A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Pubic Service Announcement
Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68194] Thu, 19 December 2013 20:31 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yes, the title is right!. This is about the benefits of masturbation.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68199 is a reply to message #68194] Fri, 20 December 2013 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Great news! Considering my frequency, I should be immune to diabetes and prostate cancer, and never get depressed!
I should also have a pelvic floor muscle that could lift a 1965 Buick!

[Updated on: Fri, 20 December 2013 05:21]

raysstories.com
Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68201 is a reply to message #68194] Fri, 20 December 2013 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

The linked article and the original on The Conversation website are indeed amusing, but personally I'd class them as speculation rather than science. Although I do believe that masturbation is good for me as long as it's not excessive (e.g. to the point of causing friction burns!) there is no research quoted in the article to back up that belief. So unfortunately I couldn't use the article as evidence to justify one of my favourite hobbies.

Indeed, with 94% of men admitting to masturbation and probably more doing it but not admitting it, such research would be difficult because it would be very hard to find a big enough  'control group' of non-masturbators for valid comparisons. It would appear that the authors have taken the benefits of having sex and extrapolated those benefits to masturbation. That may or may not be true, but it is only speculation.

Some scientists and many doctors over the decades have presented their opinions as fact. Often those opinions change with time and things recommended in one decade (e.g. smoking or certain dietary supplements) are found to be harmful a couple of decades later. So masturbate because it's fun, it makes you feel good, and it does no harm but don't use such speculations and opinions as a reason for doing it.  Smile
Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68202 is a reply to message #68201] Fri, 20 December 2013 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I can say that I have spent my life diligently pursuing this prophylactic measure against type 2 diabetes, but, despite assiduous attention to detail, I was diagnosed with it some years ago. I've chosen to continue in case it helps to ward off the ill effects, though. Love some of the idiot comments on their forum.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68212 is a reply to message #68202] Mon, 23 December 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I must combat the horrible lies within that video and this post with the documented truth!!!
http://smokr.net/raysstories/images/worst-sin.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 23 December 2013 07:18]

raysstories.com
Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68214 is a reply to message #68212] Mon, 23 December 2013 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I suspect they confused masturbation with tuberculosis! They share some of the same letters. 

[Updated on: Mon, 23 December 2013 08:44]

Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68215 is a reply to message #68214] Mon, 23 December 2013 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Tuberculosis, masturbation, what's the difference? LOL
And with school the way the are now, most couldn't read either word.
Common Core. Ugh.

raysstories.com
Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68217 is a reply to message #68215] Tue, 24 December 2013 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Oh my!  Says he, rolling all over the floor, laughing himself silly.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Re: Pubic Service Announcement  [message #68218 is a reply to message #68217] Tue, 24 December 2013 12:40 Go to previous message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

They didnt show us precisely what it was he was doing that caused his problem... without clear evidence how can we judge... pictures we need pictures.

Actually there is some interesting conclusions to be drawn from the original  Diabetes News article, or rather the comments that follow... has anyone done research into the apparent correlation between T2 diabetes and early-onset illiteracy?

Previous Topic: Whoops!
Next Topic: Happy Christmas Timmy
Goto Forum: