornhole?
Cornhole?  [message #75737] Thu, 09 May 2019 18:09 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have learned a new thing. One may play cornhole. Professionally. Oh.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Cornhole?  [message #75738 is a reply to message #75737] Thu, 09 May 2019 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Yeah. But it's the private sessions you remember best!
Re: Cornhole?  [message #75739 is a reply to message #75737] Thu, 09 May 2019 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joecasey is currently offline  joecasey

Toe is in the water

More fun in public, in a group setting, with onlookers.  Makes lining up the sack with the hole all the more challenging.
Re: Cornhole?  [message #75740 is a reply to message #75738] Thu, 09 May 2019 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Yeah, I think I learned that from the same place you did! Who knenw? LOL

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Cornhole?  [message #75741 is a reply to message #75740] Fri, 10 May 2019 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Yeah, I remember seeing a tournament in passing on ESPN (a cable network devoted to sports) while at the gym.  Amazing that this is both considered a sport and something that can be done professionally (it's kind of like how curling is an Olympic sport).  It makes one wonder what else could have become a professional sport, or yet might yet become it, under the right circumstances.
Re: Cornhole?  [message #75861 is a reply to message #75737] Tue, 13 August 2019 01:31 Go to previous message
Paul Schroder is currently offline  Paul Schroder

Getting started

I am so disappointed. Frown That's not the definition of cornhole I grew up with.  It sure wasn't played in the backyard in teams, either!  If it was in the backyard it was in sleeping bags in the dead of night. There may have been just a brief flash of light to help locate the equipment. Our game was better because there was no loser. It was win-win!
Previous Topic: Aims
Next Topic: Questioning
Goto Forum: