A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > 5 year break
5 year break   [message #77782] Fri, 23 April 2021 13:46 Go to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Wow,

So I have an itch to scratch.

I seem to be wondering more and more what Puppy Stabbings is doing now, and Corbin down in Castlebay Down. 

I do know the former needs badly editing. That's job number 1.

Sequal coming July. (I hope)

James (WestcliffWriter)

Ps, it's good to be back!
Re: 5 year break   [message #77783 is a reply to message #77782] Fri, 23 April 2021 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I wondered whether you would be back.  What kept you?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: 5 year break   [message #77785 is a reply to message #77783] Fri, 23 April 2021 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Up until a week ago I had nothing in my mind that said to come back Timmy. But...and I know this is going to sound vain, but I promise you I'm not hahaha...I actually read my own stories back to back and it got me thinking.... I miss this!

So here I am. 2 problems to solve first. I have no PC anymore only console and tablet so I need to buy a cheap laptop from Currys and start my journey again. The second is, can I find the time to write again? Maybe. But Ricky my edited is not around anymore and because my mind spills faster than I can type I get in to all sorts of trouble with miss spelling and incorrect grammar. We'll see, but I've given myself a deadline of July to complete a sequel either on PFS or TBfCD.

I left with the message that I had nothing left to tell. Funny what 5 years away can do. 

By the way, I've had to create a new account (that's obvious I know) this is because he email address for Westcliffwriter is no longer active so I was in a bit of a pickle. Can that be deleted or retired? 
Re: 5 year break   [message #77786 is a reply to message #77785] Fri, 23 April 2021 21:15 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have merged the old account into the new. There is an anomaly that it says you only have made two posts. All prior posts are present.

We have folk willing to edit. I doubt they will approach you, but if you ask one may volunteer

All stories are already migrated to your new pen name and your email address is now the new one

[Updated on: Fri, 23 April 2021 22:06]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Learning the Ropes, by Cole Parker
Next Topic: The Darkness Between Doors, by Geron Kees
Goto Forum: