A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Why are boys so cute and good looking?
Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33640] Sat, 15 July 2006 16:52 Go to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

I saw another dude at the mall this morning. bout my age 15 or 16. My jaw hit the floor and my tongue drug the ground. I think I was instantly in love or lust, but it didnt mater. This dude was so pretty, there wasnt a girl, woman anywhere in this state that could even come close. He must have gotten every good gene his parents had. Im standing there staring like an idiot and he looks over at me a smiles. I melted right there. As he went by, I got real self concious till I realized that I wasnt the only one stairing. I also noticed some people stairing at me, so I quietly slunk away.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33646 is a reply to message #33640] Sat, 15 July 2006 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

It is one of those mysteries of life. A pleasant mystery, one that will remain on every practical and metaphysical level even if someone works out why we're attracted to each other.

I have no idea if I have ever drawn attention to myself by staring at someone else. Perhaps it's a good thing that I'm unobservant. Except when I pass by someone who's really attractive, of course.

David
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33648 is a reply to message #33640] Sat, 15 July 2006 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Not all boys are cute.....

Not all are even good looking.....

But there is that fair percentage that passes the grade.....

The most beautiful boy I ever saw was ar one of the cast parties at the ren faire I used to participate in....

He was golden blonde, with shoulder length hair, violet eyes..... slender but not thin.... and his tights displayed a more than ample treasure trove of heavenly delights.....

When the musicians began playing they started with a series of baroque melodies and to everyones astonishment the boy rose and began singing..... A bell tone tenor....... Needless to say.... he was the hit of the party and was never for a moment alone or without refreshment....

I can still see him in my minds eye when I think about him......

Sigh......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33650 is a reply to message #33640] Sat, 15 July 2006 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I'm pleased I'm not the only one who goes boy-watching when I'm shopping.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33652 is a reply to message #33640] Sat, 15 July 2006 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's a wonderful experience to see a beautiful creature of either gender. When it's the gender one desires, too, well, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How do you think I got inspiration for stories?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33653 is a reply to message #33652] Sat, 15 July 2006 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Timmy, this boy was, wellllllll, shocking. Ive seen handsome and beautiful dudes befor but this one was unbelievable. surprising he didnt have blond hair or blue eyes. His hair was fire engine red and his eyes emerald green.

Re: Red hair  [message #33654 is a reply to message #33653] Sat, 15 July 2006 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Sounds lovely.

Incidentally, does anyone know why people are traditionally (jokingly) teased if their hair is red or ginger?

I think it's a very nice colour. I might have a slight personal interest, however.

David
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33655 is a reply to message #33653] Sat, 15 July 2006 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The very occoasional red haired lad is attractive, but oddly girls carry flaming red hair off better than most boys. When they are gorgeous, BOY are they gorgeous. Smile

To be fair, very few people at all are gorgeous Smile But most of it is in the eyes.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Red hair  [message #33656 is a reply to message #33654] Sat, 15 July 2006 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

But you are not ginger Smile You have a very unusual and attractive colour indeed and it makes people look four of five times Smile

The lengths to which some people will go ...  [message #33660 is a reply to message #33640] Sun, 16 July 2006 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... to attract attention to themselves never ceases to amaze me! I mean to say, if you saw someone with a five-foot long extension to their lower jawbone, and a six-foot long tongue dragging along tha ground, wouldn't YOU stare?

Seriously, though, I know what you mean about red hair. We use fancy terms like 'Auburn' or 'Strawberry Blond', but the best description is 'red'. If it's pale red - often described as 'ginger' - it can be a pain for the owner, as it's often accompanied by zillions of freckles and an inability to tan. If it's dark red (sometimes called chestnut) it can look great, but only on a guy with darkish skin - otherwise, the poor guy simply looks ill. But if it's really in-your-face bright red, it seems that the lucky possessor often avoids the downsides and just looks absolutely ravishing - and continues to do so even after he's been absolutely ravished!

Mind you, in a lifetime of research I've never found a redhead who was attracted to other redheads. Maybe he smiled at you 'cos he's into cute blue-eyed blonds? I hope you remembered to slink away with a sexy wiggle!

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33666 is a reply to message #33640] Sun, 16 July 2006 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I once tried to make a list of what makes boys cute, good looking and attractive, but it didn't work because there is also a mystery ingredient. Call it soul, character, what you will, but it's got to be there.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33667 is a reply to message #33666] Sun, 16 July 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Makes me thing of a poem I read once. About there being something about boys that made them unique.

Make a boy cry,
And even deamons weep.
Harm a boy,
And even Christ pales on his little cross.
Break a boys spirit,
And everything is lost.

Re: Red hair  [message #33668 is a reply to message #33656] Sun, 16 July 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

I never said I was. Smile

However, people have been known to comment in the right light. Mostly grandmothers, to be honest...

David
Re: Red hair  [message #33669 is a reply to message #33668] Sun, 16 July 2006 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

They werent looking cause of your hair, Stud. Now me, I just sorta blend in with the crowed.;-D ;-D

Redheads  [message #33670 is a reply to message #33660] Sun, 16 July 2006 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

>Seriously, though, I know what you mean about red hair. We use fancy terms like 'Auburn' or 'Strawberry Blond', but the best description is 'red'

I'd be interested to know what fancy term would fit my hair best. It's a sort of light-brown-red, though most people would probably just call it brown. The reason I might call it red is that it was much redder when I was small. Luckily, it's not and never has been ginger.

>Mind you, in a lifetime of research I've never found a redhead who was attracted to other redheads.

I probably don't count, but still, I would say that I've come across a number of really good-looking red-haired boys. (I thought they were, anyway.)

Come to think of it, I've never met a low-budget film-maker who doesn't find himself attracted to redheads at some stage in his career:
http://www.stranduk.co.uk/education/product_info.php?product_id=107

David
Re: Red hair  [message #33671 is a reply to message #33669] Sun, 16 July 2006 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

The only reason I don't blend in with the crowd is because I'm taller than most of it!

David
icon13.gif Re: Red Hair.  [message #33680 is a reply to message #33640] Sun, 16 July 2006 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navyone is currently offline  Navyone

Likes it here

For myself Red Heads are a huge turn on.

Navyone

Gary
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33681 is a reply to message #33667] Sun, 16 July 2006 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That resonates with me. I know it is not "politically correct", not really even socially acceptbale, but as long as I can remember I have grieved when any boy has been hurt, and not really turned a hair when a girl has been.

Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33682 is a reply to message #33666] Sun, 16 July 2006 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The only thing that makes a boy cute is the inner boy. Even the most beautiful face need not ever be cute. And the cutest boy need not be beautiful.

This boy is an example:

nigel

He was not bad looking, but he was not "beautiful". And yet he was cute as hell, and so sexy that people drooled, even though he might have carried a littel to much weight. Justy a little. It was eyes and behaviour and flirting and just how he was. And his legs. THEY were beautiful. And yes, he is Nigel Cropper.

Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33684 is a reply to message #33682] Sun, 16 July 2006 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

People never look right in school photographs, unfortunately. I wish I could see what you mean, as I've no doubt that all the people in the pictures on your site were cute.

The three on the right are the same photograph, are they not?

The odd thing is that when I come across people I knew from school, or see them in the most terrible photograph, I remember how they were at the best of times, and not how they are now. I expect that is what it is like when you have been happily partnered to someone for decades?

David
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33685 is a reply to message #33681] Sun, 16 July 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Boys are less likely to show the hurt, or be considered to be affected by it, but that doesn't mean it is any better for them.

I know exactly what you mean, Timmy.

It's a sweet poem, Brian, and I feel the same way.

David
Re: Red Hair.  [message #33690 is a reply to message #33680] Sun, 16 July 2006 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

You know guys. He was beautiful and may have had a fantastic personality, Im sure Ill never get to find out, but thats not whats important. What is important is if they will love you more than they love themselves. Someone who is narcicistic is a real bore and pain in the donkey. Like I said befor, I want the romance, not a quick ball and thank you. I guess you could say im real old fashion as far as dating and such. Pretty boys like that are self centered. They are mostly shallow and unloving. They have been taught that their looks will get them everywhere. My best bud Kol (short for Kolvick) isnt pretty, but he is good looking. His manerisms the way he unconsciously does things, he is so cute. His accent tears me up to, kinda like Bella Lugoci with a high pitched voice. Im never gonna win any beauty prizes, but when I love, Im gonna love with my whole soul.

durn i dont even know how I got started on this. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. that is as true as it can be. We can admire beaury, but thats not what we love.

grandfather, was that long enough?;-D

Re: Red Hair.  [message #33691 is a reply to message #33690] Sun, 16 July 2006 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Lucky is the boy whom you will love. And to him you will be cute because your inner you will shine through.

Never ever judge your own looks. We are an infinite series of disappointnents to ourselves. Let those who ae attracted to you be the judges.

Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33693 is a reply to message #33684] Sun, 16 July 2006 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Oh the pics make them all look positively plain. But in life they hone and dazzled and sparkled.

Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #33694 is a reply to message #33693] Sun, 16 July 2006 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

or even shone!

Beauty  [message #33695 is a reply to message #33690] Sun, 16 July 2006 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Brian1407a wrote:
> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. that is as true as it can be. We can admire beaury, but thats not what we love.
>
Actually real extreme physical male beauty scares the sh*t out of me ... my social skills aren't really up to dealing with me becoming a tongue-tied slobbering heap. Its as true now at age 51 as it was when I was 15 !

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Red Hair.  [message #33696 is a reply to message #33690] Mon, 17 July 2006 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

That is SO true. I met a boy recently - 14, green eyes, long blond hair - the kid was stunning, as close to perfect as i've ever seen. After talking to him for about 5 minutes, i was thinking, "I could slap you darlin'" Spoilt little brat! Brian, you're a beautiful person, don't ever doubt it.

Cheers

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Red and Proud!  [message #33698 is a reply to message #33670] Mon, 17 July 2006 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Deeej wrote:

"I'd be interested to know what fancy term would fit my hair best. It's a sort of light-brown-red, though most people would probably just call it brown. The reason I might call it red is that it was much redder when I was small. Luckily, it's not and never has been ginger."

Cinnamon, perhaps? Actually, colour-change in childhood is something that I'd never thought about until I had kids of my own. In photos when he was 5 or so, my son had yellow-blond hair, which progressively darkened until, twenty years later it's so dark brown that from a distance it looks black. And my daughter started out ash-blonde and curly, but now has mid-to-dark brown, straight hair. Since then I've realised that the phenomenon is pretty common.

Deeej quoted me:

"Mind you, in a lifetime of research I've never found a redhead who was attracted to other redheads."

... and added:

"I probably don't count, but still, I would say that I've come across a number of really good-looking red-haired boys. (I thought they were, anyway.)"

Well, I'm not really qualified to comment upon your arithmetic ability, but surely you find yourself counting sometimes - like sheep, when you're trying to sleep? And as regards the remainder of your comment, I've recently had occasion to remark upon the defective nature of your eyesight!

and finally, Deeej said:

"Come to think of it, I've never met a low-budget film-maker who doesn't find himself attracted to redheads at some stage in his career:
http://www.stranduk.co.uk/education/product_info.php?product_id=107"

Tsk, Tsk! What a pretentious firm Strand Lighting is. Fancy spelling 'Gaffer' as 'Gaffa'! You'd be better dealing with Samuelsons (if they're still in business, that is; after all, I'm awfully old!)

For a' that an' a' that,
Long enough? Not really, Grandbabe ....  [message #33699 is a reply to message #33690] Mon, 17 July 2006 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

... hey, get your mind out of the gutter! - I'm talking about he length of your POST. You need to multiply by three before you'll give me any real competition!

Seriously, though, I had a friend called Andy when I was in Scouts, in my mid teens. Alas, he was str8 as a die, but a good mate, nonetheless. He had white-blond curly hair, a gorgeous, fresh-complexioned face, a figure to die for and (I happen to know!) impeccable large-scale plumbing. And he hated it. His brother, a year younger, was cute, but not outstandingly so, and Andy was always envious of him. His problem was that girls (and to some extent boys) milled around him like bees at a honeypot, but they all seemed to want him for what he looked like, rather than for what he was. All he wanted was a decent relationship based on mutual liking and respect, but he was over 30, with a receding hairline, before he found it. Curiously enough, although his eventual partner was a gorgeous girl, none of their three children were especially cute. I guess he was happy for them!

I've known other super-attractive guys in my time, and some have been prats (class one, with bar!). But an average-looking guy can become 'the one' once you discover his personality, and the same is presumably true of a gorgeous hunk. Don't dismiss anyone on first impressions. Brian, keep scoping the Mall - and next time you see him, ask the way to the food court!

For a' that an' a' that,
Re: Why are boys so cute and good looking?  [message #73613 is a reply to message #33640] Fri, 10 November 2017 23:01 Go to previous message
Boysarefree is currently offline  Boysarefree

Getting started

It's  jujust  one  of  th Things.  You  must  be quite  good  looking  yourself  if if you  find  oth people  staring  at  you 
Previous Topic: LGBT school for Manchester, UK ?
Next Topic: News pornography
Goto Forum: