A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > True talent
True talent  [message #65642] Sat, 30 April 2011 20:09 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Can't embed this because it is disabled. Ignore any up front advert, and get to one minute in!

http://youtu.be/KzUl2eiKx5E

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif Re: True talent  [message #65643 is a reply to message #65642] Sat, 30 April 2011 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

In a word? Brilliant!
icon14.gif Re: True talent  [message #65647 is a reply to message #65642] Sun, 01 May 2011 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

It is stunning to see someone this young achieve a moment of glory. I agree with the judges, he will be someone to watch grow up and develop this talent.

But he took a risk and came out the winner, at least with a performance that would be shunned by most boys that age. Is he gay? Perhaps, but at his age he seems to have a supportive family and the world doesn't need to know his personal business. He is a lucky kid.

That smile, the tears...these are things I will recall throughout the day when I think: Ain't life grand!

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2011 11:16]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
icon9.gif Re: True talent  [message #65655 is a reply to message #65647] Mon, 02 May 2011 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaycracker is currently offline  jaycracker

Likes it here

Cute kid, nice strong voice. But for how long? Nature's cruel trick will hit him in a couple of years or maybe less.

Mike.g
(CW)
Re: True talent  [message #65656 is a reply to message #65655] Mon, 02 May 2011 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

My voice never broke. And no, I'm not a soprano. His and my pre-puberty voice are similar, except that he can sing.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: True talent  [message #65666 is a reply to message #65656] Tue, 03 May 2011 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Very good. I was polar opposite of this boy: chubby, introverted and a late bloomer. I feel his talent will be just as good with a deep voice.

Raymundo
icon14.gif Re: True talent  [message #65669 is a reply to message #65647] Tue, 03 May 2011 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Two thumbs up, Chris! I agree with every word you said & couldn't have put it better.

The kids i know wouldn't chose that song - and couldn't do it anyway.

Just brilliant!

Thanks timmy, now i've got a new addiction.

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
icon13.gif Re: True talent  [message #65693 is a reply to message #65642] Wed, 04 May 2011 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Perhaps we as a society are too open with our feelings and do not take into consideration that others may disagree.

So here Timmy has posted a nice young lad just brimming with talent. The YouTube video posting has gathered 1300 dislikes for this performance, and since the comments section has been disabled I have no doubt what they are saying.

Not that I think Ronan should care what the haters think, they do the same thing to that Justin kid. I would suggest his best form of revenge would be to win this competition, put the money in the bank and then go on to great success in the music business.

YouTube always gives us a fine display of hateful nonsense speech. It only proves that we do not spend enough money on curing mental illness...but hey, at least we know where to find all the crazies.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2011 20:22]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: True talent  [message #65694 is a reply to message #65693] Wed, 04 May 2011 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I've noticed that the Justin Beiber camp hates Cody Simpson and vice versa. And comments of "I hate you I hate you" are prevalent from either camp on either camp's pages.

Ronan has a facebook page where silly little girls are saying "You are so cute" and other crap.

None of these kids (and JB and CS are pale by comparison to Ronan) have their talent commented on much, if at all.

Re: True talent  [message #65696 is a reply to message #65694] Wed, 04 May 2011 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Oh yes, the frustration level is out there. It makes me wonder, is "I hate you" the new "That's so gay?"

It all comes from the adolescent mind, which we all know isn't quite formed yet and still seeking validation. While girls may hate Justin Bieber it is only because they love him or the image he portrays...and of course can't have him.

I don't know what excuse boys have for saying that, jealousy is the only thing that comes to mind. I don't think that is valid in the sexual sense. JB is watched so completely I would imagine the average male teenager has a better chance with girls than he does.

There are many wannabe's of this ilk since everyone wants a ride on the money train. Cody Simpson comes to mind, but perhaps there is more to that boy. I don't know much about him.

Cody is on tour with Greyson Chance at the moment and most of the buzz about Greyson is that he is the real talent for this year. The 13 year old Greyson is a first rate musician and song writer, unlike the others who have "people" for that.

But Greyson is enduring that "hate" theme as well and being called gay at every turn. If all the young talent out there does grow up to be gay what does that say about us? I doubt if JB or CS will be on that list, they aren't talented enough, but I don't hate them.

Give it a few years and perhaps we'll see a tour of Greyson and Ronan. Now that I would pay to see!

Re: True talent  [message #65698 is a reply to message #65696] Thu, 05 May 2011 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Today the facebook crap is about Ronan's sexuality. Apart from the simple fact that he gets what he's given, why do they care? It looks like "Let's destroy this kid before he's some sort of a threat to us" and they're arguing about a 12 year old boy's sexuality. Well, except the girl who wants to marry him!

And that came from a newspaper article post that has nothing to do with anything except the lad and his singing: http://tinyurl.com/6ast4uf These people are scary.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2011 07:05]

Re: True talent  [message #65727 is a reply to message #65642] Tue, 10 May 2011 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Those with Facebook access can see how well this lad's team is running his publicity campaign: http://www.facebook.com/RonanParkeFanPage

I'm a bit unsure of the "post a new cuteums picture every day" thing, but I suppose they know what they are doing.

Re: True talent  [message #65826 is a reply to message #65642] Mon, 30 May 2011 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WIkjasLRNI
Ronan is through to the final.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2011 22:27]

icon4.gif Re: True talent BGT's Ronan Parke Comes In 2nd  [message #65840 is a reply to message #65642] Sat, 04 June 2011 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Scot Singer Jai McDowall is the shock winner of ITV's Britain's Got Talent.
The 24-year-old support worker, from Ayrshire in Scotland, overcame his nerves to beat odds on favourite Ronan Parke into second place.
Oh Come On!  [message #65843 is a reply to message #65840] Sun, 05 June 2011 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Jai who? How did Ronan not win? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHExG74lMM (no embeding again).

This boy is all-but perfect!

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Oh Come On!  [message #65844 is a reply to message #65843] Sun, 05 June 2011 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Coming second is fine. Susan Boyle came second. The lad will do just fine Smile

Jai has a decent enough voice for musicals, but that's as far as it goes. He, too, is a nice bloke, but the public seems to like adult winners.

icon7.gif A rising star....  [message #65845 is a reply to message #65844] Sun, 05 June 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Methinks Ronan Parke is just at the beginning of his career, and what a marvelous way to start. Second place at his age....astounding!

I had a swim coach tell me years ago there is really little difference between first, second and third place, it was only a matter of time.

Ronan only needs time to grow into that huge voice. BGT may just be a small platform for all these performers, giving them exposure to a new audience, and a chance to sing for the Queen. But the Queen isn't in the talent business and those who are have already seen the potential in one small boy who can sing his heart out in front of millions.

I haven't heard a voice like this since Declan Galbraith hit the charts a decade ago. Ronan Parke will create his own star and we'll be watching. Smile

Re: Oh Come On!  [message #65849 is a reply to message #65844] Mon, 06 June 2011 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Well, I have to say that dramatic musicals are pretty much where it is at for me.
I think Jai would do wonderful in lead rolls in any Rodgers and Hammerstein show.

I agree with the idea that younger talent should be exposed on the Got Talent quests, but not necessarily win just because the are young.
The young 'cute' factor is something that can steal the prize from the older deserving artist.

I'd like to see a separate show, like "Got young talent", for those under 16, or at least a young talent section title winner, leaving winning the big prize for the adults (over 16.)
Surely we could find a sponsor who could provide the means for the young winner to further their careers.

Ronan deserves to be encouraged and carefully trained to develop his voice.
Jai deserves the opportunity to explore a career as an adult entertainer that winning will give him.

I suspect the real winners with these Got Talent shows are in fact the wider public audiences who hitherto have never been exposed to the wealth of artistry and talent that all these performers are providing.

That in turn should create work in all aspects of the arts and its accompanying crafts and technologies.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Re: Oh Come On!  [message #66946 is a reply to message #65849] Mon, 06 August 2012 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

is rather fun

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2012 18:21]

Doing well, looking hot, sounding... camp  [message #67945 is a reply to message #65642] Wed, 28 August 2013 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Re: Doing well, looking hot, sounding... camp  [message #67949 is a reply to message #67945] Thu, 29 August 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStig is currently offline  TheStig

Getting started

Well as a musician I'd like to say that this kid is for sure going somewhere.  This kid has an incredible understanding of the use of vibrato.  Singers rarely just sing something but put a touch of flair on anything held longer than about a half second.  And this kid is very good at the "wiggle" that creates that effect.  Having a excellent voice doesn't hurt either heh
Re: Doing well, looking hot, sounding... camp  [message #68009 is a reply to message #67945] Wed, 25 September 2013 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://ronanparke.com/a-slightly-different-interview/ is reinforcing the campness. But so sweet!

Re: Doing well, looking hot, sounding... camp  [message #68010 is a reply to message #68009] Wed, 25 September 2013 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Kenneth Williams would have been proud of him.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Doing well, looking hot, sounding... camp  [message #68011 is a reply to message #68010] Thu, 26 September 2013 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think Liberace woudl have been proud of him!

Re: Doing well, looking hot, sounding... camp  [message #68012 is a reply to message #68011] Fri, 27 September 2013 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Oh my!

People have been saying it ever since he appeared on that stage, but the boy MUST be gay! And good for him too. Let's hope he continues to be himself.

And if he is acting, as the comments say, then that's good too - musicals are probably where his future lies.

cheers
Strong message  [message #68225 is a reply to message #68012] Fri, 27 December 2013 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This is a message I wish I could have heard when I was Ronan's age. He would have been a role model for me, as well as being the stuff my dreams would have been made of

Re: Strong message  [message #68227 is a reply to message #68225] Sat, 28 December 2013 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Nice work, and good message. A song that's not about sex and money, too. Seems like most pop songs now lean that way. The ones I get tricked into hearing anyway.
His voice has deepened a bit, I think. Maybe he'll keep firm control of it.
He's sure gonna be a stunner. If this was the eighties and I was a kid again I'd be an adoring closet fan for sure. I'd like to think if I was a kid today, I'd be an open fan.

raysstories.com
Re: Strong message  [message #68228 is a reply to message #68227] Sat, 28 December 2013 12:13 Go to previous message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

I agree, his deeper voice is richer and sounds as if it will carry him through into an adult career. He really is an impressive talent. His uber-camp style off-stage in the past year may not have been to everyone's taste, but... it shows a complete disregard for hurtful criticism and if he is only doing it for that that reason then it shows a degree of studied contempt for the trolls that one really has to admire.

But... his voice on stage? I love it, so rich and expressive... wonderful!
Previous Topic: Happy Christmas Timmy
Next Topic: Relentless
Goto Forum: