A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Cookies are good.... And I have million of them
icon7.gif Cookies are good.... And I have million of them  [message #9161] Thu, 03 April 2003 11:31 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

These cookies are just too yummy for words.....
What is your favorite cookis recipee. If it is a good (new) one I will add it to my recipee file.

Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 1 tbs. margarine
2/3 cup soft brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
2 to 3 tbs. milk
1 cup Maraschino cherries
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two large baking sheets with one
tablespoon of margarine. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the remaining margarine until it is soft and
fluffy. Gradually add brown sugar and blend it into the margarine. Stir in
vanilla extract.

Coarsely chop half of the cherries. Stir them into the sugar mixture. Slice
the remaining cherries in half, and set aside.

In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add
this to sugar mixture. Add rolled oats and milk, and blend to make a firm
dough. Add chocolate chips and stir until they are evenly distributed.

Roll the dough into balls. Place on cookie sheets. Imprint each with thumb
and place a cherry half on top. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until
golden brown.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon7.gif Mmm.. Cookies...  [message #9162 is a reply to message #9161] Thu, 03 April 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

375ºF, is that 180ºC? I think it may be, but I'm not sure... Apart from that- sounds yummy! Perhaps we should turn this into a recipe topic! Having moved out really puts me in need of some good recipes Very Happy

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Recipees.......  [message #9164 is a reply to message #9162] Thu, 03 April 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Kevy and I have over a million recipees on file with an additional 800+ cook books from all the major cullinary colleges and from around the world.

If you need a recipee for something let me know.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Recipees.......  [message #9165 is a reply to message #9164] Thu, 03 April 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Umm... Any particular favourites? ^_^;;; I usually can find recipes when I need them, it's just that I don't have any ideas of what to cook to start with. Normally I just end up eating 2-minute noodles (what I believe you Americans call "Ramen")...

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Ramen Noodles haha  [message #9166 is a reply to message #9165] Thu, 03 April 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

No Message Body
Oopsey !! I just hit send  [message #9167 is a reply to message #9166] Thu, 03 April 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I have eaten like a thousand tons of Ramen noodles.........
Here's a great thing to make when you're by yourself and want it to last for days........it's really good too Smile

3 lbs of ground chuck hamburger meat
4 cans of tomato soup
1 bag of frozen peas and carrots
1 bag of frozen corn
1 bag of frozen lima beans
1 onion
garlic
rice

Cook 1 cup of rice first ~ Brown the meat ~ put 2/3 can of water to each can of tomato soup ~ rinse off frozen veggies ~ sautee the onion and garlic ~ cook all the stuff together til the veggies taste done ~ throw in the rice and Yum !!

smith
icon7.gif Cookies are VERY good : >  [message #9168 is a reply to message #9161] Thu, 03 April 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Do you have this one, Marc :>
My grandmom makes these and I eat them all Smile This is her recipe........You can't eat just one, believe me Smile

Lemon Sours

3/4 cup sifted flour
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup nuts
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon rind
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2/3 cup confectioner's sugar

Mix together flour and butter to a fine crumb. Sprinkle in 11x7 pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. meanwhile, beat eggs, mix in brown sugar, coconut, nuts,baking powder and vanilla. Spread on first mixture as you take it from the oven. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes more. Mix lemon rind and juice and conf. sugar to make a creamy mixture. Spread this over the top as you take pan from oven. Use more conf. sugar and juice for more frosting.

smith Smile
Nice pun!  [message #9171 is a reply to message #9167] Thu, 03 April 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body

Master Oogway
icon7.gif Sounds yummy smith  [message #9176 is a reply to message #9168] Thu, 03 April 2003 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

I'll have to give it a try.

Here's my favorite cookie recipe. I made up this one myself.

Oatmeal – Bourbon Raisin Cookies

3 tbs butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup honey
1 egg
1 - 2 tbs bourbon syrup (see below)
½ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
2 cup bourbon raisins (see below)
cinnamon
nutmeg

Bourbon Raisins & Bourbon Syrup

2 cup raisins
1 cup bourbon (rum is good too)
½ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon
nutmeg

(This recipe can be dangerous. Be careful to avoid fires. Alcohol is extremely flammable. Have a lid or other cover for sauce pan available and cover pan if alcohol catches fire)
Pour bourbon into saucepan BEFORE placing it on the stove. Add honey, raisins, vanilla, and spices. Place mixture on medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes (alcohol should evaporate). Drain raisins and return the liquid to saucepan. Reduce liquid until there is only 1 –2 tbls remaining and use as bourbon syrup in recipe.

Cookies

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheet.

Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add honey, egg, and bourbon syrup. Mix thoroughly.
Sift together the all dry ingredients except oats. Add dry ingredient to the butter mixture. Stir in oats and bourbon raisins. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until they begin to turn light brown. Do not overbake. Cool and enjoy.

Think good thoughts,
e
Ooops, I must be nuts!  [message #9177 is a reply to message #9176] Thu, 03 April 2003 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I forgot the pecans. Add a half cup of chopped pecans when you add the raisins. Pecans really enhance the flavor of the bourbon.

Think good thoughts,
e
icon7.gif Re: Recipees.......  [message #9180 is a reply to message #9164] Thu, 03 April 2003 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick

Likes it here

hey maybe you could help me ..

I am looking for a recipe for ..

* Chocolate Erupyion Cheesecake *

I hope you can help me ..

Thanks ..

Rick ..
Re: Recipees.......Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake is a good start  [message #9181 is a reply to message #9180] Thu, 03 April 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake

1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie or wafer crumbs
3 tbsp butter or regular margarine, melted
2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
(not evaporated)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 eggs
3 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp almond extract
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled

Preheat oven to 300 F. In a small mixing bowl, combine
cookie crumbs with butter. Press firmly on bottom of
ungreased 9-inch springform pan.

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with
the sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until
fluffy. Gradually add the sweetened condensed mixture.
Beat until smooth. Add the eggs, cornstarch, and
almond extract. Mix well. Pour into crust.

Bake for 55 minutes or until the center is almost set.
Cool on wire rack. Then chill.

Top with the cherry pie filling before serving.
Refrigerate leftovers.

Yield: one 9 inch cheesecake

icon7.gif I do now...... Thanx  [message #9182 is a reply to message #9168] Thu, 03 April 2003 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

No Message Body

icon7.gif Couldn't find "erupyion"  [message #9183 is a reply to message #9180] Thu, 03 April 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

So I'm guessing you meant "chocolate eruption cheesecake." I've never heard of it, but it sounds like perhaps the most erotic dessert ever invented. Are they rather long and thin?

Think good thoughts,
e
Re: Couldn't find "eruption"  [message #9189 is a reply to message #9183] Thu, 03 April 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

yes that what I meant ..sorry about that ..

Marc that one is good but I really really need one for

Chocolate Eruption Cheesecake ..

its got pecans and something about chocolate swisls

if you and anyone can help me ..

thanks ..
Rick ..
I'll put Kevy on it.........  [message #9190 is a reply to message #9189] Thu, 03 April 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

No Message Body

icon7.gif Thanks ...  [message #9194 is a reply to message #9190] Fri, 04 April 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body
icon7.gif More cookies  [message #9195 is a reply to message #9161] Fri, 04 April 2003 00:47 Go to previous message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 1/2c. Shortening (butter flavored is best)
1 c. brown sugar,
1 c. granulated sugar,
3 eggs,
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. Vanilla extract (plus a little Almond extract),
3 1/2 - 4 c. flour,
2 tsp. soda,
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pecans or macadamia nuts.

Mix first 6 ingredients. Add a little at a time flour and soda. Add chips and nuts until you can't stir the dough anymore. Drop by tsp. on greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes at 375. For rolled cookies, add a little more flour and chill dough.
Previous Topic: With regard to warnings
Next Topic: Be Sure to tell us...
Goto Forum: