A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.
A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.  [message #68637] Sat, 04 October 2014 12:22 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Maybe, just maybe, it'll touch your heart as it has mine:

http://thegaydeceiver.blogspot.ca/2014/10/just-stay.html

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Interesting...  [message #68638 is a reply to message #68637] Thu, 09 October 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

More than 150 persons have viewed this topic; and presumably may have followed the link to my personal web-blog.

Thank you.

What is most revealing in all this, is that not one of those who may have in fact read the story entitled "Just Stay" cared enough about the topic to have either left a comment on my blog or here in this thread.

I simply don't understand.  Is it me?  Am I the only one here capable of tearing up uncontrollably and weeping openly in reading such a tale?

The author of the piece (whom snopes.com attributes to Roy Popkin) has fashioned a believable and compelling narrative which, regardless of it's now "Urban Legend" cult following, has stood the test of time deserving of our serious consideration.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.  [message #68641 is a reply to message #68637] Fri, 10 October 2014 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashdaw is currently offline  Ashdaw

Toe is in the water

I liked it Warren and I am glad you posted on your blog. Smile
icon2.gif Re: A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.  [message #68652 is a reply to message #68637] Mon, 13 October 2014 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

Hi Warren
no, it's not you.
I did read, and was moved by the piece, and I thank you for drawing it to my / our attention.
However I did not comment, as I did not feel any thing I could say would enhance it.

Pedro
Re: A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.  [message #68653 is a reply to message #68637] Tue, 14 October 2014 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Thanks Pedro.

When a particular thread goes unanswered, sometimes the authors has to wonder if they've done something wrong, or not; but, because it goes without comment they never, ever, know.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Re: A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.  [message #68659 is a reply to message #68653] Sat, 18 October 2014 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Yeah, read it before. Made the rounds of email with family a few times.
It's a touching story, no doubts.

raysstories.com
Re: A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.  [message #68685 is a reply to message #68637] Wed, 29 October 2014 03:51 Go to previous message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

A wonderful story which has, most likely, taken place many times in one way or another. Thanks for posting it.
Previous Topic: I don't know when we last had a "Say hey Friday"...
Next Topic: just for fun, but the Tumble was nuked, Ah well
Goto Forum: