A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Continuing the movie/TV Quiz...
icon7.gif Continuing the movie/TV Quiz...  [message #8700] Thu, 27 March 2003 11:12 Go to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Here's another one...and maybe one that smith DOESN'T know...hehehe

Remember the rules...if you answer one, you get to ask the next one!

Please identify the movie in which these lines were uttered:

"The park, Bitteman! Go through the park! You know how I love the park!"

"If you and your undershirt would take two steps backwards, I could enter this dwelling..."

"I have to marry Susan. If I don't, my family will cut me off. It's nearly a billion dollars!"
"Oh. I think one of the horses just fainted."

"If I begin to die, please remove the cowboy hat from my head. It is not how I wish to be remembered."

"Darling, take my hand."
"But then you'd have just one!"

"What do you do for work?"
"I race cars, I get drunk, I fondle women...but I do have week-ends off and I am my own boss!"

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon6.gif I watch way too much late night tv  [message #8708 is a reply to message #8700] Thu, 27 March 2003 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

Arthur.......Dudley Moore's best stuff.......except "10" when he's hiding in that church and the bee stings his nose......

Next:
*"I've got a degree in ass wigglin', mate."

*"You're not still on about this Chippendale lark are you? ~ A Yorkshire version. If them buggers can, we bloody can."

*"So...you can't sing? You can't dance? I hope you don't think I'm nosey, but what can you do?"
"Well.......there's this......."
"Gentlemen, the lunchbox has landed!"
I'd say that's "Housut Pois", but don't ask me what's it in english...  [message #8709 is a reply to message #8708] Thu, 27 March 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setras is currently offline  setras

Likes it here

And I'd look it up, but I gotta dash...

That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed.
-Master Li in Neil Gaiman's Sandman
I ran that through the on-line translator...  [message #8712 is a reply to message #8709] Thu, 27 March 2003 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

and came up with "Pants Away" >>>>giggle<<<<
Kinda right :):)Smile

smith J Smile
icon5.gif The Full Monty?  [message #8715 is a reply to message #8708] Thu, 27 March 2003 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Didn't actually see the movie, but it seems about right. Very Happy

In case I got it right (and you let me steal Setras' thunder);

"You know what they put in the water, don't ya? Flouride! Yeah, flouride. Under the pretext it strenghtens your TEETH!"

"Black helicopters. You heard about them, black helicopters? They're everywhere. They're on whisper-mode, so you can't hear them until they've already gone! You know-? There's nobody there...! Where'd they go? Oh, there was nobody in here! What am I talking- Why's the meter on?"

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon12.gif Was it 'Men in Black'?  [message #8716 is a reply to message #8715] Thu, 27 March 2003 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie Smith is currently offline  Charlie Smith

Toe is in the water

Don't know if i'm right but it sound like something they would say...lol.

Anyway, if it was wrong tuff, hehe. Here's one for y'all. If no one gets it then you can tell them, David...lol.

'Dear George, remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings.
Love Clarence.'

An easy one there fer ya. Hehe.
icon6.gif Now Charlie haha !!  [message #8731 is a reply to message #8716] Thu, 27 March 2003 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Lenny's was a cool movie with Mel Gibson called Conspiracy Theory......but I know what you mean about Men in Black Smile

I've seen this movie 15 million times heehee It's A Wonderful Life...Christmas classic.

Try:

*"Mama, when did Ben Franklin invent electricity?"
"That's nonsense. I invented electricity. Ben Franklin is the devil."

*"Viki Valencourt showed me her boobies....and I liked them too."
icon6.gif Re: Now Charlie haha !!  [message #8732 is a reply to message #8731] Thu, 27 March 2003 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie Smith is currently offline  Charlie Smith

Toe is in the water

I know it but just can't put a name to it.

I do remember Conspiracy, was a cool movie. He was a brain washed hit man wasn't he!

What gave Wonderful life away? was it Clarence and his wings...lol.
It is right, that's what they translated it to...  [message #8736 is a reply to message #8712] Thu, 27 March 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setras is currently offline  setras

Likes it here

No Message Body

That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed.
-Master Li in Neil Gaiman's Sandman
The Waterboy  [message #8737 is a reply to message #8731] Thu, 27 March 2003 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

Not one of my favs, but ok.

Try this one.

"This chick's living in a new car ad."

"It's when you start doing things for free, that you start to grow wings. Isn't that right, Mike."
"What?"
"Wings, Michael. You grow wings, and become a fairy."

"If I had a normal family, and a good up-bringing, then I would have been a well-adjusted person."

Think good thoughts,
e
icon6.gif Oh Wow !!!  [message #8767 is a reply to message #8737] Fri, 28 March 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

My Own Private Idaho ~ River Phoenix & Keanu Reeves ~ they were something !! Sad, sad, sad !!
The Scene:
"I only have sex for money."
"Yeah, I know."
"And two guys can't love each other."
"Yeah, well, I don't know. I mean...for me, I could love someone even if I wasn't paid for it. I love you....and you don't pay me."

How about???

*" Proposition: I'm a king, not a man. And a very civilized king. Could it possibly be civilized to destroy the thing I love? Did they ask for this calamity? Can passion be selected?"

*" Merlin told me never to worry about it if you don't know what a woman is thinking. They don't do it very often."
Re: Oh Wow !!!  [message #8769 is a reply to message #8767] Fri, 28 March 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

I am extremely sad I don't knwo any of these lol are they quotes from movies??

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Talk about "Oh Wow !!!"  [message #8776 is a reply to message #8767] Fri, 28 March 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Of all the roles Richard Harris ever played, King Arthur was his best. I've seen both versions of Camelot. Overall I think the one he did in the 80s was better than the one from the 60s.

A lesson for the young guys. I was on my way to see this one iwth my cousin. As we were pulling out of the driveway, a friend of mine wizzed by honking his horn and yelling obscenities. I couldn't let it pass and turned to my cousin saying, "We'll be by him before we get to the stop sign." I stomped on the gas, turned onto the road, hit a patch of ice, and barely, just barely made it between tow trees in our neighbor's front yard. Well almost. The back end of the car caught one of the trees as we skidded by. If it had been the front end, we'd likely both be dead. If there had not been snow on the ground, we'd likely have ended up in the neighbor's living room. In the hands of teenagers, cars can be dangerous. Be careful.

Now for the quotes:

"What are you doin' here? You oughta be out in a convertible bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver."

"Is that crazy enough for ya'? Want me to take a shit on the floor?"

"In one week, I can put a bug so far up her ass, she don't know whether to shit or wind her wristwatch."

"Rules? PISS ON YOUR FUCKING RULES!!!!"

"Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen."

"I'm a goddamn marvel of modern science."

Think good thoughts,
e
icon9.gif Impatiently awaiting the answer to this one...which I don't know...  [message #8800 is a reply to message #8776] Fri, 28 March 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body

Re: Impatiently awaiting...  [message #8801 is a reply to message #8800] Fri, 28 March 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

In fact, I'm going to rudely ask another one at the same time, just cuz I'm in such a good mood tonight...

Guess this movie, please:

"Weezer, you know I love you more than my luggage!"

"Claree, you are more strange than color TV..."

"I haven't been outside without lycra on these thighs since I was 14 years old."

"Sammy wouldn't mind if Annelle had just one other man in her life. But he's having trouble with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost!"

icon7.gif Hi David  [message #8803 is a reply to message #8801] Fri, 28 March 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

e's movie is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest ... Jack Nicholson
Thanks for the driving tips:
1. Only try for the stop sign in the summertime
2. Cut down all neighbor's trees
Kidding !! I'm careful !!

I LOVE Weezer! "I'm not crazy! I've just been in a very bad mood for the past 40 years!" Steel Magnolias

How about:::

*"You still don't understand! He'll come for her! He'll wade through you, reach down her throat and rip her f**king heart out."

*"I came across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have."

*"I'LL BE BACK !!"
icon7.gif That one was too easy. :)  [message #8804 is a reply to message #8803] Fri, 28 March 2003 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I don't think I need to even say the title. Smile This one probably isn't too hard either...

"Dammit, we just got out here!"

"There was a time when I woulda asked why."

"Get a move on!"

"Shit, woman!"

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haa!"

-L

direct my sail."

Re: That one was too easy. :)  [message #8813 is a reply to message #8804] Fri, 28 March 2003 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think "The Abyss"

Now:

"Sweet, what's mine say?"

"Dude, what's mine say?"

and you can add "And then?"

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: That one was too easy. :)  [message #8816 is a reply to message #8813] Fri, 28 March 2003 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Dude Wheres My car I know that One!!!!!!!

Re: That one was too easy. :)  [message #8817 is a reply to message #8816] Fri, 28 March 2003 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Oops I'm supposed to give you guys lines now aren't I ok one sec then... Let me think a bit... Hmm I hope this isn't too hard but I don't know many movies so here it goes..

"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. We shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

"man we have to buy you a book of proverbs or something."
"Yeah this mix and match shits got to go"

icon14.gif Whoa Andy : )  [message #8825 is a reply to message #8817] Fri, 28 March 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

At first I thought Dogma but no.........I actually made a phone call to a friend and we figured this one out. Hahahaha You're making me work Smile
The Boondocks Saints

Next:
*" Did you find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and acted like a girl bunny?"

*" Can I be frank with you? Can I still be Garth?"

*" I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just bored."

*" If she was president, she'd be Baberaham Lincoln."

*" Schwing !!"
from The Abyss....  [message #8826 is a reply to message #8813] Fri, 28 March 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I great quote from The Abyss. It was in the form of a message from the submersible to the main ship after they find the aliens:

"Virgil Brigman back on the air / Have some new friends down here / I guess they've been here awhile / They've left us alone but it bothers them to see us hurting each other / Getting out of hand lately / They want us to grow up a bit and put away childish things / Of course, it's just a suggestion."

I just like that Smile
smith
hehehe ok I got a new on--- should be easier ....  [message #8828 is a reply to message #8825] Fri, 28 March 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Ummmm Waynes World I believe but I'm not positive. No I guess I'm 99% sure that that is Waynes World but feel free to correct me if I was wrong...
"This was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom. If I didn't say anything, people in the group assumed the worst. They cried harder. I cried harder. Look up into the stars and you're gone."
"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. "
"You know, the condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip it on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night, then you throw it away. The condom, I mean. Not the stranger."

icon7.gif Liked that one too.  [message #8832 is a reply to message #8826] Sat, 29 March 2003 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

One that kinda brings a tear to my eye though is when he 'says', "Love you, wife"... It's so sweet.

Though James Cameron was never much of a man to respect the holy matrimony much it seems, he cheated on Linda Hamilton as I recall it! WTF??? She's such a BABE! Smile

-L

direct my sail."

New One While Waiting for Somebody to Answer Andy's.....  [message #8850 is a reply to message #8832] Sat, 29 March 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Another movie to guess...Jaimie, are ya awake? hehehe

"For those of yas what ain't yet guessed, I am an entertainer. Or what's left of one..."

"I go by the name of Virginia Ham. Ain't that a kick in the rubber parts? Get a load of some of my former handles: Anita Man...Fonda Boys...Clair Voyant...Faye Ways...Bang Bang La Desh...Bertha Vanation...Marina Del Ray.

Yeah, I'm among the last of a dying breed. But that's alright. With a voice and a face like this, I got nothin' to worry about, I can always drive a cab!

You know, there are easier things in this world than being a drag queen. But I ain't got no choice. You see, try as I may, I just can't walk in flats..."

This is the same flick in which the above character gazes down upon a young and stunningly cute Matthew Broderick passed out on his bed, and says, "If you have an IQ of more than 30, there is no God!"

Go for it guys!

icon6.gif Yawn,,,,,It's all this late night tv  [message #8862 is a reply to message #8850] Sat, 29 March 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Andy's was Fight Club......Brad Pitt Smile "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

David......Torch Song Trilogy......That's where I learned not to say whoops...haha
"Whoops!"
"Whoops? Ed, did you say whoops? Whoops is when you fall down an elevator shaft. Whoops is when you skinny dip in a school of piranha. Whoops is when you accidently douche with Drano. No, Ed. This is not a whoops. This is an ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

K.....This is one of my favorite movies: I forgive you if no one's seen it. It parallels human life {clue}

*"All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first, they must catch you, Digger, Listener, Runner, Prince with a swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

*"The fields....they're covered with blood."

If no one knows that one, then try: "Allrighty then!!"
Here's one for Ashley and the other Aussies  [message #8866 is a reply to message #8862] Sat, 29 March 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Cheating and using a Search Engine I found it is from Watership Down. I believe I read that book a few years back in my Literature class. It has been a while.

As for your second one, it is from The Mask, obviously Jim Carey's line.

As per the topic, I'm going with something a little Aussie here, hopefully others will have seen it too, though:
"What are your legs?"
"Springs, steel springs."
"What are they gonna do?"
"They're going to hurl me down the track."
"How fast can you run?"
"As fast as a leopard."
"How fast are you gonna run?"
"As fast as a leopard."
"Then let's see you do it!"

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon12.gif Hehehehe  [message #8881 is a reply to message #8862] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Brad Pitt is dreamy Smile I'm glad someoen knew fight club that was a great movie!

icon6.gif Brad Pitt  [message #8886 is a reply to message #8881] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Legends of the Fall - long hair
A River Runs Through It - short hair

ask timmy about Brad Pitt.....he goes all ga-ga !! heehee

Now, you know I'm a walking Blockbusters, Andy Smile What kinda haircut did ya get? Description please.......

JJ
Sci Fi Anyone.......  [message #8888 is a reply to message #8886] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Gallipoli - classic

This one is a classic sci fi movie that showed the future as a dark, depressing world:

*"Look at this Penthouse photo. This'll tell me whether you're a replicant or a lesbian."

*"He can breathe as long as nobody unplugs him."

*"All those moments will be lost like tears in the rain."

@@@Lenny, you're the Sci Fi Expert :)Smile
icon7.gif my hair...  [message #8890 is a reply to message #8886] Sat, 29 March 2003 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Its short.. Like she took my long hair and just hacked at it with a razor blade. SO it has that shaggy messy look to it. Ts kida curly cuz the ends of my hair always curls.. And its short!! but not like crew cut short. Its soo awesome... I love it and she showed me how to use this stuff 'Shark attack' to make my hair stand up in funny directions but still be soft and fluffy it is wayyy cool man!!!

Lenny may be the Sci-Fi expert  [message #8892 is a reply to message #8888] Sat, 29 March 2003 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

But I loved Blade Runner.

How about these quotes from an all-time classic:

"Is this where you live?"
"Who lives?"

"Hey they forgot to wind the sundial."

"Nobody talks to children."
"No, they just tell them."

"You can wake up now, the universe has ended."

Think good thoughts,
e
icon7.gif Hm, I think this is Bladerunner...  [message #8893 is a reply to message #8888] Sat, 29 March 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Curses! Movie quote will follow after reboot. Smile

-L

direct my sail."

Re: Lenny may be the Sci-Fi expert  [message #8895 is a reply to message #8892] Sat, 29 March 2003 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Sorry all... Another movie I have actually seen. I liked Rebel Without a Cause... This however is my all time favorite nmovie ever!!!
"Every Thursday, I take Pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich."
"My friends need to be punished."
"Oh good! My dog's found a chainsaw!"
"Nah.. The manager's a vampire and he wanted me to join his legion of the undead."

all better....  [message #8896 is a reply to message #8892] Sat, 29 March 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Sorry all I liked Rebel Without a Cause heres a new one for ya It is my all time favorite movie ever!!!
"Nah.. The manager's a vampire and he wanted me to join his legion of the undead. "
"Every Thursday I take Pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich"
"Oh good! My dog's found a chainsaw! "
"My friends need to be punished. "

Okay, you know this one I'm sure.  [message #8900 is a reply to message #8893] Sat, 29 March 2003 21:37 Go to previous message

On fire!

Man1: "That's right! You're loitering too!"

Man2: "I didn't see any signs."

Man1: "What you call that?"

Man2: "Graffitti?"

Man1: "No man. That's not fucking graffitti, that's a sign."

Man3: "He can't read it man!"

Man1: "I'll read it for you. It says this is fucking private property. No fucking trespassing. This means fucking you!"

Man2: "It says all that?"

Man1: "Yeah!"

Man2: "Well maybe if you wrote it in fucking English I could fucking understand it."

-L

direct my sail."

Previous Topic: do religions or CULTS have the right to dictate our lives
Next Topic: I have just had a horrible experience
Goto Forum: