A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Eventide
Eventide  [message #70431] Mon, 26 October 2015 09:58 Go to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

This tale... http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/arthur/eventide/01.html ... is an absolute delight. A tale of knights and squires, it clips along at a good pace. Arthur is painting a believable world. A second chapter has been posted while I was logging in here, so I am off to read that. I strongly suggest that you follow me.
Re: Eventide  [message #70435 is a reply to message #70431] Mon, 26 October 2015 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I agree. But, of course, I would.

Go Arthur, Go Eventide!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Eventide  [message #70437 is a reply to message #70431] Tue, 27 October 2015 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Wait a sec here... a story about knights by a guy named Arthur? Forsooth!
Re: Eventide  [message #70448 is a reply to message #70437] Wed, 28 October 2015 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Quote:
ChrisR wrote on Mon, 26 October 2015 21:02Wait a sec here... a story about knights by a guy named Arthur? Forsooth!

--

Yes.  I'll admit that I did a bit of a double take myself when I first read that.
Re: Eventide  [message #70554 is a reply to message #70448] Sun, 15 November 2015 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Forsooth and Gadzooks indeed!

What pray has happened to the final chapter of this tale? The others appeared at 2 or 3 day intervals, but it has been over a week since Chapter 7 saw the light of day.
Re: Eventide  [message #70555 is a reply to message #70554] Sun, 15 November 2015 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
ivor slipper wrote on Sun, 15 November 2015 09:51Forsooth and Gadzooks indeed!

What pray has happened to the final chapter of this tale? The others appeared at 2 or 3 day intervals, but it has been over a week since Chapter 7 saw the light of day.

--
I am waiting to receive it. As soon as I have it I will add it to the very next set.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Eventide  [message #70560 is a reply to message #70555] Wed, 18 November 2015 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Sun, 15 November 2015 17:07
"Quote:"
ivor slipper wrote on Sun, 15 November 2015 09:51Forsooth and Gadzooks indeed!

What pray has happened to the final chapter of this tale? The others appeared at 2 or 3 day intervals, but it has been over a week since Chapter 7 saw the light of day.

--
I am waiting to receive it. As soon as I have it I will add it to the very next set.

--

Thanks, Timmy.

I only asked because I thought I recalled you saying a while ago that you were in future only going to accept serial stories that came to you complete and this was the second recent one which seemed to be stopping short of the terminus - Sahypo's 'The Apprentice' being the other.

Re: Eventide  [message #70561 is a reply to message #70560] Wed, 18 November 2015 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

occasionally this happens. I take assurances, those almost always work out.

Re: Eventide  [message #70568 is a reply to message #70561] Sat, 21 November 2015 11:39 Go to previous message

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Wed, 18 November 2015 13:41occasionally this happens. I take assurances, those almost always work out.

--

Pleased to see Chapter 8 has now appeared, but it would seem the author intends there to be more - good.

Previous Topic: Taming my work
Next Topic: Boy on the Towpath
Goto Forum: