A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > hey this is for David in Hong Kong
hey this is for David in Hong Kong  [message #8742] Thu, 27 March 2003 23:56 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Ok this is super super dumb so dont make fun of me. But like you're living in Hong Kong right? well are there gay guys over there.. I mean tlak about culturally unaware but i was curious cuz I don't know...
~Andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon7.gif I'm not David...  [message #8748 is a reply to message #8742] Fri, 28 March 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

...But I think it's fairly safe to say there are gays all over the world, and in every culture.

And why would anyone make fun of you, least of all David? Smile You're a very kind and sensible kid or young man (whichever you prefer!)

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Re: I'm not David...  [message #8751 is a reply to message #8748] Fri, 28 March 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I dunno... Just seemed like a stupid question. Kid is fine Don't wnat to grow up too fast. I mean I guess It would make sense that there are gays everywhere I just never heard of an asian who was gay how weird is that??

Andy, you must read this  [message #8757 is a reply to message #8742] Fri, 28 March 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mihangel is currently offline  mihangel

Likes it here

David will be too modest to mention it, but he's written a story you must read (though he hasn't finished it yet - hint, hint, David!) One of the two boys in it is Thai.

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/young-friends/holding-on-for-dear-life/

The author is given as The Alienist. Don't worry about that - it's just the name of one of David's hats. I reckon it's the best gay story I've ever read on the net.
icon7.gif Wee-ell, as it happens...  [message #8759 is a reply to message #8751] Fri, 28 March 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

...David happens to have this Awesome thai guy whom we know as Man around here as a b/f, and he's really really hot (especially in a pair of Speedos and nothing else, hehee!). Check out the tiny "messageboard irregulars" link near the top of the main board page. Unfortunately not the Speedo pic, but you still can't complain about what we get I say. Smile

Besides, there's a gazillion pics of cute asian twinks on the web, do you seriously mean to say you never noticed? Smile

And it's good I think you don't want to grow up too fast. You only get to be fifteen once in your life. Enjoy it while it lasts.

-L

direct my sail."

Re: Wee-ell, as it happens...  [message #8761 is a reply to message #8759] Fri, 28 March 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

hahahahah yeah seriously I never did notice... SO he has a bf huh then I guess there really are gay asian guys that pretty cool. I guess I hsould have assumed that. Now I'm going to need to go lookin for those pictures... heheheh Okies thank ya buh byes
~Andy

icon14.gif And Chapter 9 has the hottest love scene!!!!!  [message #8764 is a reply to message #8757] Fri, 28 March 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

No Message Body
Re: hey this is for David in Hong Kong  [message #8772 is a reply to message #8742] Fri, 28 March 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Wow... That is a very awesome story I jsut finished what David has written..... You hsould write more it's awesome!!!
~andy

Um, Lenny  [message #8775 is a reply to message #8759] Fri, 28 March 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

You're shattering my delusions. I am so looking forward to my third fifteenth birthday in about six months. I decided long ago that I just don't ever get any older, so I start over every fifteen years.

Think good thoughts,
e
Re: hey this is for David in Hong Kong  [message #8792 is a reply to message #8742] Fri, 28 March 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I think asian cultures are a little more repressive of homosexuality. From people I've spoken with anyway. It is funny though, in Japanese media (manga, anime, music to name a few) "yaoi" (male-male) material is common, yet when it comes to actual society and stuff people are lot less willing to give you a job due to orientation. I think the percent of gay guys in Japan is a lot lower too, not sure if that's because of society or possibly even a genetic thing. I'm not claiming to be an expert here, just going on people I've talked to about it.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon7.gif Hey this IS David in Hong Kong  [message #8798 is a reply to message #8792] Fri, 28 March 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Golly...I'm honored...and blushing...and loving the attention.

Firstly, Andy, Lenny's right about one thing...there is no such thing as a dumb question!

And thanks for the endorsements of my story. Chapter 12 is actually on the planning boards right now. Those boys need to go to Thailand. I'll announce the posting of the chapter here, for sure. (And yes, timmy, I promise to do the Robin chapter first!!)

And now to address the original question. Yes, there are gay guys (and lesbians) in Hong Kong, and in every other country. There aren't fewer (percentage-wise) in Japan, but how gay men define themselves differs from culture to culture. What you and I would say about who is gay and how you know you're gay is different than what people from other countries would say about their sexual orientation.

In Hong Kong, there are two gay communities, and a blurred grey area where the two sometimes meet. There is a western-style gay scene, very much like what you'd find in any Western city. Bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. This is where you'll find foreign gay people and the local Chinese who like them, or who have themselves spent time living in western countries.

There is also a more local Chinese gay scene, which is much more low-key. Much of it is built around anonymous sex, like in sauna's. I have helped develop an AIDS education and HIV testing service which is designed to operate within the saunas and other places where men go for sex.

Many Chinese (and Japanese) gays marry and have families. This is cultural, as being single is considered strange, let alone living with a partner of the same sex. In the Thai language, for example, there's no literal way to ask, "Are you single?" The way to ask that is translated, "Are you married already or not?" You can see what the cultural expectation is!

There is almost no "gay pride", never been a Pride parade in Hong Kong. Although Bangkok has had one for the past five years. Very few openly "gay" men or women in any of the Asian countries. Again, mostly because of cultural expectations about marriage and families, and different rules about what is private and what may be openly discussed.

One example of the differences in privacy rules: I am open about being gay, and when interviewing for my job here talked about my relationship with Man. Very unusual for me to have done that, and even more unusual for them to hire me anyhow. But the REALLY strange thing is about my boss for the past 5 years. We're reasonably close friends, he's a good guy, he's not a bit homophobic and encourages all sorts of human rights activities where I work, and I THINK he's gay. But I don't know for certain, and can never ask directly. It would be too rude, even after 5 years. Man and I have had dinner with him and other male friends of my boss. Man and I will then discuss whether one of them is my boss's partner or not. Neither of us can tell for certain.

So gaydar works differently in Asian countries, too. I have seen 2 guys out to dinner with their respective wives and children, cruising each other. It would also be quite rude for anybody to overtly "notice" behavior like that, either.

In Thailand, if you ask a Thai guy, "Are you gay?" (which is more acceptable than in China), you will get one of two answers. The first possible answer is, "No, I am a man." Which is likely to confuse the questioner. ("Obviously he's a male person, that's not what I asked...hmmm...")

But what you meant by your question was to find out about his sexual orientation. Thai gays don't answer the question that way. "I am a man" refers to sexual activity. A gay guy who is a "top" and not effeminate will say, "I am a man" even if he's never had sex with a woman ever, and never wants to. If the Thai guy answers the question by saying "Yes, I am gay", that means that he's willing to be a bottom. Very stereotypical by Western standards. But western standards don't apply in the Far East!

Thai "tops' are also sometimes called "Kings", and of course bottoms are sometimes called "queens." People who are versatile and both top and bottom are sometimes called "kwings".

So a Western out and proud gay guy can get really confused by Asian gay guys.

Thai language has another lovely feature. They use the same word for BOTH boyfriend and girlfriend. So you don't have to be gender s[pecific when you are asked if you have a significant other. Cool, huh?

Any more questions...please do ask...I love this, and I rarely am asked about it...but I don't want to bore everybody spitless, either...hehehe

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
PS for Andy...  [message #8799 is a reply to message #8798] Fri, 28 March 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I'm just about to email you that pic of my boyfriend Man in the Speedo. Hope you like it as much as Lenny does....!

icon7.gif Cool. David...!  [message #8805 is a reply to message #8799] Fri, 28 March 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

The explanation was most enlightening, thank you! I knew some of that through your story which I read with great delight as you know, but here you explained a lot more which was even better! Smile

The far east isn't like the western world. Neither should it be. It's wrong of us - and especially the US - to push our culture and ideals (and even religion) down the throats of the rest of the planet. We need to wizen up. Smile

And, I too hope Andy likes that pic. Heheh! Take care, my friend.

-L

direct my sail."

icon7.gif That IS really cool  [message #8808 is a reply to message #8798] Fri, 28 March 2003 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

While I knew that there were differences in culture, I never really considered much of what you have told us. I guess I have too much of a Western mindset. You're definitely not boring me. Thanks.

Think good thoughts,
e
Re: PS for Andy...  [message #8815 is a reply to message #8799] Fri, 28 March 2003 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Hey thanks so much :)Thats really weird. Im glad I live here they would confuse me too mcuh hehe. But thats pretty cool. So if i see a hot Asian guy theres a chance hes gay Smile... Hmmm the possibilities. It's really weird how diffrent cultures work (lived in the US my whole life eheh 15 years) I guess I never realized how diffrent things could be.
Thanks for the answer
~Andy

icon14.gif Way far from boring  [message #8830 is a reply to message #8798] Fri, 28 March 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

That is really interesting. So Chinese and Japanese gay men marry because it is expected that they do. But, you said "many" do. What of the others? They frequent the Western bars or the saunas? So, it's known that they are not married but no one alludes to this? Are they looked on as bachelors like in the United States? Please share more. It's great to learn about other cultures, different but still alike.

smith Smile
Re: Way far from boring  [message #8836 is a reply to message #8830] Sat, 29 March 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Luckily for local gay men, many young people are waiting until a later age to marry, as they want to establish their careers, save some money, etc. before settling down with wife and family. So gay guys can often deflect questions about why they aren't married yet with those reasons. After that, some just keep saying they haven't found the right person yet, sort of like western bachelors.

But the pressures can be greater on bachelors, as families in Asia still feel free to suggest specific women from "suitable" families, etc. and sometimes marriages are still arranged (more in India/Pakistan than China). In China, Japan, Korea, etc. the pressure is for the family name to be carried on by sons. This is due to the old religious beliefs about ancestor veneration.

Another problem for single people (either gay or str8) is that young adults usually continue to live at home until they marry, so they have no privacy from having their own place to live, even people in their 30's and 40's. Ugh, huh?

Many local Chinese gays are VERY shy about being seen in more westernized gay venues. They are afraid of being recognised. I have several Chinese gay friends who won't meet me for a drink or a meal in those places because they could be perceived as being "with" me. One of them won't even go into a regular mainstream restaurant with me for that same reason.

Which is why there is the appeal for anonymous sex in places like the gay saunas. There are 26 of them in Hong Kong! Western gays usually don't go to them, altho I think a couple of them are known to be "mixed" local and western. It's inevitable that some of the young locals are there to be "adopted" by sugar daddies, which I suppose also continues to happen in the West, too.

There are also "short time hotels" in lots of Asian countries, used by both str8 and gay clientele. You drive your car into a parking space with a huge curtain which is then closed, hiding the car. The room is accessed directly from the car port, in and out, pay by credit card from the room's phone, pretty anonymous, huh?

Makes sense  [message #8841 is a reply to message #8836] Sat, 29 March 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

about the hotels if single folks live with the 'rents.

I know I'm an incurable romantic, but it seems like there isn't much support for a gay long-term relationship in some cultures. Sad

I got the impression there were quite a few male prostitutes in Thailand - is that at all accurate? Is prostitution legal in asian societies?

Finally, a stupid question about western culture from a "gay virgin" - are guys really that particular about top/bottom/versatile? I guess I'd never given it that much thought, really.
Re: Makes sense  [message #8849 is a reply to message #8841] Sat, 29 March 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Hi Trev!

Thailand has the reputation of a lot of prostitution (both male and female) because it is more "open" as a society about such things than other Asian countries. Most other countries don't have "fewer" prostitutes, but are just more underground about it, kind of like in the West.

In Thai culture, sex can be recreational and isn't reserved just for the marriage bed. One advantage of never having a majority Judeo-Christian-Moslem population, I guess...hehe

Buddhists tend to live and let live, everybody is supposed to be responsible for their own actions and all that.

Many of the male prostitutes actually aren't gay. Some of them have wives and kids and do the work because it pays way better than other jobs. (Is it Amsterdam that has legalized prostitution with health checks and them paying taxes, I forget)? Thailand isn't quite that permissive, but way more so than any neighboring countries.

In Thai law, the definition of "adultery" is not allowing your major wife to lose face, according to some complicated rules. It doesn't have to do with monogamy or fidelity. Different rules in different cultures, for sure.

But there is a down side to the prostitution openness thing. AIDS was a real problem, and the Thai government has really done a good job of education and a hugely successful prevention program that has controlled the spread of the disease better than many other places.

They have also really cracked down on under-aged prostitution, and the trafficking of under-aged people from neighboring countries, prosecuting sex tourists, and such. That's all good news, too.

Man and I have our home about 1 1/2 hours drive south of the capital Bangkok, on the Andaman Sea. A few months ago in the town next to ours, there was an International Boy Scout Jamboree with thousands of Scouts attending from all over the world. One of the things the organizers provided (along with enough phone lines for all of the young guys to call home as needed) was plenty of free condoms, just like they have available all over the rest of the country, with no age bars or anything like that. Good idea, good hospitality I say...altho some parents and leaders of Scouts found it a bit unsettling...hehehe

Re: Hey this IS David in Hong Kong  [message #8851 is a reply to message #8798] Sat, 29 March 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Firstly I'd like to thank David for providing the interesting insight. I read your story earlier as well and found it quite enjoyable, learning about other cultures and the differences between their and my culture.

Secondly I'd like to say are Americans really that sheltered? I mean, come on guys, it shouldn't shock you too much to know how Asian societies work in this respect. Also in your story David you basically implied that most kids in the class wouldn't even know where Thailand is on a map despite being in grade 9. I mean, coming from the island state Tasmania in the island country of Australia and even I know that. Does America only teach its children about America? because global issues and geography were always really important in school where I went. I guess Australia is a fairly multicultural society though, even Tasmania. I'm hoping I'm mistaken, but the impression I'm getting is that most Americans are quite ignorant to the rest of the world, of course regular internet users would associate with people from all over the place so are probably better than people with little internet access. I guess with TV, Movies, and most media coming out of America the only images people see of other nations is what the media chooses to show them, I guess it explains why Americans can at times think they are the center of the world. Anyway, sorry to diverge, I'm almost turning this into an American bashing thing, I didn't mean to and I apologize if it seems that way, the impression I got just struck me as quite odd, though.

Finally I'd like to make a comment based on what some people have said about not being able to judge other cultures based Western standards. Well, to me this seems quite odd as I don't believe there is a situation where stereotyping is ever right. I'm not criticising Asian culture, merely questioning why Western people are the only ones that can be prejudiced. If a small town in the Texas were to stereotype gays as being effeminate and even the gay guys in that town got married in straight relationships just because of the social pressures applied to them would it be okay? Even if the town had held those values for a reason for many, many years? I don't think it would be, neither should other cultures be able to get away with racism or discrimination just because their ways are different to us. Too often I see people saying we shouldn't discriminate against the Japanese for example, but then the Japanese are one of the most racially proud nations in the world and they will readily discriminate against Westerners, just because it is considered the Japanese way. I guess discrimination does have its place, to a certain degree, just as long as you realise there is no group, race, person that is superior to another.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, throwing something a bit different into the mixing pot as usual. Again, I don't mean to offend, insult or deride any individual, group or race at all, I'm merely trying to throw a few ideas around to get you all to think.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
One of Saben's points reminds me ...  [message #8857 is a reply to message #8851] Sat, 29 March 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

of a sad story (sorry, David, I seem to remember telling you this one before).

A world-wide survey was conducted by the UN. The only question asked was:

"Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?"

The survey was a huge failure because...

In South America they didn't know what "please" meant.
In Eastern Europe they didn't know what "honest" meant.
In China they didn't know what "opinion" meant.
In the Middle East they didn't know what "solution" meant.
In Africa they didn't know what "food" meant.
In Western Europe they didn't know what "shortage" meant.
In the USA they didn't know what "the rest of the world" meant.

I'm not trying to bash America either. But much of that is painfully close to the bone.
Re: One of Saben's points reminds me ...  [message #8858 is a reply to message #8857] Sat, 29 March 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

And in Australia they knew what everything meant, but were too apathetic to do anything about it...

Master Oogway
Hmmmm...  [message #8860 is a reply to message #8858] Sat, 29 March 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Stereotypes aside, I think it's fair to say that Americans can indeed be pretty ignorant about the rest of the world, even simple geography. Even good schools and good students don't know as much about the rest of the world as they assume the rest of the world should know about the US.

There's something in this mix about Americans assuming superiority as well. That's one of the dangers of being the only super-power, I think. Rome declined because it didn't notice the struggling aspirations of the world around them, similarly with the British Empire and their shock that Americans could declare independence and make it work. The British back then also assumed superiority.

You're right that cultures like the Japanese also assume superiority. For discussion, I wonder if most cultures assume that theirs is superior...or are there places that aren't that self-absorbed? In Thailand, there is a 2-tiered pricing system for many things. Double standards for how much things cost, and foreigners are charged more systematically. Even the banks do it. Thai banks pay higher interest rates for Thai citizens than they do on the money of foreigners in the same banks. Non-Thai's are not allowed to own houses and land unless they form a company (holding company) to own it indirectly. If a foreigner in the US was subjected to double pricing,, they would be able to successfully scream about it being unfair, and have recourse to have the system changed. Not here.

Also speaking somewhat stereotypically and probably over-generalizing for the sake of discussion, many Asians, certainly many Thais, assume a passive role toward authority. They assume that the boat shouldn't be rocked, and put up with incredible inequaties sometimes, as a result. Many Asian countrys' education systems teach by rote learning and memorization. Critical thinking...by that I mean learning how to think for oneself independently...that's something only being developed recently in many Asian countries. Independent thinking can be defined as rude and anti-social as a result. That's really unfortunate!

icon6.gif Oh darn...  [message #8863 is a reply to message #8849] Sat, 29 March 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Why wasn't I a boy scout? Hehee! Sounds LOVELY, hehe! Very Happy

Thanks again for the enormously educational and entertaining lesson in foreign culture. It's so refreshing each time I'm reminded it can actually be fun to learn stuff. Smile

-L

direct my sail."

My Boyfriend was there!!  [message #8883 is a reply to message #8849] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

My boyfriend Steve... He was at the scout jamboree He actually told me about the condoms lol he ofund it funny. He happily reported that he didn't need them what a good boy. BUt yeah He said it was very awesome. I wish I could have gone but I didn't hear about it soon enough... Oh well he grought me home a ring from Thailand it's nice Smile
~Andy

Re: Hey this IS David in Hong Kong  [message #8884 is a reply to message #8851] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Wow. That was kinda harsh man. Well about the iggnorance thing. At least in my town we are required to pass a bunch of geography tests to go to the enxt grade level. So everyone in my school by the time they graduate should know where countries are located. I know that I've learned them all already (There are a LOT of countries out there..) Umm I guess, I also go to a small school so there is only one world history class( we are all required to take) and it only covers basically western History like Europe. So I have actually never learned anythign about nay country past Russia. We just aren't taught it. However it is required that we take two eyars of US history to graduate. All the history electives revolve around political thought and Us History. So I guess if you live in a small town you don't get a very comprehensive education.
Unfortunitly, most people around me at least still think America is the center of the world (which it isn't!) but they really are very iggnorant people... I guess ignorance explains are country fairly well. But then again it is also a choice. Americans could know a lot more then they do but they choose not to. Even I am at fault for that one.. Damn German homework. Oh well it at elast seems liek they are trying to reveal people to more world news and culture.

icon7.gif So you're a scout too then?  [message #8887 is a reply to message #8883] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I guess a scout jamboree in Thailand beats out a soccer tournament in Sweden in terms of coolness. We have the world's biggest right here in the city where I live, last year's tournament had about 11.000 youths participating (parents, trainers etc are in addition to that), and then many from the US did not come (too afraid of flying, boo hiss! *cluck, cluck* Smile)

We don't have vastly different climate or culture or food or all that that Thailand has to offer though. Too bad you didn't get to come.

Would be cool to talk some day if you'd like and have got the time...

Take care:
-L

direct my sail."

icon6.gif Re: So you're a scout too then?  [message #8889 is a reply to message #8887] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

heheh Soccer yucky Razz No I played soccer for two years and was sooo bad. I have so little hand eye coordination. Yup Steve and I are both Scouts so it is cool... You can always talk to me Smile I love talkign my screenname is Thirdfencepost on AIM feel free to IM me anytime
~Andy

Geezer 'merican perspective  [message #8891 is a reply to message #8884] Sat, 29 March 2003 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

I think US education is quickly changing for the better. When I was in primary school 25 years ago, I don't recall any world history/cultural/sociology/government classes that were mandatory.

Today, my 12 yo is studying current events and very real issues facing their peers in the middle east as well as 3rd world countries.

Back then, there really wasn't a "global economy" from a US perspective and very little was imported, including both goods and culture. Today, there are Thai and a few Vietnamese restaurants everywhere even in the suburbs, and most of our technology is manufactured overseas, for example.

Due to both mainstream media and the Internet, world issues are being brought to even the most isolated and unworldly of places in the US. Things are looking up.
World geography vs history  [message #8915 is a reply to message #8884] Sun, 30 March 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

Just my two cents. When I was in school back in the Middle Ages there were a lot less countries to learn about so it was an easy course. One year we had to draw maps and name coutries and capitals. Another year we studied world history that started with the Greeks. Another course we had to take was Ancient History which was Stone Age to the Greeks. Then I promptly forgot everything as soon as finals were over, hehe.

Actually, all those courses developed a healthy interest in history and I have continued to study that all my life. Geography was helped by joining the military. Let's see...in the Far East Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Phillippines, Viet Nam (bad visit if you know what I mean), Cambodia (even worse), Laos (worse yet), Thailand, and some places I can't talk about. In Europe: England, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, and some places I can't talk about. Middle East, well, can't talk about that either, hehe. The Americas: Canada, U.S. (of course), Mexico, Panama, Honduras, and you know the drill by now. One thing I learned after visiting all those places, each one is different so don't make any assumptions (or believe everything you read in history books or newspapers).

Suggest a thread? Similar to this one from each unique area represented on the board. Education and enlightenment, can't beat it.

Hugs, Charlie
icon6.gif Re: One of Saben's points reminds me ...  [message #8917 is a reply to message #8857] Sun, 30 March 2003 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbryce is currently offline  rbryce

Likes it here

Alright,no fibbing allowed.You are bashing.thats a fact.But what the heck most Americans are quite forgiving after all we are so busy watching those (down under)chasing roos for sex that sometimes we forget about a small insignicant Island.hehehehe and one more he
No. Read it again.  [message #8919 is a reply to message #8917] Sun, 30 March 2003 01:39 Go to previous message

Likes it here

It is not bashing America as such. Together with Saben's wry addition, it is bashing the attitudes of the whole developed world.
Previous Topic: I have just had a horrible experience
Next Topic: QUESTION.... How many of you....
Goto Forum: