A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???
Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58023] Thu, 23 July 2009 10:41 Go to next message
Fingolfin is currently offline  Fingolfin

Likes it here

No Message Body

It is better to switch on a small light than to curse the darkness.
- Vincent Šikula, Slovak writer
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58025 is a reply to message #58023] Thu, 23 July 2009 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Busy starting a week of swine flu as far as I can tell.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58026 is a reply to message #58025] Thu, 23 July 2009 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

What???? He's got the virus??? I hope he's fine.... How about his last year accident?

Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58027 is a reply to message #58026] Thu, 23 July 2009 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The virus is just a pain. He'll be fine in a week. The fingers are permanently damaged but not disablingly so

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58032 is a reply to message #58027] Fri, 24 July 2009 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

That permanent damage is something I do not like to see.... Is he capable of living "normally". I mean self-sufficiently? I hope he is.

Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58035 is a reply to message #58032] Fri, 24 July 2009 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Oh totally, they are just never going to be 100% again.

Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58044 is a reply to message #58035] Fri, 24 July 2009 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

I do hope he heals well, I do miss his last story 'Starfish" I think it was.
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58049 is a reply to message #58027] Fri, 24 July 2009 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimarvalc is currently offline  dimarvalc

Getting started

I'm sure he will be OK. The virus is being treated here in the US, and as long as he takes care of not infecting anybody else with it, and he takes care of himself (taking his medicine and not letting it get a hold of him), he will be like new in no time, plus immune to it.

About his fingers, yeah. Once bones or cartilages are damaged, they never go back to what they were before. I'm very glad and relieved to know that he is not disabled by it, and that he is maybe currently living a "normal" life, after that painful experience.

I hope he writes in the future more of his stories and, who knows, maybe even letting us know how he is doing from time to time.

Thanks for letting us know, Timmy.

"We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are, - One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Ulysses by Tennyson
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58050 is a reply to message #58049] Fri, 24 July 2009 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

This thread answers a great deal that fellow story readers over at Jeffsfortboard have been concerned about.

I had tried unsucessfully to email you Timmy to ask the same thing, and have been asked to put the question: 'Is his email address still working?' since no one has had a reply at all.

Our young (relatively) Grasshopper has many fans at The Fort and elsewhere of course, and one or ten, myself included, were somewhat distressed not to have had much news in what must be a year now, and especially recently.
Has he STILL got writer's block? Oh dear.

Mike.
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #58052 is a reply to message #58050] Sat, 25 July 2009 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

His email address is working. It seems he may not be at the other end, though

Re: - A means of writing if he can't type  [message #58054 is a reply to message #58027] Sat, 25 July 2009 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnleeb is currently offline  johnleeb

Toe is in the water

Google Voice (currently only in the US) has a record and transcribe feature for voice mail. That leaves a potential for speaking stories in which can then be received as transcribed messages.

They would need editing, and I'm sure there would be lots of volunteers to help with that, including myself.
Re: - A means of writing if he can't type  [message #58056 is a reply to message #58054] Sat, 25 July 2009 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think it's the inspiration that's the problem Smile

icon5.gif Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #64791 is a reply to message #58023] Wed, 10 November 2010 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeeton is currently offline  zeeton

Getting started

I wish that Grasshopper could verbally transcribe the last chapters of "Starfish" somehow. This story is becoming one of those great uncompleted works of web writers we see so much of in other places.
Grasshopper's brilliant talent is very much missed and to this day I have always wished life would take him on a gentle path to happeness.
We miss you , Grasshopper and are in our thoughts still in 2010.
Kindest Regards ...Zeeton Smile
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #64792 is a reply to message #64791] Wed, 10 November 2010 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It looks very much as if life has intervened.

The stories are, pretty much, complete. The only real thing to do is to link JHS up with Gabriel's story and finish that. But it serves pretty well as it stands.

Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #64817 is a reply to message #64791] Fri, 12 November 2010 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

The word on another forum is that Grasshopper tried writing after recovering from surgery on his fingers but was unsatisfied with everything he did. So he has put aside his keyboard for the foreseeable future. A sad day for all of us Grasshopper fans.

JimB
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #64819 is a reply to message #64817] Fri, 12 November 2010 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Actually he comes from the planet Xtum, and has always found it hard to assume human shape.

Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #66816 is a reply to message #58023] Wed, 02 May 2012 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mysteries_abound is currently offline  mysteries_abound

Getting started

Hello all, I know it's been a while since the last messages on this thread, but, alas, I am a newcomer. I love Grasshopper's stories and have basically read through Just Hit Send along with its various offshoots all through Just One Starfish in the last couple of days, and I just wanted a few things cleared up. Does Starfish truly end like that or am I missing something? Also, I can't find anywhere if there is some sort of order that is recommended that I follow for all of the rest of the stories. Or even if they are all connected, and I can't even manage to find some minimal plot summaries anywhere to help me out. Goodreads is not being helpful at in that regard..... :frown: I understand that the author has gone through some difficulties in the past years, but I am unsure of the situation at present. Thank you all so much for the info. :)
Re: Any news about Jamie aka Grasshopper???  [message #66817 is a reply to message #66816] Wed, 02 May 2012 07:49 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Pretty much start at the top of the page and head for the bottom. That works on all our story pages.

Grasshopper intended to link all stories with the Just Hit Send characters in them together in a final set of chapters but somehow doing that eluded him

We don't do plot summaries Smile We like it when a reader dives in and discovers something almost by accident.

Previous Topic: Bisexuality - Is it Real?
Next Topic: The $$$ Power of Prayer
Goto Forum: