A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Journey Of Love
icon7.gif Journey Of Love  [message #8931] Sun, 30 March 2003 09:44 Go to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

Timmy hosts some wonderful stories on this site, stories by some very talented writers. I really don't have the time to read them all (my loss!) and I almost never have the time to read stories from other sites. But there is one that I always look out for. Every 3 or 4 months I go to check whether there is a new chapter of "Journey of Love" posted (because the author stubbornly refuses to alert me, despite repeated requests). I have just read chapter 24 and heartily recommend it for your reading. Just click here: http://www.theglassonion.org/stories/jol-24.html If you don't know this story you can read it from the beginning: you are in for a treat.
Re: Journey Of Love  [message #8932 is a reply to message #8931] Sun, 30 March 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Funny that you should mention this one...it's also a favorite of mine as well. Has been for ages, and I dedicated one of the chapters of my "Holding On For Dear Life" to the author.

It's a shame that he doesn't hang out on the Web more, but when he does, it's usually on the Glass Onion MB. He has a lot in common with some of the guys here, tho. He's married with children and writes good...hehe

By the way, my other 2 favorite website for waaay above average stories are Nick Archer's Archerland and of course Da Beagle's Doghouse. If anybody needs the links to these sites, ask me!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
Re: Journey Of Love  [message #8933 is a reply to message #8931] Sun, 30 March 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

That was probably the first "decent" gay story I read, the rest were poorly written dodgey erotica crap. I too have been looking for updates! Chapter 24 is quite interesting, but I'm too much of a romantic for that story! It's really awful at the moment!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Hey, David, old friend,  [message #8940 is a reply to message #8932] Sun, 30 March 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

Maybe The Journeyman would not want all that perswonal stuff to be bandied about. I think that is something that he should tell himself if he wants to. He does visit this MB every now and then as a lurker and there are a couple of haikus by him in Poetry Corner (under a different name).

Here's a hug for you, David - and another one to pass on to Man.
icon7.gif Re: Hey, David, old friend,  [message #8943 is a reply to message #8940] Sun, 30 March 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Always good to be discreet, for sure. But he's given that info on the other MB, and I read it there. I don't know him other than what he says in public forums like that.

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon14.gif Re: Journey Of Love  [message #8959 is a reply to message #8933] Sun, 30 March 2003 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ien is currently offline  ien

Toe is in the water

I love the story, even if it's a bit tough to read right now. I also happen to know that TJ loves feedback on his story, he really (like a lot of other good authors) puts his heart and soul in it.
icon7.gif Re: Journey Of Love  [message #8998 is a reply to message #8931] Mon, 31 March 2003 15:30 Go to previous message
ChrisTJ is currently offline  ChrisTJ

Getting started

Hi, gang!

Thanks for all the nice comments about the story. I'm not offended about David's "revelations." I've shared that information freely when I thought it would help, and I'm very open about it. Saben -- I understand it's been hard to read right now. It's been hard to write, too. The next chatper is underway, but it's in long-hand. I have to find time to pound it out on the keyboard.

Thanks for reading the story, and thanks for all your comments.

Chris
Previous Topic: Disagreements, etc etc etc
Next Topic: Where is Stephen?
Goto Forum: