A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Forlorn by Pietar
Forlorn by Pietar  [message #75904] Fri, 20 September 2019 12:31 Go to next message
Charles Well is currently offline  Charles Well

Getting started

I would like to recommend this story to readers of this site. It's short, well written, has a great plot and good character development. And okay! I did help Pietar out with the review and some minor editing.
Re: Forlorn by Pietar  [message #75905 is a reply to message #75904] Fri, 20 September 2019 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Links, chaps!

Forlorn is easy to link to.

Easy to read, too. More, please.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Forlorn by Pietar  [message #75906 is a reply to message #75904] Sat, 21 September 2019 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talo Segura is currently offline  Talo Segura

Likes it here

This is a good, well written, and realistic short story, from which we can all take away a little message about life. Thoroughly enjoyable and recommend it. Thanks to Tim for giving the link (I probably wouldn't have found it without this thread and link 😁).
Re: Forlorn by Pietar  [message #75907 is a reply to message #75906] Sat, 21 September 2019 16:09 Go to previous message
Pietar is currently offline  Pietar

Getting started

Thank you first for reading, and second for commenting.  This story took a bit more effort to write than others I have posted on other sites.  As I said at the end, it is not my biography, although elements of my life were included.  I did have a job (for 1 week) de-tasseling corn, and I did have a friend somewhat like one of my main characters.  But the total content of the story is pure fiction. I am happy you enjoyed it, and my thanks as well to timmy for posting the link.  I didn't know it was necessary.  I'm new here and have only had time to read parts of a few other stories here myself, but I do have a rough idea of another story that I hope to add sometime soon.  Again, thanks for commenting.
Pietar
Previous Topic: Red Sky at Night, Schoolboys Take Fright
Next Topic: Jarek
Goto Forum: