A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?
Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70748] Thu, 07 January 2016 18:54 Go to next message
Hugs is currently offline  Hugs

Getting started

I wanted to send him a message and it seems that it's only possible via mail (grasshopper@iomfats.org , right?). I'm new in this site and I haven't seen any posts by him or related to him, so that's not encouraging. 

Does anybody know if I can still contact with Grasshopper by mail? Will he write back? If not, is there any other alternative? 

Smile
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70749 is a reply to message #70748] Thu, 07 January 2016 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Hugs wrote on Thu, 07 January 2016 18:54"
I wanted to send him a message and it seems that it's only possible via mail (grasshopper@iomfats.org , right?). I'm new in this site and I haven't seen any posts by him or related to him, so that's not encouraging. 

Does anybody know if I can still contact with Grasshopper by mail? Will he write back? If not, is there any other alternative? 

Smile

--
I have no idea if he checks the account, nor if he will write back. I know real life has intervened and he is not online much, if at all.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70750 is a reply to message #70749] Thu, 07 January 2016 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Oh, well, thank you.

I mailed him anyways. I hope he does check e-mail.

Any information about his life, about those hand injuries? Is he still living as a cowboy? 
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70751 is a reply to message #70750] Thu, 07 January 2016 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Hugs wrote on Thu, 07 January 2016 19:07"
Oh, well, thank you.

I mailed him anyways. I hope he does check e-mail.

Any information about his life, about those hand injuries? Is he still living as a cowboy? 

--
None of the stories about him are true. They were all smokescreens to confuse a very nasty cyberstalker who came close to finding out his location and causing him real personal danger. That stalker has now served jail time, with 22 and a half years suspended against his further good behaviour.

That stalker has driven at least one more author from the net, and was convicted of sex with under age boys, together with torturing them. He was very plausible, and ingratiated himself with his victims and their friends.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 January 2016 19:28]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70752 is a reply to message #70751] Thu, 07 January 2016 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Oh God... well, I'm happy he was caught (I'm still confused, though: how did they know he was after Grasshopper?).

But, about GH... his life is just a mystery, right? If he doesn't use e-mail, then I have no other way of putting myself in contact with him? (By the way, sorry for being so insistent.)
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70753 is a reply to message #70752] Thu, 07 January 2016 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Hugs wrote on Thu, 07 January 2016 19:46"
Oh God... well, I'm happy he was caught (I'm still confused, though: how did they know he was after Grasshopper?).

But, about GH... his life is just a mystery, right? If he doesn't use e-mail, then I have no other way of putting myself in contact with him? (By the way, sorry for being so insistent.)

--
"They" had no idea he was after Grasshopper. This is a serial child abuser who even managed, if you see the link I left, to ingratiate himself with Noreen Gosch, mother of a kidnapped boy.

We only discovered rather later than we wished that he had been welcomed into our fold here and into several other sites, one of which he had been allowed to administer by the webmaster! Grasshopper and I worked out how to create a smokescreen, and have been very effective at it.

The sole mechanism of getting in touch is the email address. You can probably understand why he is unlikely to reply. The man was a sophisticated criminal, and very devious in his pursuit of under age boys. He worked, online, under the name "Deacon" and he fooled everyone until the point he no longer did

GH attracted more than one stalker. There was an unusual cast of thousands supposedly in the UK, run by a man in Austin, Texas. He was probably a harmless fantasist since he used his real name. But GH has a personality that makes people adore him.

Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70754 is a reply to message #70753] Fri, 08 January 2016 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

But the cowboy thing? Wasn't it a message of his own? That's posted along with GH's stories.
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70755 is a reply to message #70754] Fri, 08 January 2016 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

As I said, none of the stories about who he is or his whereabouts are true.

Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70758 is a reply to message #70755] Sat, 09 January 2016 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

I didn't know GH had such a thing happen. I knew he'd gone offline for a while and wasn't around so much, but not why. Lots of gay story writers seem to drift off from time to time, and some go off and don't return. Sad but true.

raysstories.com
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70759 is a reply to message #70758] Sat, 09 January 2016 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Smokr wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 03:56I didn't know GH had such a thing happen. I knew he'd gone offline for a while and wasn't around so much, but not why. Lots of gay story writers seem to drift off from time to time, and some go off and don't return. Sad but true.

--
The same man "assisted" Driver9 with his online stalker and threats to his family. One suspects that he also made the threats. That one became very complicated indeed, and I stay well away from it

Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70761 is a reply to message #70759] Sat, 09 January 2016 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

As a bit of a side thought here, this is why I personally think we should always be very, very careful with what personal information we release about ourselves on-line.  You never know who might be reading it.
Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70763 is a reply to message #70761] Sat, 09 January 2016 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Mark wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 09:15"
As a bit of a side thought here, this is why I personally think we should always be very, very careful with what personal information we release about ourselves on-line.  You never know who might be reading it.

--
I have shown several folk in the past that I could identify them in real life from the very simple clues they left online. Each were shocked that I was able to do so. Two others were saved form suicide because of it, both by me, Several others by several others. That was from here, from this board.

The thing to be sure about is the quantity and quality of information you choose to release. There are very few dangerous predators out there. Folk are almost all inherently good. But that still means we need to be wise about personal details

Re: Does anybody know if Grasshopper still checks his e-mail account?  [message #70773 is a reply to message #70763] Mon, 11 January 2016 06:04 Go to previous message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

Timmy, you are absolutely right that people can be traced by simple clues.  

I have heard of more than one case, some close in geography to me, where someone was identified by simple (or sometimes not so simple) clues in their e-mails or online chats.  

It is simpler to be vague than to have to try to cover up things after.
Previous Topic: The F Word and the paradox of decision
Next Topic: Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Goto Forum: