A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Bobby and Alex by Failte200
Bobby and Alex by Failte200  [message #69961] Thu, 16 July 2015 17:13 Go to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Not having time nowadays for multi-chapter novels, I was looking for short stories and found Bobby and Alex by Fialte200. 
Well, I thought it was a short story, but it turned out to be longest short story I ever read. So maybe it counts as a novella or something. Smile

Anyways, it grabbed me right away and kept me going right until the end. I highly recommend it.
The writing style is very smooth and warm. There's so much in the plot that I won't even try to review it in any detail. There is friendship, making and breaking of stereotypes, small town prejudice, etc. It also made me think about a few things, e.g.  what will people be prepared to do to 'fit in' and feel part of a group? If you do something horrible often enough, will it become easier to do, and will that be a bad thing?

Go and read it!

Kit
Re: Bobby and Alex by Failte200  [message #69962 is a reply to message #69961] Thu, 16 July 2015 19:58 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

This is a tale that had me enraptured, like you.

I so know why... Hmm, that would be a spoiler.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Sahypo's "Lucas and the Secret"
Next Topic: The Fugitive Kid and the Misfit
Goto Forum: