A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics
Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #76922] Wed, 27 May 2020 07:42 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics is probably the longest title we've ever had.  And no, it's not a competition. Andrew Foote has penned this while self isolating and without referring once to Covid 19 by name.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #76931 is a reply to message #76922] Wed, 27 May 2020 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Twe things caused me to want to read this story.

A) The title

B) It is by Andrew Foote.
Re: Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #76932 is a reply to message #76931] Wed, 27 May 2020 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Wed, 27 May 2020 19:38"
Twe things caused me to want to read this story.

A) The title

B) It is by Andrew Foote.

--
It is, by the way, the Abridged Version, but my title field refused to allow (Abridged) in it. We ran out of room

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #76982 is a reply to message #76922] Thu, 04 June 2020 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rontexas2 is currently offline  rontexas2

Getting started

You ran out of space (speaking of the title).....since space is limited only by the imagination of the brain....that is a curious, almost impossible statement.
Re: Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #76983 is a reply to message #76982] Thu, 04 June 2020 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"rontexas2 wrote on Thu, 04 June 2020 18:08"
You ran out of space (speaking of the title).....since space is limited only by the imagination of the brain....that is a curious, almost impossible statement.

--
I think that, even in our wildest imaginings, our title field could have been considered to be long enough for any author.

How gratifying to have had a smaller imagination than Andrew's

Re: Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #77082 is a reply to message #76922] Tue, 16 June 2020 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

The story was every bit as good as I expected it to be.  The imagination was excellent, and I also enjoyed the reactions of the fathers in the story.
Re: Bees, Red Admirals, Ants and Everything You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Quantum Physics  [message #77141 is a reply to message #77082] Thu, 16 July 2020 19:10 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

What a delightful little tale! I set Siri on my phone to the Brit male voice and Just let him read away whilst I puttered around doing odds and bits. Totally entertaining and well worth the time Andrew spent writing, and me listening! Bravo!

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: ChrisR and "Two Words"
Next Topic: Pick Me!
Goto Forum: