A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > QUESTION.... How many of you....
QUESTION.... How many of you....  [message #8903] Sat, 29 March 2003 22:07 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Write a post or reply and then at the final moment decide to delete it?

How often does this happen to you? In percentages please.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: QUESTION.... How many of you....  [message #8906 is a reply to message #8903] Sat, 29 March 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

In general maybe 1% of the time, here, probably a lot more. It has increased dramatically over the last day or two, as well... probably 7% of the time? I'm not sure.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon3.gif not sure my answer is valid.  [message #8907 is a reply to message #8903] Sat, 29 March 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Delete? One in maybe 500. When I realised that I would either add nothing or take something away.

Not answer? Maybe one in 5, for the same reasons.

Reword? About one in ten

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: QUESTION.... How many of you....  [message #8909 is a reply to message #8903] Sat, 29 March 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ien is currently offline  ien

Toe is in the water

I think I do that in almost 75% of the cases
About 1%  [message #8910 is a reply to message #8903] Sat, 29 March 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

But then I'm not very "impulsive" and usually proof read before I post pretty thoroughly.
icon7.gif Well, knock it off!  [message #8911 is a reply to message #8909] Sat, 29 March 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

I'd love to hear from you more, Ien.
Depends on where I am posting  [message #8913 is a reply to message #8903] Sat, 29 March 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

On this board, about 50%.
Some others, as much as 75%.
Still others, maybe 2-3%

All depends on the members of the board, and subject matter being discussed. Also, at times, the desire to respond just goes away in the middle of composing because I realize that either my response will be inadequate or that I will anger someone.

Hugs, Charlie
Me  [message #8921 is a reply to message #8913] Sun, 30 March 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

I prolly delete about 50% of the time, either I reread it, and it's just stupid, or I get interupted, and can't get back to the thought at hand.

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
hmm never..  [message #8922 is a reply to message #8903] Sun, 30 March 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

I feel weird now... I have never deleted anythign I have written before. Which could explain hwy soem of my posts are kinda odd... But yall can deal with that!
~Andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Maybe 10%  [message #8923 is a reply to message #8903] Sun, 30 March 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

of the time when I'm trying to respond to a serious post. Almost never when I'm just kidding around or responding to a fun post.

Usually when I delete it's because my post deosn't make sense or just rambles. I usually try to reword, but sometimes it just doesn't work and never gets posted.

Think good thoughts,
e
Never, same as Andy...  [message #8924 is a reply to message #8923] Sun, 30 March 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

(And your new hair sounds very cool, Andy...I remember when I had more hair on the top of my head...Man just got a new style, too. Kind of medium long, still sort of page-boy, parted in the middle as it's not curly at all, but he played around with about three subtly different high-light colors, so it kind of changes colors in different types of light and when it moves. I like it...)

Oops...sorry, back to the deleting posts thing. I usually "know" what posts I'm going to respond to and which ones I'm going to steer clear of as I read them. So I don't get to the writing the reply and stopping in the middle phase.

Like I usually don't post on religious threads, even tho I usually have lots of thoughts about them (from a recovering Christian, learning about Buddhism perspective). I just worry that some topics generate too much heat, and don't want to offend anybody.

Then there are other posts that I decide to write an email privately in response to. I don't delete many of those either.

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
about 25%  [message #8928 is a reply to message #8903] Sun, 30 March 2003 03:34 Go to previous message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I write replies to the posts that make me angry or upset, knowing I'm going to delete them. Lets the steam out without offending anyone. Wrote a few today actually Smile

I never change or delete the happy replies.

smith
Previous Topic: hey this is for David in Hong Kong
Next Topic: Out of the Rain, Ch 15
Goto Forum: