A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Equinox
Equinox  [message #67011] Wed, 19 September 2012 08:16 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hi Kiwi!

On Saturday, 22 September, we northerners will be be loaning you southerners the sun for six months when it will appear to cross the Equator at 14.49 hrs GMT/UTC.  This will happen off the northern coast of Brazil.
Use it well.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Equinox  [message #67014 is a reply to message #67011] Thu, 20 September 2012 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Well good!

Thank you, Sir - not before time either. (not too sure about that word 'loaning' though)

cheers
Re: Equinox  [message #67015 is a reply to message #67011] Fri, 21 September 2012 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Ugh. Again?
Every time we get it back up here we have to spend the first few weeks of spring wiping the sticky Fosters residue off it.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 September 2012 02:51]

raysstories.com
Re: Equinox  [message #67016 is a reply to message #67015] Fri, 21 September 2012 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Are you sure that's Fosters? Wink

It's not us btw, it's our rowdy http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1633&private=0neighbours!
  • Attachment: meanwhile.jpg
    (Size: 12.38KB, Downloaded 568 times)
Re: Equinox  [message #67017 is a reply to message #67016] Fri, 21 September 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

It already feels like winter here in Worcester! I've had my thermal long-johns for a fortnight or more - since my annual boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads near the start of the month, in fact.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Equinox  [message #67022 is a reply to message #67017] Mon, 24 September 2012 20:48 Go to previous message

Likes it here

Ta daah! http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/7723639/Godwits-fly-in-fo r-annual-Kiwi-summer-residency

They used to ring the cathedral bells to welcome them - back when we had a cathedral that is.

cheers
Previous Topic: Celebrate Bisexuality day
Next Topic: With a Piece of Chalk
Goto Forum: