A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > National Coming Out Day (NCOD) fast approaches...
National Coming Out Day (NCOD) fast approaches...  [message #68639] Thu, 09 October 2014 14:53 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

You'll find my continuing thoughts on this seminal event here.

Regardless of new, and hard won, liberties LGTBQ persons now enjoy in many parts of the World, the social climate existing in much of that same World is especially toxic to those who are thought to be other than heterosexual.

The time when EQUAL MEANS EQUAL in a unified World is fast approaching; but, it has not arrived yet, and won't likely in the limited time I have left, although my two son's will live to see it as will most of the membership here.  Be patient, just as that old adage says "you can't hurry love", history has proven that you can't hurry justice either.

If you are inclined to celebrate the day, I ask that you please be careful.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 09 October 2014 15:22]

Re: National Coming Out Day (NCOD) fast approaches...  [message #68640 is a reply to message #68639] Thu, 09 October 2014 16:01 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think the main message is to come out to yourself before telling the world, and then to know why you are telling the world.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: What is a virgin?
Next Topic: Hi all
Goto Forum: