A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > LAST WILL etc.
 () 1 Vote
LAST WILL etc.  [message #68508] Sun, 08 June 2014 18:17 Go to next message
idrinktea

Getting started

As I don't have any children I was thinking about who to donate my house etc to when I die.
I thought about a Gay Organisation like the Trevor Foundation.
But that's American and I live in Belgium and I'd like to give to a group that helps young gays all over Europe.
Does anyone know about any such groups in Europe.
Re: LAST WILL etc.  [message #68509 is a reply to message #68508] Tue, 10 June 2014 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

If I'd been in the USA I'd have made PFLAG my residual legatee. It is not active in the same manner in the UK, so I have chosen the Terrence Higgins Trust. I'd prefer an organisation that makes life better for LGBT kids, but my choise is limited. S onewall I dislike because they do not embrace T, so they did not make my list of possibles.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: LAST WILL etc.  [message #68511 is a reply to message #68509] Fri, 13 June 2014 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
idrinktea

Getting started

The trusts you mentioned are UK based only.
As I live in Europe I'd like something that helps gay children here too.
Plus it would need to be a European registered charity not just in the UK otherwise it would have to pay taxes on the Leg.

Thanks for answering though...
Re: LAST WILL etc.  [message #68512 is a reply to message #68511] Fri, 13 June 2014 18:44 Go to previous message
Marius is currently offline  Marius

Getting started

I did a Google search for Belgium LGBT.  Perhaps one of these groups can help you find an organization like the Trevor Project.
http://brussels.angloinfo.com/information/family/lgbt/
Previous Topic: Letter from camp
Next Topic: The Solstice
Goto Forum: