A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > It has been a decade now
It has been a decade now  [message #68243] Wed, 08 January 2014 20:30 Go to next message
Blumoogle is currently offline  Blumoogle

Likes it here

It has been a decade now since I first created an account on this site. I've not been very active for a long time, but I still lurk occasionally. I remember making my first gay friend on this site. I remember coming out, if only to myself, through the help of this site. I was 14 then, and I will be 24 soon. So I should say thank you. You guys don't know what you meant to me, and still mean in a nostalgic way. Perhaps facebook gets more visits from me nowadays, but iomfats will always remain a part of my history and shaped who I am today. Just thought you guys should know that. Love and cookies. Dewald
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #68244 is a reply to message #68243] Thu, 09 January 2014 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Another success story.
Smile
GJ Timmy!
Keep on lovin' and giving out those cookies, Blu

raysstories.com
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #68246 is a reply to message #68243] Fri, 10 January 2014 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

I'm sure Timmy deserves all you said. He is a great friend and inspiration. It's great when someone says so.

Kudos Dewald.
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #68250 is a reply to message #68243] Mon, 13 January 2014 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I was just thinking of you and you posted. Serendipity, probably. It's great to be thanked, and I thank you for it. The site and the friends you met did a lot and you did the rest. What would be great is to pay it forward.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #68270 is a reply to message #68243] Mon, 20 January 2014 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

Wow! It has been a decade ever since I also created an account here (I'm 26 now). Frankly, I'm surprised I still remember my log in info Smile

Anyways, I too, would like to say thank you. When I found this site, I was a gay kid (15) trying to survive high school. I found the site by accident and I immediately fell in love with the stories. I would stay up late reading the stories.

One day, after having read "Just Hit Send", I emailed the author about how much I related to his story. After a couple email exchanges he told me about the forum and the rest is history. Lets just say that it didn't take much for this site/forum to became a big part of my life throughout my late teens.

Found the first post I ever made in this forum. Even though it was not made under the account "M", I know this is the correct entry because the people who replied called me by name "Miguel". 

The post reads:

"Quote:"

Well, what can i say? I'm new to this and i don't really know what to write here. I do know one think, smith has recomended that i should come here in case i have any questions. I just hope to meet new people and have a nice conversation.

Thank you smith for telling about this place
great story too.

- Thur, 06 March 2003 (message #8242)Thsfaf008, 06 March 2003 03:13 (Message #8242) 

I love that I can still read my old posts. They bring back so many memories. A piece of me will always live here. 

Thank you Timmy!

M.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 January 2014 08:21]

Re: It has been a decade now  [message #68271 is a reply to message #68270] Mon, 20 January 2014 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

What neither of you say is, broadly, what you are doing now. Don't out yourselves, but give us a clue at least about how your lives are running?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #72391 is a reply to message #68243] Mon, 02 January 2017 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blumoogle is currently offline  Blumoogle

Likes it here

Time flies.

I became a member in 2004,oh those many years ago. I have almost forgotten about the site, but i still remember my login duties. Ive past high school, university, got a few jobs and left a few jobs, was a rentboy for a while, been out of the closet to everyone except for family for years, explored and continue to explore life and sex, but haven't settled down to a single really serious relationship ever despite having perhaps more casual encounters or simply friends with benefits than I advise if you want love. Life is hard, but there are many moments of fun, and being myself sometimes induces scorn, envy, confusion and despair in people. Yet we persevere.

And as the board enters its twenties, know that the twenties are the age when all the fun stuff happens before the thirties start to loom ahead. But that too shall pass.

We persevere.
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #72392 is a reply to message #72391] Mon, 02 January 2017 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am glad you are still with us, even though you drop by occasionally only. The door is never locked. Not to the good guys.

Re: It has been a decade now  [message #72544 is a reply to message #68243] Sat, 11 February 2017 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Hey D and M,

I remember those days. We were all united by a single bond despite being scattered all over the globe.

Doing a bit of a stalk of my old posts... The more we change the more we stay the same, eh...

I'm in a over-analytical melancholy now, reading posts from 14 years ago where I'd get in the same moods and post similar things. And I'm still as confused as ever about where to take my life in the future. But that's me and over-thinking.

To be honest things are going quite well and in general I'm quite stable. Despite having gone through some pretty rough times over the last little bit. We soldier on.
Re: It has been a decade now  [message #73135 is a reply to message #68243] Sat, 05 August 2017 11:54 Go to previous message
Foggy is currently offline  Foggy

Getting started

Want soft oat meal cocolate chp cookies with rasin pulp
Previous Topic: Pope eases off on pedo priests
Next Topic: July 1967 was a momentous year for the UK
Goto Forum: