A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Solstice
The Solstice  [message #68513] Fri, 20 June 2014 02:35 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Before we forget, the sun returns to the souther hemisphere this weekend - GMT/UTC Sat, 21 June, 05.04 hours over India, Yay!

It has been a mild winter here, so far, but the days are far too short & the sun is hiding behind the clouds, day after day.

Roll on Summer!

cheers
Looking to be "All down hill" for the next six months ...  [message #68514 is a reply to message #68513] Fri, 20 June 2014 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... for everyone north of the Equator.

Bummer.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver

Addendum:  How are you feeling these days Kiwi?  I was hoping we'd get a glimpse of your either today or tomorrow.
Re: The Solstice  [message #68515 is a reply to message #68513] Fri, 20 June 2014 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

Thanks pal!

Just when we get two good days together and hope for a third to be able to call it summer, you have to remind us (in UK) that it's all downhill from here!
And then that's another year gone. It's true you know , the years go faster the older you get.

you will let us have summer back next year... Please?

cheers

Pedro
Re: The Solstice  [message #68516 is a reply to message #68513] Sat, 21 June 2014 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

I have a love hate relationship with the summer solstice. On the one hand it's peachy and rather romantic because of its long history and even longer bearded druids, but on the other it's the beginning of the downhill run to winter. Yes, I know the days are still getting warmer, and I know the fact it's getting darker won't be noticeable for several months, but I still get a tad blue for a few days.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: Looking to be "All down hill" for the next six months ...  [message #68517 is a reply to message #68514] Sat, 21 June 2014 18:20 Go to previous message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

I'm good, thanks Warren - but i do wish the doctor would stop shaking her head & smiling when she looks at me!

btw - http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/10186640/Sun-watchers-ma rk-solstice 36 thousand! There's a lot of nutters in the UK. (i like nutters)

cheers
Previous Topic: LAST WILL etc.
Next Topic: Self Assessment
Goto Forum: