A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Anti-Gay Olympics are open
The Anti-Gay Olympics are open  [message #68303] Fri, 07 February 2014 16:37 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The Lotus Formula 1 team wished the athletes well.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2014 16:40]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Anti-Gay Olympics are open  [message #68304 is a reply to message #68303] Fri, 07 February 2014 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PeterSJC is currently offline  PeterSJC

Toe is in the water

Today's Google logo (what you see at http://www.google.com) is awesome. For those of you who don't get there before it changes, it depicts Winter Olympic sports on rainbow colors. Thanks, Google!
Re: The Anti-Gay Olympics are open  [message #68305 is a reply to message #68304] Fri, 07 February 2014 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

I almost didn't notice the caption at the Google site. Below where you enter the search information, it reads:

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." Olympic Charter

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2014 20:12]

Re: The Anti-Gay Olympics are open  [message #68307 is a reply to message #68305] Fri, 07 February 2014 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1661&private=0

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Anti-Gay Olympics are open  [message #68308 is a reply to message #68303] Sat, 08 February 2014 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toe is in the water

Timmy, can you summarize what the Lotus team said or did? As of 01:55 GMT on Saturday 8 February, the page you linked did not exist.

peter
Re: The Anti-Gay Olympics are open  [message #68309 is a reply to message #68308] Sat, 08 February 2014 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Quote:"
PeterSJC wrote on Sat, 08 February 2014 01:57Timmy, can you summarize what the Lotus team said or did? As of 01:55 GMT on Sa

--
I should have taken a screen shot. They presented a picture of two young men kissing and wished all athletes well.

As far as I can make out, they have stated that it was an unauthorised tweet:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1662&private=0

The report is here.

A small shitstorm has broken out with Lotus's apology
http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1663&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2014 02:22]

A Winter Anthem  [message #68310 is a reply to message #68303] Sun, 09 February 2014 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

UK's Channel 4's approach!

BBC's commentator is openly gay  [message #68325 is a reply to message #68303] Fri, 14 February 2014 19:58 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

We've sent Clare Balding. Like Marmite, one loves or hates her. She's a decent soul, good commentator and happily out as a lesbian lady. And she's pretty much a national treasure in the sports commentary world.

Previous Topic: Hello people of IOMFATS!
Next Topic: Outage
Goto Forum: