A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > help find a story
help find a story  [message #76549] Wed, 19 February 2020 22:35 Go to next message
nys

Getting started

I read this story last year but I believe it was posted some time ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Story takes place in England. Neglected school age boy lives with parents and younger sister. Catches notice of classmate whose father is a member of the local council (?)... father does some sort of welfare check on main character. It turns out the boy is adopted (biological mother is adopted father's sister) and very much resented by adopted mother. Much heartache, some bullying and separation before story resolves.

Nys
Re: help find a story  [message #76550 is a reply to message #76549] Wed, 19 February 2020 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It almost sounds like one of Andrew Foote's tales. I was made to think of "Another Life" immediately, but I am equally sure it is not that

Is there anything you can remember like names of characters? Do you remember which site you were reading on?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: help find a story  [message #76554 is a reply to message #76549] Fri, 21 February 2020 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ds is currently offline  ds

Getting started

This sounds like "C'est la Vie" by Caleb Wilson, and is on this site.
Re: help find a story  [message #76555 is a reply to message #76554] Sat, 22 February 2020 15:16 Go to previous message
nys

Getting started

Yes! Thank you. I probably read it at Awesomedude.com... they have a 2 part story.
Previous Topic: Hucksley
Next Topic: Be My Boyfriend Challenge
Goto Forum: