A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The First Cuckold of Summer?
The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75760] Wed, 15 May 2019 10:13 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The next challenge is in preview.

The First Cuckold of Summer?

Hmm, there's a question mark, too. I wonder what folk will make of it?  Will Pedro be back in this one? Will Batman die? Can Robin save the day? Can Skippy get the rescuers to the mine in time? Where's Flipper? Is Lassie really soft paw corn?

At least some of these questions will be answered by the entries!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75763 is a reply to message #75760] Thu, 16 May 2019 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Oh, my! I love this one! Methinks the challenge will be not submitting the same story every other author will be submitting! LOL

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75764 is a reply to message #75760] Thu, 16 May 2019 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

'Curse you, Red Baron!'

This one is already in my saved picture prompts. I even had a fleeting thought, some time ago, as to what might be going on, but it has proved too fleet of foot and fled my feeble mind.

Pedro
Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75824 is a reply to message #75764] Tue, 02 July 2019 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

THis is the first challenge to have no entries at this stage.

Even if there are none the chellenges will continue

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75825 is a reply to message #75824] Thu, 04 July 2019 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The closing date is now extended. It has been rather like the sound of one handed clapping so far

Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75826 is a reply to message #75825] Thu, 04 July 2019 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

"timmy wrote on Thu, 04 July 2019 10:24"
The closing date is now extended. It has been rather like the sound of one handed clapping so far

--
I'm glad you extended it. I partially wrote a thing, put it away to finish, and only remembered last night when my calendar app reminded me. Stupid app, it knows it should have told me earlier and is sulking.
Anyway, to cut a long excuse short: the 18th sounds peachy.

Ta, Timmy.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75836 is a reply to message #75826] Wed, 17 July 2019 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

LAST extension. 25 July.

Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75850 is a reply to message #75836] Fri, 26 July 2019 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We are running, sadly with two entries only, gladly because they are each good tales.

Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75854 is a reply to message #75850] Sun, 28 July 2019 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The eagle eyed amongst you, especially Paul Schroder, noticed I failed to include his tale at the start. I have no idea how I dropped that ball. I was obviously distracted!

Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75859 is a reply to message #75854] Fri, 09 August 2019 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

The three stories in this challenge are well done and enjoyable.  

I greatly enjoyed "The Party of the Third Part," by Geron Kees.  Geron has a way of arriving witrh unexpected plot twists, and they abounded in this story.  At the same time there were numerous things pointed out about human nature and the differing forms competition can take.  Geron, if you read this, what state did you visiualize this story as a location?

"The Challenge That is Tony: Sam" was an additional delightful tale in the "Tony" stories.  I enjoy Pedto's writing styles and stories.  Merkin the cat certainly plays an interesting part in this tale.

"The Jock" was another good tale.  I have several stories by Paul Schroeder to catch up on.  I like how Stewy assessed Harold's assertiveness when Harold was standing in front of Stewy's locker.  I also especially liked how it was further in the past than most gay fiction I have seen in recent years.

Timmy, you received enjoyable tales by delaying the ending date of the Challenge the way you did.  
Re: The First Cuckold of Summer?  [message #75860 is a reply to message #75859] Fri, 09 August 2019 16:17 Go to previous message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

I tend to visualize most of my stories as taking place in some part of my own home state, New York. There are exceptions, of course. But the stories can be transplanted to many parts of the country and survive, I think. For this story, there are parts of Nassau, Westchester, or Suffolk Counties that could easily have filled in for the 'ritzy parts of town'. But there was no conscious intent to place the locale of the tale anywhere in particular.

I also enjoyed the other stories. Pedro never fails to please, and it was nice to be introduced to Paul Schroder's work, too. The challenges are a good way to meet new authors, and I'd like to see more make a visit.
Previous Topic: Queer Me!
Next Topic: Red Sky at Night, Schoolboys Take Fright
Goto Forum: