A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A short film in Portuguese
icon14.gif A short film in Portuguese  [message #68378] Wed, 12 March 2014 19:58 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This has English (and other) subtitles, if you turn them on.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A short film in Portuguese  [message #68381 is a reply to message #68378] Thu, 13 March 2014 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

That was neat! I'm going to have to look for the film! I'd definitely rent it, buy it if it isn't too high.

raysstories.com
Re: A short film in Portuguese  [message #68383 is a reply to message #68381] Thu, 13 March 2014 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

IMDB:

Lacuna Filmes:

I went looking for "purchase" information, discovering that whilst the Lacuna Filmes, the production company, is featuring a trailer for the film on the aforementioned "official" web-site, it would appear they have, in addition, posted the complete film at YouTube, as Timmy has discovered.

This is not uncommon amongst the independent film makers, especially with their experimental/short-filmed subjects; but, it is unusual that the production company would not directly link to it from their home-page, rather than feature the trailer.

Their YouTube account, in addition to several other promotional teasers, links to their earlier production of the award-winning film Café com Leite.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Addendum:

Further research has discovered that the link to the trailer is for their forthcoming release of the full-length feature-film which they have based upon the content of the short-filmed subject.

This is interesting, as the only other examples of this paradigm that I'm aware of are the American short-filmed subject "Dare" and the Canadian short-filmed subject "Verona".

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2014 13:50]

Re: A short film in Portuguese  [message #68384 is a reply to message #68383] Fri, 14 March 2014 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Interesting film, and the fact it's subtitled helps a lot as I'm deaf.

Bit surprised at the camera errors though for something that is otherwise well made. (Too light when a window is in shot - curtains nicely exposed, people further in, overexposed).
Re: A short film in Portuguese  [message #68422 is a reply to message #68378] Sun, 23 March 2014 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Excellent film!... though short. Thanks for that!

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: A short film in Portuguese  [message #68440 is a reply to message #68378] Mon, 31 March 2014 11:53 Go to previous message
Banister is currently offline  Banister

Getting started

It really is a nice short film and I can't wait to see the full-length version.
Previous Topic: Legs
Next Topic: A little smile I stumbled across ...
Goto Forum: