A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor
BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70491] Sun, 01 November 2015 12:02 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQtt7U8WEAA_hTJ.jpg:large

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70492 is a reply to message #70491] Sun, 01 November 2015 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolyon Lewes

Toe is in the water

Dear oh dear! Fancy Radio 4 having something like that - and hours before the watershed!

We really need to do some serious analysis of their programming.

Jolyon
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70494 is a reply to message #70492] Sun, 01 November 2015 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Wow!  That was showing for the Beeb?  Amazing that.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70496 is a reply to message #70494] Mon, 02 November 2015 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

I agree with the radio... it's the best kind! Razz
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70497 is a reply to message #70496] Tue, 03 November 2015 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Yes, please!
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70502 is a reply to message #70497] Tue, 03 November 2015 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

As there are 13 characters displayed, the picture is probably the RDS radio text. This is comprised of up to 64 characters (spaces count too). The Programme Identification (PI) is short and only used as part of the RDS system, the Programme Service (PS) is only up to 8 characters, ie BBC R4, and the Programme Type is a number from 0 to 31 and a radio will carry the decoding table.

How a radio displays the radio text is not specified, so scrolling or button pushing might be used.

So it's either an unfortunate coincidence, or depending on your point of view, a fortunate one!

In the early 90s, I gave several talks on the RDS system for the BBC, but have not concerned myself with it in recent years.  
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70503 is a reply to message #70502] Tue, 03 November 2015 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Nick "
As there are 13 characters displayed, the picture is probably the RDS radio text. This is comprised of up to 64 characters (spaces count too). The Programme Identification (PI) is short and only used as part of the RDS system, the Programme Service (PS) is only up to 8 characters, ie BBC R4, and the Programme Type is a number from 0 to 31 and a radio will carry the decoding table.

How a radio displays the radio text is not specified, so scrolling or button pushing might be used.

So it's either an unfortunate coincidence, or depending on your point of view, a fortunate one!

In the early 90s, I gave several talks on the RDS system for the BBC, but have not concerned myself with it in recent years.  

--
That was quite a Rigorous Anal, Nick!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70507 is a reply to message #70503] Wed, 04 November 2015 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Yeah, speaking of being rigorously anal... LOL

raysstories.com
Re: BBC Radio 4 - The World at One - Programme descriptor  [message #70512 is a reply to message #70507] Wed, 04 November 2015 20:49 Go to previous message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Glad to please...

Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 04 November 2015 20:49]

Previous Topic: Sexual consent explained
Next Topic: I have a friend in Paris. I had two.
Goto Forum: