A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > PLEASE HELP!!!!!
 () 2 Votes
PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66890] Wed, 20 June 2012 23:39 Go to next message
I am a fifteen year old male teenager. Don't know my sexual orientation yet but that doesn't matter now. THE PROBLEM IS: I've read your self-exploratin text and I tried the candle thing as well. It felt awesome so I did it a few more times. But then i read the HIV risk factors - Inserting objects not designed for anal or vaginal purposes - was red. I don't understand. Is it possible that I get infected somehow??? PLEASE ANSWER SOMEONE!!!!
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66891 is a reply to message #66890] Thu, 21 June 2012 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's a reasonable question, and asking it is a good and wise thing. You've illustrated how bad sex education is at school because it failed to cover things like this.

Unless an infection was already present on any item you use then it is safe. It cannot suddenly be created out of nowhere. You cannot be infected unless you have shared a sex toy with an infected person and done so very soon after they have used it. 

The 'insertion of objects not designed...' is because they can be sharp and cause cuts or abrasions. Following that with sex with an infected person increases the risk of transmission.

So, let's set your mind at rest. Your candle out of your box of candles, used only by you equals zero risk of infection. None. No risk at all. Carry on learning to enjoy your body with care and have fun Smile

As for orientation, that will clear over time. While it;s all working itself out, be who you are and have fun, and always have PROTECTED sex when someone else is involved.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66894 is a reply to message #66890] Fri, 22 June 2012 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

I agree with Timmy, as would anyone else. You cannot get HIV from a candle unless someone with HIV used it just before you did. Or from anything else you might use. lol
Always be careful and use some common sense, as well. You don't want to visit any clinics having to explain why something is stuck somewhere, or how you injured yourself.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 June 2012 11:54]

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66897 is a reply to message #66894] Fri, 22 June 2012 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm really pleased to have got this question. I wish school sex ed classes were better. Kids who want to know more interesting thongs can;t get the answers there.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66900 is a reply to message #66897] Fri, 22 June 2012 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JoeWriterMan is currently offline  JoeWriterMan

Getting started

A word of caution: do NOT light the candle while it is in or near the anal opening ... methane gas (fart gas) is highly flammable!

JWM
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66901 is a reply to message #66891] Sat, 23 June 2012 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for the response Timmy. If I haven't read this I would propably die because of worries and awful thoughts. :D
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66902 is a reply to message #66901] Sat, 23 June 2012 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We can worry ourselves into an early grave. My life is full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never actually happened.

This forum is a great place to ask the questions you can't ask anyone else. Sure, we may tease you a bit, but so what? I'm glad you came here and found it useful Smile. Someone here will always know the answer.

icon14.gif Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66903 is a reply to message #66902] Sun, 24 June 2012 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

This thread is why I wish there was a "like" button, because this is the sort of thing I appreciate about this forum, this site, and the people on it. However, since there is none available, I shall have to add my own and suffice with the "thumbs up" icon. 

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1629&private=0
  • Attachment: LIKE.jpg
    (Size: 47.66KB, Downloaded 1021 times)
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66905 is a reply to message #66903] Mon, 25 June 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Thumbs up! Speaking of things you can . . . uh, nevermind.
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66907 is a reply to message #66903] Mon, 25 June 2012 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There is a RATE THREAD option at the foot Smile

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66911 is a reply to message #66907] Tue, 26 June 2012 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I never saw that before! I like that too. I guess I am still digging around learning the new system Smile
Ooops my fault  [message #66915 is a reply to message #66890] Sat, 30 June 2012 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

OOOPS Sorry, I was killing some spam accounts and I nuked yours by finger trouble. Nothing perosnal. Apologies. Feel free to recreate it!

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!  [message #66966 is a reply to message #66891] Mon, 27 August 2012 16:44 Go to previous message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

On top of what you have already said he can be assured that even if there had been some use by some one that did happen to be infected it would be extremely unlikely that the virus would be passed along if any amount of time had passed since its use. So unless someone takes it right out and you use it immediately there would be (some) risk, which by all means is unacceptable.  
I need add that the information is out there and should be sought out by ANYONE that is sexually active. There are so many new and old viral and bacterial infections that are as yet or have become untreatable that everyone needs to be fully informed cuz there is stuff coming down the road that you would almost have to wear a full body condom to prevent infection.  I know this may sounds like an overstatement but... We shall see!
BTW this article by Michael Bouldin at "AlterNet .org will be worth a read for any, gay or bi, sexually active person. I don't know how much these numbers referred to may apply in the UK.

Peace
Previous Topic: Look what I got as a load of crap spam
Next Topic: Bigotry
Goto Forum: