A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Solstice
The Solstice  [message #66888] Wed, 20 June 2012 00:07 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Nigel is, unfortunately, otherwise occupied so - tomorrow morning, 21 June, at 11.08am NZST the June Solstice will happen and the sun starts coming back down here, where it belongs!

Enjoy the Summer while you've got it up there - we're totally sick of Winter.

cheers
Re: The Solstice  [message #66889 is a reply to message #66888] Wed, 20 June 2012 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

OH I say and not a day too soon :D I miss my G'nT by the pool :}
Re: The Solstice  [message #66892 is a reply to message #66888] Thu, 21 June 2012 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Hey, Nigel, What's up?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Solstice  [message #66893 is a reply to message #66892] Thu, 21 June 2012 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hi Timmy!

Ten days ago my father suffered a brain haemorrhage and on the unlikely chance that he survives he will need nursing care for the rest of his life and hate it.  He has also contracted pneumonia.  He can't communicate and today he did not recognise me apart from a five minute window.  I am his only close relation.  If he makes it to the 4 July he will be 91.  On the positive side he is getting the best of attention and despite the doctors' strike his doctor was on duty and came to see him.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: The Solstice  [message #66895 is a reply to message #66893] Fri, 22 June 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Best of wishes for your father, and yourself. Wish I could send you strength and positivity in actuality, but you will have to make do with my intangible versions.
And give his doctor a firm handshake from me. There's one who's in it for the right reasons.
Re: The Solstice  [message #66899 is a reply to message #66893] Fri, 22 June 2012 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

May the outcome be the right one, whatever that is, and may it happen swiftly so that either he recovers well or he doesn't linger and suffer.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Solstice  [message #66904 is a reply to message #66888] Mon, 25 June 2012 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

You mean the temperature has dropped WAY down to... what, +5 or so Kiwi??? That's still barbeque weather here in Canada! Smile
Re: The Solstice  [message #66908 is a reply to message #66904] Mon, 25 June 2012 20:31 Go to previous message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

5 degrees? Luxury! It's 3 degrees here - that might not be cold for you but is for us, and we all know how insanely cold Canada gets. Dunno why you stay there in the wintertime.

Wednesday 2 weeks ago we had the coldest day ever since records began 130 years ago - even had snow in the front yard, first time ever here by the beach - it was awful. (It does snow inland from here - dunno why the silly beggars live there either)

cheers
Previous Topic: We were down, down, deeper and down
Next Topic: Gremlins?
Goto Forum: